What's new

Jade General Discussion Thread

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
"Great" for jade, lol.

But yes, B2 and B343 both happen to be good strings/normals and very hit confirmable.
Sadly, Emerald is superior in every single way. Safe or not, vault is not a guaranteed safe special and the new kick guarantees nothing. Rather have air glaives.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Sadly, Emerald is superior in every single way. Safe or not, vault is not a guaranteed safe special and the new kick guarantees nothing. Rather have air glaives.
new kick guarantees safety on block without the worry of "will he flawless block my B3434" :cool: (It also leaves you in a great position to go for 124 KB)

I get what you're saying, tho. I never argued otherwise. ED is still better in almost every MU just because of Air Rangs.

But Jaded is by far more FUN to play IMO. Even if you're less likely to win.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Am I the only one who still thinks the timing on Ex Vault is dumb? I end up flying over my opponent so many times
I was talking about this a few days before the patch. When you amp it she keeps moving forward on the pole instead of coming straight down. It makes the amp whiff when your cancel into vault and you're too close to the enemy.

They gotta make her jump less far or widen the hitbox.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I know this patch was meant to apply a gentle touch, but Jade is in serious need of a rebalancing of her power budget. The amount budgeted to air glaive is WAY too high while multiple other aspects of her kit suffer.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I know this patch was meant to apply a gentle touch, but Jade is in serious need of a rebalancing of her power budget. The amount budgeted to air glaive is WAY too high while multiple other aspects of her kit suffer.
Like I've been saying for ages, you mean.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
The sour fact is that without Air Glaive she's literally helpless in matchups where the opponent has better normals, which is like, everyone?
So what if you're +3 for 1 bar on a high, all you get is a b343 blockstring or a throw.

Vault's run is useless against anyone who either has a fullscreen punish for glow such as Scorpion or a zoning tool that ignores your amazing 56f zoning immunity (lol) because they'll just blow you up for using it. Which is again most of the cast.

At least MB Air Glaive is + on block and instant air glaive stops idiots from mashing d1

Seobones

Noob
for Jaded
How do you guys condition people to block low against her during the blockstrings ?
It's nice to have a +3 but the pushback seems too strong to do anything other than a d4 if they stand block.

Madog32

for Jaded
How do you guys condition people to block low against her during the blockstrings ?
It's nice to have a +3 but the pushback seems too strong to do anything other than a d4 if they stand block.
D4. D4. D4. D4.

D4 is not guaranteed after the +3 tho, so beware. However, if they're letting you get away with it, you should be able to jail them into blocking a B2 afterwards, or even a B343 if they previously blocked the shadowkick crouching and left you close enough to do so. Both of those moves would allow you to loop back into the vault kick for that +3 again.

But honestly, why aren't they already blocking low against Jade? Thats literally the whole defense. Block low and react to the F2.

And don't forget to take advantage of 124 krushing blow if they're not blocking low!

Last edited:

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
D4. D4. D4. D4.

But honestly, why aren't they already blocking low against Jade? Thats literally the whole defense. Block low and react to the F2.

And don't forget to take advantage of 124 krushing blow if they're not blocking low!
Added Jaded bonus: no Edenian Spark for (admittedly so slow it's a gimmick) mixup shenanigans so there is literally NO reason to EVER stand block against Jaded outside of on reaction to F2.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Kahn's shoulder is an advancing mid launcher.
Anyone who says that Jade's Shadow Kick being a high is "good" or that "the range on b2 is the reason why it's a high" after what Kahn has for a mid and the damage it leads to, is clearly mentally ill with a plant-level IQ.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Even Tweedy and Sonic place Jade just outside of bottom 5 right now. I'm going to say Kotal is better than Jade with his changes though so she's bottom 5.

Monarchos159

BALANCED
That's kind of misleading to say Sonic had her just out of the bottom 5 when he has her very much as A+ which he considers viable, and his tier list is very clearly not ordered unless specified on the fringe characters.

He goes on to say nothing but positive things about her on the video explaining his tier list.

Tweedy's tier list says she "really good" with room for improvement essentially.

anyway, im having a lot of fun with her Jaded variation. I think she has the tools necessary to succeed if the player is up to the task.

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
That's kind of misleading to say Sonic had her just out of the bottom 5 when he has her very much as A+
True. My bad there.
im having a lot of fun with her Jaded variation.
That's all there is to it. It's a weak variation of a weak character but having fun is what matters in the end.
I can't seem to enjoy mk11 in its current state.
We were promised things like "no huge combos" and "no advancing mid launchers" and we still have a lot of dumb shit in the game.
I feel kind of cheated with how Jade struggles against over half the cast.

I think she has the tools necessary to succeed if the player is up to the task.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Boon confirming third variations on twitter.

I'm guessing this will be her Deadly Assassin variation. I'm thinking Deadly Assassin, Delia's Dance, and Reflect replacing glow as the built in weakness.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium

I'm guessing this will be her Deadly Assassin variation. I'm thinking Deadly Assassin, Delia's Dance, and Reflect replacing glow as the built in weakness.
Deadly Assassin, Delia's Dance, and the low staff slam that teleports on enhance (forgot the name of it) would be perfect. If they put in the Reflect, it will require SUBSTANTIAL buffs to be worthwhile to pick the variation.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!

Deadly Assassin, Delia's Dance, and the low staff slam that teleports on enhance (forgot the name of it) would be perfect. If they put in the Reflect, it will require SUBSTANTIAL buffs to be worthwhile to pick the variation.
Both Reflect and Vanishing Winds are trash tbh. The former is a watered-down version of Glow, probably not working on most projectiles and has a horribad frame data. The latter only teleports on meterburn so it's a gigantic cop-out.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
To be clear i don't want the reflect in her third variation, but i expect it since almost every variation has something useless or nerfs the characters regular options for "balance".

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
To be clear i don't want the reflect in her third variation, but i expect it since almost every variation has something useless or nerfs the characters regular options for "balance".
I wish they nerfed Geras, Liu and Erron for "Balance" the same way they nerf Jade for "Balance" too

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
What rank do I need to unlock the Jade skin in the Kombat League?
Never played the KL before, so I'm not sure how it works.

Madog32

... Are you serious?
As long as your highest achieved rank for the season is either Apprentice, Kombatant, or Warrior (or higher, obviously) you'll get the Jade skin. One game as an Apprentice should be all you need.

But you won't actually GET the skin until the season is over

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
As long as your highest achieved rank for the season is either Apprentice, Kombatant, or Warrior (or higher, obviously) you'll get the Jade skin. One game as an Apprentice should be all you need.

But you won't actually GET the skin until the season is over
So... I did 1 fight. I lost. Got 20 points. And... that's all I needed to do to get the Jade skin?
I'm just making sure, because it just seems too easy! And I really want that skin...