What's new

Jacqui Briggs General Discussion

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Just a place for everyone to discuss general thoughts and information about her, impressions, ideas, etc.

Personally I’m amazed at how they managed to make her so entirely different whilst still feeling the same as she used to(unless you were a full-auto zoner, RIP), in all the right ways.

I’m having a great time playing her again, and I’m glad they made the divisive decision to bring her back and polish her a lot more.

P.S. don’t forget to do her tutorial, you get one of her best skins for completing it ;)

Last edited:
Is anyone else having issues with getting all 4 hits of her grease kicks into the amplify launcher?

EDIT: Nvm, found out you can hold the button. lol

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Is anyone else having issues with getting all 4 hits of her grease kicks into the amplify launcher?
Grease kick is actuallly 5 hits before the last kick, you hold it down and if you press the amplify button at any point during it she’s do the pop up whenever you either let go or when it finishes naturally

r3n89

Noob
Hi everyone. Any idea on how to do the leg break throw counter? I always get the armbar and feel like I've tried every button combination and then some

Sonho

POTH makes me question my sexuallity
I'm still sad that her clench is not a true cmd grab, it would make her F31 cancles so much more fun to do =/

Hi everyone. Any idea on how to do the leg break throw counter? I always get the armbar and feel like I've tried every button combination and then some
You press 3 or 4 during amplify animation. Remember that this can be teched by opponent by pressing the respective button (1 or 2 for Arm Break, 3 or 4 for Leg Break).

Sonho

I gotta ask, how do you guys keep preasure up? Once i get in after getting zoned for 50sec and having 20% hp left, i'm having a huge issue opening people up. With no OH and people teching throws i'm not even sure what to do >_<

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I gotta ask, how do you guys keep preasure up? Once i get in after getting zoned for 50sec and having 20% hp left, i'm having a huge issue opening people up. With no OH and people teching throws i'm not even sure what to do >_<
She has an overhead actually, b1 is an overhead with good range(can hit from round start actually) but a bit of a start up.

Her shorthop overhead (tap up then press 2) is actually really nice, it’s 9 frames which is more than good enough for a character with a lot of low attack conditioning. It also gives a hard knockdown, where you can move forward on the opponent before they can fully recover.

As for the other thing:
Once you get in, assuming you’re using the first variation(can’t see why not) you need to work in your feints. The feints are meterless and have no risk, Just makes sure what you follow up with is varried so they can’t adequately respond. Low pokes, sage strings, another feint string, feint b4, and even throws are all valid options. Just don’t get predictable.

Zoning will become easier to deal with once you start to feel out the unsafety on certain projectiles, once you do you’ll know when to hit’em with the ol’ dash punch. It knocks them away, but you check them with it a few times and they won’t be tossing shit out as reckless, giving you more freedom to approach via their caution.

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
^^I agree with the post above! her feints is her BnB into mixing your opponent into a blender of BS, her b1 into machine kicks is also nice when you condition them to blocking your overhead. I feel that her dash is a bit horrible but yet we can cancel it with f3, 1 cancel.

Sonho

She has an overhead actually, b1 is an overhead with good range(can hit from round start actually) but a bit of a start up.
My bad, i ment OH starter. I know about her normal OH. Might just be that the character is not for me and i'll have to find another one, who knows ^^

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I haven't gotten a chance to play her yet, but I get the feeling her offense is less about Overhead/Low mixup and more about pressure/throw/frame trap offense.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
I was checking out Jacqui's Next Gen Variation and i was wondering is it a bug that Jacqui's DOT becomes shit when you connect a DF1 on opponent compared to if lands on the ground?

So i've found that her dash punch jails from a few strings...
meaning if they block the string they cannot neutral duck the dash punch if you cancel into it

f31 xx dash punch jails

112 xx dash punch jails

22 xx dash punch jails

b32 xx dash punch jails

f44 xx dash punch jails

however...

f12 xx dash punch does not jail

b21 xx dash punch does not jail

About her bubble shield.

There does not seem to be anyway to cancel into it safely on block.

Even if your cancel into it after a string hits she can still be punished.

f21 xx bubble is punishable ON HIT!

Its kind of ass.

Her downward plasma projectile is also buns. Anyway string canceled into it on block is punishable.

Any string that leaves the opponent standing on hit that you cancel into it also leaves her punishable.

It seems that the only good time to use these moves is when ending a juggle combo.

F44 xx up plasma seems to knocks them back to the perfect distance for them to wake up into the puddle on hit. But on block your punishable so you have to hit confirm.

The air plasma shot seems to only be good for maybe going over projectiles?? Over all that variation is kind of doo doo.