What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I tested a kustom variation with the moves from the third announced new one and I can say for sure that, unless they RADICALLY buff the amp tele damage and startup, and fix the b2 hitboxes (it whiffs like crazy depending on the distance), then this variation is going to be shit. Low damage, predictable and reactable strings and nothing to compensate for that. No +3 run-kick, no +20something air glaive, no low spark and, mindfuckingly, NO GLOW (!)

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
I tested a kustom variation with the moves from the third announced new one and I can say for sure that, unless they RADICALLY buff the amp tele damage and startup, and fix the b2 hitboxes (it whiffs like crazy depending on the distance), then this variation is going to be shit. Low damage, predictable and reactable strings and nothing to compensate for that. No +3 run-kick, no +20something air glaive, no low spark and, mindfuckingly, NO GLOW (!)
ya. I've wanted deadly assassin for a long time, but i don't think losing glow is worth ANYTHING from this new variation. Jaded still sounds like the way to go to me. But I'll still give it a shot. Maybe the hitbox of the extended strings were adjusted.

I honestly can't believe they gave her a tele AND a reflect, while leaving delias dance on the table :(

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
The b2124 string is rough. Not the kind of move you can just throw out there. You have to commit to the full string, and multiple hits of it are flawless blockable. The second hit has 32 startup frames, so anyone who is already punishing b2 will have no problem knocking Jade out of it. The third hit also has a massive gap that can be poked out of. Moreover, at max range even if the first three hits land the last hit will whiff. That said, each step has a cancel window, so you can bail out of the string at any time. Bait the poke and throw in a staff spin or nitro kick. But then again, Jade doesn't have any safe specials, so you're committing to doing something unsafe.

The damage is fine tho. If you cancel the last hit into amp nitro kick she can get 226. Not bad for a 10 frame punish. I think that is the best practical use for the string.

Madog32

The b2124 string is rough. Not the kind of move you can just throw out there. You have to commit to the full string, and multiple hits of it are flawless blockable. The second hit has 32 startup frames, so anyone who is already punishing b2 will have no problem knocking Jade out of it. The third hit also has a massive gap that can be poked out of. Moreover, at max range even if the first three hits land the last hit will whiff. That said, each step has a cancel window, so you can bail out of the string at any time. Bait the poke and throw in a staff spin or nitro kick. But then again, Jade doesn't have any safe specials, so you're committing to doing something unsafe.

The damage is fine tho. If you cancel the last hit into amp nitro kick she can get 226. Not bad for a 10 frame punish. I think that is the best practical use for the string.
B2 is one of the most hit confirmable moves i've used in MK11. Is the cancel window for the rest of the string any different than cancelling into a special? Obviously that B2 string would be death on block, but i would think you should be able to confirm it just as well as you can confirm B2~vault. I'm more worried about follow-up hits whiffing at certain ranges and getting you blown up!

kcd117

Noob
So variation 3 is hot garbage huh.

Can’t wait to see if they gonna finally remove the pillows from her hands. Having to hit 5 punishes to kill instead of 7 would already make me hella happy lol.

Phr4nk

2021 Ash Main
B2 is one of the most hit confirmable moves i've used in MK11. Is the cancel window for the rest of the string any different than cancelling into a special? Obviously that B2 string would be death on block, but i would think you should be able to confirm it just as well as you can confirm B2~vault. I'm more worried about follow-up hits whiffing at certain ranges and getting you blown up!
The hit confirm isn't bad. You can input b212, and if the b2 is blocked the rest of the string doesn't come out. If b2 connects add in the 4, and you get the full string.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
In its current state, I believe Deadly Assassin is only really worth a slot if paired with Delia's Dance. You could compensate the whiffing by playing mindgames of b2 full string or canceling it at various points with Delia's.

Unrelated sidenote: something I noticed messing around with kustoms is that, interestingly enough, you cannot cancel pole vault run into nitro kick if you only have pole vault equipped. I'm not sure if you need pole vault and pole vault cancel OR pole vault and blazing nitro kick OR all of the above. Which potentially makes pole vault only worth it if you invest every slot on it. Hmm...

Madog32

In its current state, I believe Deadly Assassin is only really worth a slot if paired with Delia's Dance. You could compensate the whiffing by playing mindgames of b2 full string or canceling it at various points with Delia's.

