What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Have yall tried F21 on oki? Its been working out pretty well for me at max distance, even when the roll backwards they will usually be hit by the second hit
Once they learn to roll towards you, it's over. They'll be able to standing poke you out of the 2nd hit

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
zoning tools beating Glow is the most arbitrary bullshit ever
Fixed it for you, bud

It's fucking 56 frames before you can move if you use it, people can teleport on you twice, wavedash at you 4 times, or use a move that ignores it anyway because logic.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Are skins bugged? I have my default variation (ED) set to one skin and Jaded as another, yet when I pick Jaded I'm still wearing my ED skin.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Are skins bugged? I have my default variation (ED) set to one skin and Jaded as another, yet when I pick Jaded I'm still wearing my ED skin.
For a while that confounded me but when you pick a default skin, you will always default to that "skin" in tournament mode no matter the variation you pick. You only get one costume at a time in tournament mode afaik

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
I know Jaded isn't popular, but I'd like to see amp'd Vault adjusted so she can combo into it more easily. Right now in a lot of combos if you amp she jumps over the opponent because she moves forward in most of her starters. I think it would be nice if she went less far so we have the option to amp more often for a bit more damage. That or widen the hitbox so she sort of snaps to them.

Or is this an intentional limitation for some reason?

Edited edit: nvm im just trash

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I know Jaded isn't popular, but I'd like to see amp'd Vault adjusted so she can combo into it more easily. Right now in a lot of combos if you amp she jumps over the opponent because she moves forward in most of her starters. I think it would be nice if she went less far so we have the option to amp more often for a bit more damage. That or widen the hitbox so she sort of snaps to them.

Or is this an intentional limitation for some reason?

Edited edit: nvm im just trash
Vault is just bad right now.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
So asking those that have the patch already.
How's Vault now? Does anything still lowprofile it? What's the startup? How is it on block? etc

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
So asking those that have the patch already.
How's Vault now? Does anything still lowprofile it? What's the startup? How is it on block? etc
The frames are better but feel the same. It has one less recovery frame so it’s -3 on block. The damage is higher but not by much. Most importantly, characters can still d1 and d3 to dodge it, or just d2 to knock her out of it. They may have changed things but they definitely didn’t fix the move.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
The frames are better but feel the same. It has one less recovery frame so it’s -3 on block. The damage is higher but not by much. Most importantly, characters can still d1 and d3 to dodge it, or just d2 to knock her out of it. They may have changed things but they definitely didn’t fix the move.
Not even surprised.

seanpon

Noob

Some good example of high level play from the new Jaded variation by Raptor against Hayatei. It looks like whenever the opponent is duck blocking after the run shadow kick she does leave the opponent close up for a throw, D1, or B3. If the opponent is stand blocking midscreen run shadow kick has some pushback, except if there in the corner.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!

Some good example of high level play from the new Jaded variation by Raptor against Hayatei. It looks like whenever the opponent is duck blocking after the run shadow kick she does leave the opponent close up for a throw, D1, or B3. If the opponent is stand blocking midscreen run shadow kick has some pushback, except if there in the corner.
These matches clearly prove that air glaive is what makes or breaks Jade. Even the nerfed Erron is shitting allover Jaded.
The number of times Jade is trying to zone and remembers she doesn't have the tools in this variation speaks volumes of the character's lacking tools.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Asking those who have been playing Jaded for a longer time.

I feel Vault to be extremely inconvenient to use. I don't know how to explain this, it just doesn't come natural, it feels like I'm always struggling to get that move out correctly and at the right time. Anyone feel the same way? Anyone know why it feels so clunky to me?

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
I tend to think of the vault as a shallow jump attack. It can be AAd and you have to wait for the whole arc before the attack lands, but you can get over a lot of pokes and it is safe. The timing and spacing feels more natural if you think about it like a command jump attack

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I tend to think of the vault as a shallow jump attack. It can be AAd and you have to wait for the whole arc before the attack lands, but you can get over a lot of pokes and it is safe. The timing and spacing feels more natural if you think about it like a command jump attack
That's not the issue I'm having.
It's literally that executing it after a B2 feels clunky. Sometimes it comes out, sometimes it doesn't. Feels a bit of a struggle somehow

Madog32

Asking those who have been playing Jaded for a longer time.

I feel Vault to be extremely inconvenient to use. I don't know how to explain this, it just doesn't come natural, it feels like I'm always struggling to get that move out correctly and at the right time. Anyone feel the same way? Anyone know why it feels so clunky to me?
I've been using jaded since launch and always found vault (and jade in general) to have great hit confirming. B2 is very hit confirmable, and with jaded you have some great options off of it. B2 into bf3. You can let the vault hit if you've confirmed the b2. If not, hold in the 3 and mash R1 for the safety of the new kick.

The hardest part is actually waiting for the 3rd or 4th hit of b2 before inputing the bf2 command. Too early and its likely to not come out.

I've also noticed that the timing for a cancel after b2 can vary depending on whether the first 2 hits of wiggle stick connect or not. If they whiff, you have to be certain you entered the vault command after the 3rd or 4th hit connect.

And I would definitely make sure negative edge is turned off, if you haven't already

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I've been using jaded since launch and always found vault (and jade in general) to have great hit confirming. B2 is very hit confirmable, and with jaded you have some great options off of it. B2 into bf3. You can let the vault hit if you've confirmed the b2. If not, hold in the 3 and mash R1 for the safety of the new kick.

The hardest part is actually waiting for the 3rd or 4th hit of b2 before inputing the bf2 command. Too early and its likely to not come out.

I've also noticed that the timing for a cancel after b2 can vary depending on whether the first 2 hits of wiggle stick connect or not. If they whiff, you have to be certain you entered the vault command after the 3rd or 4th hit connect.

And I would definitely make sure negative edge is turned off, if you haven't already
I wouldn't call it great. B2 is one of the better ones to hitconfirm off of, as is b343.
But a naked b1, b3, and any of her standard buttons takes some tighter, dialed input that you have to commit to and potentially blow yourself up by using it. I'm making progress but I have only like 15 minutes a day so this will take a while for my old shaky hands to get comfortable with. I miss buffer windows.

Madog32

I wouldn't call it great. B2 is one of the better ones to hitconfirm off of, as is b343.
But a naked b1, b3, and any of her standard buttons takes some tighter, dialed input that you have to commit to and potentially blow yourself up by using it. I'm making progress but I have only like 15 minutes a day so this will take a while for my old shaky hands to get comfortable with. I miss buffer windows.
"Great" for jade, lol.

But yes, B2 and B343 both happen to be good strings/normals and very hit confirmable.