What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
So... I did 1 fight. I lost. Got 20 points. And... that's all I needed to do to get the Jade skin?
I'm just making sure, because it just seems too easy! And I really want that skin...
As long as you're marked as an "Apprentice", you should be good to go!

So lets talk about her regular razor rang. Why is there so much damn start up? Is there a point to it besides NOT allowing her to spam her regular projectile. Do you find that when it goes behind her it often hits opponents? I find it RARELy hits opponents behind her. So frustrating that it can't trade with the likes of sonya or Lui Kangs projectile and there seems to be no benefit with the start up. I think they said they built her as an ANTI zoner and not a zoner but its jsut frustrating when glow doesn't even work on all projectiles. I understand there has to be balance but something has to give. Her combos and damage suck.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
So lets talk about her regular razor rang. Why is there so much damn start up? Is there a point to it besides NOT allowing her to spam her regular projectile. Do you find that when it goes behind her it often hits opponents? I find it RARELy hits opponents behind her. So frustrating that it can't trade with the likes of sonya or Lui Kangs projectile and there seems to be no benefit with the start up. I think they said they built her as an ANTI zoner and not a zoner but its jsut frustrating when glow doesn't even work on all projectiles. I understand there has to be balance but something has to give. Her combos and damage suck.
The regular rang being in her base kit is absolute shit.
Should be exactly like spark in start up.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
She would be too strong if her regular boomerag was faster, she has glow, if you can’t use the regular boomerang properly then its on you, its actually a pretty decent projectile.

Espio

Kokomo
She would be too strong if her regular boomerag was faster, she has glow, if you can’t use the regular boomerang properly then its on you, its actually a pretty decent projectile.
Yeah honestly the way it currently is designed allows me to use it for anti-air combos, meterless plus frames if done right and I can use it to check Liu Kang's flying kick sometimes. It's not full proof, but it will discourage Liu Kang from reacting to spark and punishing into crushing blow. The way it is designed currently allows for unique, nuanced utility so I wouldn't change it honestly.

Second hit being a mid on amp would be a luxury though.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Yeah honestly the way it currently is designed allows me to use it for anti-air combos, meterless plus frames if done right and I can use it to check Liu Kang's flying kick sometimes. It's not full proof, but it will discourage Liu Kang from reacting to spark and punishing into crushing blow. The way it is designed currently allows for unique, nuanced utility so I wouldn't change it honestly.

I'd say rang jailing after strings and normals would be a huge improvement to Jade. The second one being a mid would be a nice luxury, but the jailing is my #1 wish for them.

Elias6999

Mournful Master

The only buff it could have IMO is the second hit jailing after the first is blocked, but that’s a luxury, and they might have to make it more unsafe if they jail to avoid B343 rang loops.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Asking Jaded players.

What are some good things to do after the +3 kick on block other than throws?

Too strong huh?? No combos and no damage but too strong? Glow doesn't work on a lot of things and has very long recovery......regular rang could still be a high and just ducked...... I know how do use it.....I just wish it was better. Lui Kang has all his other BS and amazing projectiles and the same goes for sonya. But no combo no damage Jade can't have a good regular projectile..... god forbid.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Asking Jaded players.

I haven’t played Jaded in a while, but i used to D3 check after it sometimes. I’m not sure if it can be done midscreen though, I can’t remember.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Asking Jaded players.

In the corner - D1 if they're constantly challenge it. If you can get them to start respecting that, then you can play with B3 or grab.

Midscreen - not much. If they block it crouching you're often in range for a d1. But if they block it standing that's pretty much the end of it. D4 if they typically press after blocking standing. Shadow kick if they tend to jump after.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
In the corner - D1 if they're constantly challenge it. If you can get them to start respecting that, then you can play with B3 or grab.

Midscreen - not much. If they block it crouching you're often in range for a d1. But if they block it standing that's pretty much the end of it. D4 if they typically press after blocking standing. Shadow kick if they tend to jump after.
1 bar for a d1 or d4 :D :D :D

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
Both the run kick and b3434 have plus frames but leave the opponent too far away to continue any kind of pressure. I feel like there is something i’m supposed to be doing with this frame advantage but I haven’t figured it out yet. I generally just step back and wait for the whiff.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Both the run kick and b3434 have plus frames but leave the opponent too far away to continue any kind of pressure. I feel like there is something i’m supposed to be doing with this frame advantage but I haven’t figured it out yet. I generally just step back and wait for the whiff.
This is exactly why I immediately stopped playing Jaded a few days after the patch. Her pressure is very awkward and different options dont really complement each other like other stagger pressure characters' options do. Kick cancel and B3434 make me lose my position against anyone with a good backdash (especially Cetrion), Vault is her only safe special option on block yet is rather gimmicky and I swear I'm only safe so often purely because of online input delay, Vault cancels are good but costly, D1 jailing into 21 has to be basically frame perfect online, 1 and 2 are both very stubby despite being Highs, F4 can sometimes low crush D3s/D4s but it's a little slow on the draw for use in staggering efficiently, your only special option on hit confirm that leaves the opponent standing and you positive enough to continue pressuring is burning meter on razor-rang - the list goes on.

On the positive side, F3/F34 is a lot better than people give it credit for. It may be stubby, but that doesnt mean shit when you're always in their face. A fast low with special cancel options, safety, and ok damage (for Jade) on the string is a lovely tool to have.

There's a reason why in the "Reasonable Jade Changes" thread I basically spelled out an entire rework of her basic attacks. Close range gameplay of any kind is just not an efficient option for our green girl. It's not the end of the world to be in that position, but there's a VERY good reason that Emerald Defender is the main variation that most everyone uses (pros included). Dedicating an entire variation's abilities to complement a fighting style the character is mediocre at just doesnt do enough to move her out of mediocrity in that area in my opinion.

In conclusion, Jaded is neat but gimmicky with little to no payoff for all the effort because lol Jade damage.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
No, guys.
Jade is fine.
The same fine as Erron, Liu, Geras, Jacqui and Sonya.

Jade has awesome zoning just like Liu and Sonya. This logically warrants that her normals are trash.
Liu has awesome zoning and a 9f mid and a flying kick that full combo punishes Jade's glow. This is fine.
Liu and Sonya have better mids, better combo damage, which is fine because Jade's zoning explains why she's unsafe.

Jade is fine.
The same fine as Liu and Sonya.