Unrelated sidenote: something I noticed messing around with kustoms is that, interestingly enough, you cannot cancel pole vault run into nitro kick if you only have pole vault equipped. I'm not sure if you need pole vault and pole vault cancel OR pole vault and blazing nitro kick OR all of the above. Which potentially makes pole vault only worth it if you invest every slot on it. Hmm...
Yeah. During the KK for the last patch 16bit pointed out that Vault~kick is only a thing if you have the altered nitro kick equipped as well. But i don't think it says anything about it in the actual move descriptions.

They also mentioned something similar on yesterdays KK for another character but I can't remember who. Certain moves are only available if equipped together

I was really hoping for that dance/assassin combo for V3. I should have known better lol. I guess we can hope for full customs at some point...

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
New variation is eh...IMO.

Reflect isn't desirable for just about any matchup, though it's interesting to note that it might have some use vs Cetrion's boulder. As that's a punish from a lot of parts of the screen if it gets reflected. Amp winds tracks her teleport if she teleports out before you teleport, otherwise it just gets whomp whomped to the old Cetrion location lol.

Deadly assassin stuff is kinda neat. 322d1 has a ton of pushback on block and is gapless, while 322 winds has a gap right at the end. 432 is gapless all the way. The sweep is nice. Normal winds also I can see being useful in block pressure, though basically everything but 3, 4, and b3 into it can be flawless blocked.

I think the moves in the variation needed rebalancing. It largely doesn't gel all that well, at least with how all the moves currently work.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium

Reflect isn't desirable for just about any matchup, though it's interesting to note that it might have some use vs Cetrion's boulder. As that's a punish from a lot of parts of the screen if it gets reflected. Amp winds tracks her teleport if she teleports out before you teleport, otherwise it just gets whomp whomped to the old Cetrion location lol.

Deadly assassin stuff is kinda neat. 322d1 has a ton of pushback on block and is gapless, while 322 winds has a gap right at the end. 432 is gapless all the way. The sweep is nice. Normal winds also I can see being useful in block pressure, though basically everything but 3, 4, and b3 into it can be flawless blocked.

I think the moves in the variation needed rebalancing. It largely doesn't gel all that well, at least with how all the moves currently work.
@THTB, would you mind nabbing some screenshots of the frame data on Vanishing Winds and Divine Forces? The notes aren't out and I play PC exclusively so I have nothing to go off of at the moment.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

So they didn't change any properties of them? What about B2124? Still a massive gap?

Any changes to the reflect meter burn pop up?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
@THTB, would you mind nabbing some screenshots of the frame data on Vanishing Winds and Divine Forces? The notes aren't out and I play PC exclusively so I have nothing to go off of at the moment.
If the notes aren't out when I get on again, I'll check.

So they didn't change any properties of them? What about B2124? Still a massive gap?

Any changes to the reflect meter burn pop up?
I never checked our the custom stuff so I'm not sure of what stuff was like before. But yeah, b2124 has gaps everywhere. Tbh though I don't think that's a deal breaker, given the extra staff hits connect consistently, making it a pretty consistent punish option that nets more damage on the ground off that specific normal.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
If the notes aren't out when I get on again, I'll check.

I never checked our the custom stuff so I'm not sure of what stuff was like before. But yeah, b2124 has gaps everywhere. Tbh though I don't think that's a deal breaker, given the extra staff hits connect consistently, making it a pretty consistent punish option that nets more damage on the ground off that specific normal.
It can be confirmed as well.

Just wondering if they changed any properties pre and post patch. I need those notes.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Vanishing Winds normal version is now a completely safe low at -4, and the teleport/amplify is more safe at -3.

It's slow so it creates gaps but that should be a good tool to use in conjunction with F2, B1 and well spaced B2s. And teleports are always good.

Somebody also told me that Divine Forces amplify couldn't be converted from last patch which I wasn't sure if that was true so I took their word for it. Anyhow, you are able to convert from it now.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Vanishing Winds normal version is now a completely safe low at -4, and the teleport/amplify is more safe at -3.

It's slow so it creates gaps but that should be a good tool to use in conjunction with F2, B1 and well spaced B2s. And teleports are always good.

Somebody also told me that Divine Forces amplify couldn't be converted from last patch which I wasn't sure if that was true so I took their word for it. Anyhow, you are able to convert from it now.
Does un-amp'd Vanishing Winds still have the bit of pushback on block too? I guess that doesnt matter as much with it being safe now, but it would be a nice boon for avoiding the resulting poke after being -4.

Concerning Divine Forces, that would have been me. If it can actually be confirmed into, that means this is the ONE Jade variation with an enhanced launcher. Do you know what all strings / normals can combo into it?

Side note: sure love PC not getting patches at the same time so I have to just vicariously experience the patch through others.