What's new

Jacqui Briggs General Discussion

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I play next gen and first variation. I'm not a big streamer whatsoever but I stream and record my matches. I'll link to you when I've got more up.
Awesome thanks man, havent even touched the other variation yet as I am having loads of fun with Next Gen. I have been streaming most my matches also on my channel usually long sets in the past broadcast section.

Last edited:

freerf245

11 11 11 11
I love Jax, but god damn. I can't stop playing Jacqui in this game. She is easily the most fun character I've played. She has every tool I could ever want (except good normals but thats okay) and her throw reversal is one of my favorite Krushing Blow to hit across the whole cast. Hope they never change her.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I love Jax, but god damn. I can't stop playing Jacqui in this game. She is easily the most fun character I've played. She has every tool I could ever want (except good normals but thats okay) and her throw reversal is one of my favorite Krushing Blow to hit across the whole cast. Hope they never change her.
I think jacqui has exceptional normals.

f314 is everything you’d want in a string.

f44 has really good range for a 12 frame mid

b22 is an insane string too.

Basically all her strings are safe

Last edited:

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
What is her best variation at the moment? And with which one should I start playing her?
Also what are her best abilities? :)

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
What is her best variation at the moment? And with which one should I start playing her?
1st Round K.O. is her best Variation imo. The clinch and the cancels are so good.

You can troll people with sweep-cancels into sweep-cancels all day, especially the d1,d2,d3 mashers!

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Also what are her best abilities? :)
Imo best variation is 1st round KO but next gen is pretty viable.

I’d say best loadout is probably
  • clinch
  • cancels (overdrive I think it’s called?)
  • Grenade launcher/rocket launcher
Grab reversal is ehh, tech dome is ok, knee is nice as a KB once a game but cancels give her great pressure, clinch gives her good damage (and a great KB) and grenade launcher/rocket launcher give her a useful projectile.

Dive bomb has questionable use and amplified aerial db1 is a bill

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Wat? Except good normals?

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
How do you differentiate between arm and leg break off using meter burn on trow tech? I can only get the arm break.
Press 3 after the amplify. Only works for me if I time the amp exactly and don´t mash it, if I mash it´s the arm all the time

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
1st Round K.O. is her best Variation imo. The clinch and the cancels are so good.

You can troll people with sweep-cancels into sweep-cancels all day, especially the d1,d2,d3 mashers!
Imo best variation is 1st round KO but next gen is pretty viable.

I’d say best loadout is probably
  • clinch
  • cancels (overdrive I think it’s called?)
  • Grenade launcher/rocket launcher
Grab reversal is ehh, tech dome is ok, knee is nice as a KB once a game but cancels give her great pressure, clinch gives her good damage (and a great KB) and grenade launcher/rocket launcher give her a useful projectile.

Dive bomb has questionable use and amplified aerial db1 is a bill
I'm on PC and there is no 1st round KO...there is "lethal weapon" and "all army" :( . Unless I'm missing something

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me

Coach Steve using KO, worth a watch

I'm on PC and there is no 1st round KO...there is "lethal weapon" and "all army" :( . Unless I'm missing something
If you go to tournament mode you will see the variations 1st Round KO and Next Gen. Will need to create them in kustomise in order to use them in training mode or ranked.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Here is some next gen gameplay, I think she is pretty strong though I am not pro but these 2 matches I took homie to the future.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I think jacqui has exceptional normals.

f314 is everything you’d want in a string.

f44 has really good range for a 12 frame mid

b22 is an insane string too.

Basically all her strings are safe
You forgot f12, a great combo filler string and good in plain neutral

And my personal favorite, 33 for that absolutely nasty KB on counterhit that can lead to some of her highest damage combos.

It’s nuts to me that I almost never see anyone use it in any of the footage I see posted or tourney videos.

That’s basically a free +40% once a game off of just catching someone whiffing or baiting out a punishable attack, something that happens tons of times a match at any level.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

And my personal favorite, 33 for that absolutely nasty KB on counterhit that can lead to some of her highest damage combos.

It’s nuts to me that I almost never see anyone use it in any of the footage I see posted or tourney videos.

That’s basically a free +40% once a game off of just catching someone whiffing or baiting out a punishable attack, something that happens tons of times a match at any level.
33 has a shocking hitbox and whiffs against many characters. It can only really punish if it’s right up close with little/no pushback.

Most people don’t use it because they don’t want to risk missing a guaranteed punish.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy

Probably because its pretty situational as a punish since it has no range (not that it should have).
Lots of -1234 moves cannot be punished by it because of its range, even after dashing in

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
I got matched against another Jacqui player in ranked a few days ago. He tried to use 33 in neutral to fish for a counter hit. I blocked the first hit, the second hit, despite being a mid, whiffed completely.

Let's just say it was a suicide move for him.

And that's why I rarely ever use that move. lol

Evil eye

Noob
Sorry if this has been asked already. Does anybody know the trick to get Jacqui’s leg day brutality to work? Requirements are to hit 4 spike knees from the clinch during the match with the final hit coming from lethal clinch. (Df3,4)

Blakexton

Shinnuk
Sorry if this has been asked already. Does anybody know the trick to get Jacqui’s leg day brutality to work? Requirements are to hit 4 spike knees from the clinch during the match with the final hit coming from lethal clinch. (Df3,4)
I came here to ask this, I cannot get it to come. Tried doing 4 knees as the last hit too but still nothing.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Probably because its pretty situational as a punish since it has no range (not that it should have).
Lots of -1234 moves cannot be punished by it because of its range, even after dashing in
That’s what labbing is about. Typically reading the range at which 33 will actually hit is something I can eyeball, but I also will straight up lab against a character and test which specials and notable strings of theirs that I can reliably punish with it. More than you probably think. Considering how massive the reward is, it’s important to test stuff like this IMO.

I got matched against another Jacqui player in ranked a few days ago. He tried to use 33 in neutral to fish for a counter hit. I blocked the first hit, the second hit, despite being a mid, whiffed completely.

Let's just say it was a suicide move for him.

And that's why I rarely ever use that move. lol
That doesn’t really make sense though. Seeing someone misusing a tool should not be a deterrent. 33 is not for fishing, it’s something you want to use when you know it will actually punish.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Yes but what doesn’t make sense is why you rarely use it when there are plenty of opportunities to use it as a punish once you feel out the cast and their punishable ranges.

It’s a waste of a ridiculous tool.

These are unoptimized but the point is that this move is worth investing in

A hypothetical scenario, punishing Inifinite Wardens high risk high reward 50/50(he goes OH he gets a big damage KB, he goes low he gets a knockabke in favorable oki positioning or if you pressed a button the low KBs)
(Of course you can squeeze more knee in there to get it closer to 60%)

A hypothetical scenario, an advancing move that is normally safe but by simply making a read or reacting if you have the talent, you take advantage of her walk speed to get just out of range and instantly punish the forced whiff:

These are both scenarios that if you were fighting Geras you would more than likely get an opportunity to encounter in a match, and of course there are plenty of other things he does that put him in position to be punished.

Just like everyone else, there isn’t a character in the game that lacks a commonly used move or tactic that isn’t punishable enough to eat a 33 or dash xx 33.

Last edited:

Blakexton

Shinnuk
Finally got this to work.

During the match do 4 knees during the clinch. Then finish the game with clinch and 4 knees. You have to hit the 4 knees at the end.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
So, uh... Who are you guys playing after NRS inevitably nerfs her to the ground next patch?

God, I had so much fun with Jacqui :(