What's new

Jacqui Briggs General Discussion

seems like i was right , ive made a tier list and everybody called me insane when i said jacqui was top 5 . she has brain dead broken shit. i might be trash but i know what make a good character on papper.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
So, uh... Who are you guys playing after NRS inevitably nerfs her to the ground next patch?

God, I had so much fun with Jacqui :(
I played her when she was low-mid/mid in X pre-buffs and i’ll keep playing her even if she gets nerfed into the gutter.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
seems like i was right , ive made a tier list and everybody called me insane when i said jacqui was top 5 . she has brain dead broken shit. i might be trash but i know what make a good character on papper.
No one braindead is winning with her. It's the players with the best neutral and best knowledge of the game. No surprise.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Jacqui is godly in this game but she’s far from unga. If you want to see some unga bunga braindead play watch Erron players.

You actually have to set up her damage to get those crazy numbers and you have to rely on conditioning to keep your pressure up. She has no zoning so she’s has to be patient and be smart when using her super duck punishable dash punch to even get in.

This is an incredibly well designed rushdown character that has great rewards if you have the execution. You have to be on point with your feints mix and f22 just frame, and max clinch damage is locked behind a series of just frame attacks even, her throw counter has tight timing and you have to not only make the tech reaction but immediately amplify it and then make your own throw choice between two techable options yourself to even get your damaged for your meter.

Now I won’t act like this stuff is impossible to get down, but she isn’t brain dead.

Last edited:

Simba

Noob
The character is obviously good and has some good offensive pressure and tools, but to call her braindead is no where near correct. She's really good when she's in and can get her game started, but it's all about conditioning your opponent around those options.

There are better characters than her who have stuff just as crazy/crazier and who get it started easier as well. She isn't Sonya who has a legit 50/50 into damage and an od projectile. Nor Geras who gets legit oki off of everything along with amazing krushing blows while having a presence everywhere on screen. She also doesn't command neutral over basically everyone like Erron and Scorpion either.

I don't think anyone has down played her in here and we won't now, but top 5 is a stretch at the moment. Top 10 without a doubt though. And even though I think it's too early for tier placements outright, I enjoy the conversation tier lists spark about strengths/weaknesses and the knowledge gained from discussions about characters. So if you do think she's top 5 and can explain without just saying she's broke or braindead I'm open to it. Maybe I look at things differently after or you understand the character better coming from a Jacqui player's perspective.

I think she's a character NRS should use as a benchmark for balance with the other characters though. She's strong and fun af to play while being unique, excels in what she was designed to and weak in obvious areas which also make sense.

Wigy

There it is...
I swear there is some weird tell on feints. I get people always poking after it and I do full string and they block.

Watching Sonic vs dragon it's the same thing, seems psuedo reactable. Maybe from audio visual cues. I don't know.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I swear there is some weird tell on feints. I get people always poking after it and I do full string and they block.

Watching Sonic vs dragon it's the same thing, seems psuedo reactable. Maybe from audio visual cues. I don't know.
You can see the animation. I think it’s reactable, like staggers, if you’re looking for it — but it’s still really really hard to do correctly every time if your opponent is mixing it up. Nobody is gonna react to all that stuff HappyPow was doing in the corner.

There might also be a blockstun option select. There was a lot of stuff like that in MKX, who knows.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
The other version.
Hell naw, I've been on board since the Kombat Kast because of the feints. Ain't nobody got time fo plasma lameness lol

I played her when she was low-mid/mid in X pre-buffs and i’ll keep playing her even if she gets nerfed into the gutter.
Damn, I wish I had that determination, but never really liked the character :(
I agree with everything mah dude said above but its not gonna stop them nerfing her into the ground.
Well, unfortunately you're right. NRS's history proves they tend to use binary-like indicators when it comes to this stuff. Is this character winning tournaments? If yes, then that character is a target. Bonus points if it's SonicFox using them.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Well, unfortunately you're right. NRS's history proves they tend to use binary-like indicators when it comes to this stuff. Is this character winning tournaments? If yes, then that character is a target. Bonus points if it's SonicFox using them.
To be fair, a lot of time Sonic does use characters specifically because they're broke (Vanilla Black Adam, Tanya, and Alien), and he's also used other characters that were fine and stayed the same (Kitana, Red Hood, etc)

To be fair, a lot of time Sonic does use characters specifically because they're broke (Vanilla Black Adam, Tanya, and Alien), and he's also used other characters that were fine and stayed the same (Kitana, Red Hood, etc)
Vanilla Erron was broke af in mkx btw. Just like Kabal in the beta

sonic was playing batgirl and sonya in mk9 sonic always plays the broke ass characters thats how it is

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
So, uh... Who are you guys playing after NRS inevitably nerfs her to the ground next patch?

God, I had so much fun with Jacqui :(
If they're heavy-handed and nerf her core stuff I'll probably switch my focus back to Kano and Jax.

Here's hoping they're gentle if they do (imo they shouldn't touch her)

Wigy

There it is...
You can see the animation. I think it’s reactable, like staggers, if you’re looking for it — but it’s still really really hard to do correctly every time if your opponent is mixing it up. Nobody is gonna react to all that stuff HappyPow was doing in the corner.

There might also be a blockstun option select. There was a lot of stuff like that in MKX, who knows.
I think it's more than just a reactionary stagger thing, I'm leaning more to a blockstun cause or something like you said

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
So trying to punish anything comring from a crouch into f.1 is a huge fucking issue that’s costing me games

Any good way to practice jailing? I’m pretty new to NRS games, so please correct me if I’m wrong. But I think f12 jails into b22? Or am I completely off base?

Lol top 5 or top 10, so arbitrary. She is as good as the best characters currently. Stop it with the numbers.

She is the most beast character up close and is fun to play. Her crushes are very easy to set up. She has a safe on block dash attack that is very unique. It being a high is irrelevant when at higher levels you are jockeying for space so much. And she has a lunging string to threaten the same distance so people won't just neutral duck all the time.

She is extremely strong and it's ok. Just stop downplaying her up close dominance. She has several -2 staggers and excellent walk speed. Frame to frame none of the top tiers that you guys list have anything like hers. Her damage efficiency is above average as well and unlike Sonya up close she is very safe.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yep ... Jaqui is a monster , even more in the corner ..... in any future tier list, she will appear as one of top characters, no doubt about that