What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees Jason Voorhees General Discussion Thread

I got to play him for a bit last night and was really loving it, they definitely captured the feel of the character. Not sure wether I wanna go Relentless or Unstoppable. I love the teleport in the former but the buffs in the latter seem really good.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Has anyone else noticed that his f2 (at least in relentless) has 34 frames of hit advantage, but the opponent is still susceptible to a command throw? It actually counts it as a 19% combo if you hit with f2, then hang out, then do the command throw separately, kind of like with Cybernetic Kano's eye blast special move.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
HOLY SHIT. This character is fucking awesome. As someone now officially co-maining Kotal and Jason, I am going to be doing a lot of damage this summer :)

zoofs

bless
Ya but that shit is hard online and the timing feels different on smaller characters Gotta dumb it down for babies like me.
It's actually super easy once you get the hang of it, just do b122 and run immediately for only like a millisecond into b122, 111. I can do it consistently now no problem

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
It's actually super easy once you get the hang of it, just do b122 and run immediately for only like a millisecond into b122, 111. I can do it consistently now no problem
i do try doing it when I'm playing someone easy for practice but honestly the damage loss for doing run b12 df1 is not that huge it is a big loss doing b2 but I'm ok with it I tick throw more with him anyway.

HotZin

Noob
Having tons of fun with Jason. Slasher with dd4 into run makes people scared, I love it haha. Gonna learn the other 2 variations later, I'm sure I'm going to have a blast with these aswell.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Has anyone else noticed that his f2 (at least in relentless) has 34 frames of hit advantage, but the opponent is still susceptible to a command throw? It actually counts it as a 19% combo if you hit with f2, then hang out, then do the command throw separately, kind of like with Cybernetic Kano's eye blast special move.
This is hella useful.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
I wanna know what people will say about this lol This is crazy stuff xD

I dont even care that its -106.

The fact that pursuit even does what it does has convinced me that the devs are not taking this game seriously.

Reversed inputs.... haha whatever.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
I say crazy cause that simple F4, 2, F4, 2, F4, 2 does enough damage for you not to use meter. So, most likely you'll have the meter by the second round. I would kinda see it as a 50% guaranteed damage. Specially if you're in the second round, taking your opponent to the second half of their life bar is crucial. Telling you now man, several people will rage about it lol

Having tons of fun with Jason. Slasher with dd4 into run makes people scared, I love it haha. Gonna learn the other 2 variations later, I'm sure I'm going to have a blast with these aswell.
They just block then full combo when it wears off =/. The best use ive found is if you can afford to take some damage to end a round. Jasons strings are too slow to fool anyone with stutter strings