What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

Espio

Kokomo
Is Jade the only character that has a launching KB from throw instead of the straight 300 damage?
It's such a major disadvantage when I do like Baraka's throw crushing blow you cannot avoid damage and have to eat an unbreakable 30%. It's the little things that weaken damage output. I can't think of anyone off hand.
Jade's new costume is so awesome! Been wanting a non-Revenant version of it since the day she was revealed, and now I finally got it!

That's the exact mask I use as well cause it's perfect with that outfit. I use a different staff though cause the staff I use is black and gold and the beam is of course green so it blends the pallette together nicely. I like the alt color too cause it's like army green. Can't wait for classic skin so we can hopefully get classic glaive color when tossed and purple staff for the true queen Jade.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Agreed. Jade's KB is a freakin gimmick, meanwhile rushdown characters get 310 dmg x2 guaranteed, no execution or corner position needed.

I'm still not seeing the extra strings be worth a shit in a new loadout unless they do her like Noob and re-work her moves entirely. They work on people who don't know the matchup but easily baited and punished otherwise.

Personally, I'm hoping for Ex-Glaive to get jailed, the way LK's or Johnny's projectiles jail. It's like they give her plus frames but they make sure they're easily avoidable by scrubs? smh...

Hot_DNA

Noob
I don't even bother to use jade's KBs...I know the requirements for them but what setups do you guys use? I get the shadow kick and throw KB just about every match but I don't even bother to try to the other ones

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I don't even bother to use jade's KBs...I know the requirements for them but what setups do you guys use? I get the shadow kick and throw KB just about every match but I don't even bother to try to the other ones
I think 124 is still easy to get, I just wish you could turn it into more damage easily. Her low string damage is understandable, but the arbitrary discrepancy in KB dmg between characters is annoying

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Against roll escape happy opponents you can get the 124 one off pretty reliably. Also sometimes in really hinky wiff situations (this has to be an opponent just committing to strings from really far off or jumping back a lot and landing on the stick).

It's one of those things that's not very practical because you have to hope your opponent makes mistakes or is predictable. Same reason I don't think her extra strings or Delila's Dance will mean anything in a new variation. Still unsafe (without bar) and all can be defeated by crouch blocking. Why would anyone stand block any string of Jade's once they are familiar with the match up?

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
If she gets deadly assassin, I'm coming back to Jade as a seconardy
doesn't she only have 4 moves left that aren't in a variation? If they left Deadly Assassin on the table and gave her Divine Forces instead, I'd be flabbergasted.

..actually, thats probably EXACTLY what they're going to do...

Benlo

PrayforSareena
At least, she got Deadly Assassin combos, all I was asking for. The tp not that bad, wait and see I'll say.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I'm stoked for deadly assassin, but I don't know if it's really going to make her any better. Just makes her more rangey. Does it even help with combo damage?

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I'm stoked for deadly assassin, but I don't know if it's really going to make her any better. Just makes her more rangey. Does it even help with combo damage?
Nope. Still the same 20% something. Ill definitely try out the new variation, but right now I can only think of it being used to 50/50 by completing the b2 string or cancelling into amp teleport for a low. Which seems underwhelming compared to the +3 nitro kick from jaded, since none of the Deadly Assassin's strings are plus or -1 or something, IIRC

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Deadly Assassin ups her damage from b2 whiff punishes no?
We not Kitana so don't expect that type of treatment lol. Overdoing things are exclusively for certain characters.
I'm Team Jade but slandering the name of your Khan will not be tolerated.

Espio

Kokomo
Deadly Assassin ups her damage from b2 whiff punishes no?

I'm Team Jade but slandering the name of your Khan will not be tolerated.
Girl what? It's Kitana time. Jade isn't a blind follower though. Very not Jade of you ohohoho.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
third variation is a flop, but we knew it would be already. Sorry Jade mains, we'll have to wait and pray till next patch.