What's new

Jacqui Briggs General Discussion

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Despite the way it sounds it's just a double tap. You JF the second 2. Muay Thai Shoruken.
What does JF stand for?

I have a very hard time getting that move out consistently and are actually thinking about dropping Jacqui because of that, she needs that move and without it I disadvantage myself

Any help is very appreciated

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
What does JF stand for?

I have a very hard time getting that move out consistently and are actually thinking about dropping Jacqui because of that, she needs that move and without it I disadvantage myself

Any help is very appreciated
It's a just frame. Meaning the second input must be completed during a precise window of the first's animation. I dont have the tools to tell you what the frame window is on f2,2 but it's pretty quick. If you're on a stick or box you could try double tapping the input, if you're on a pad I dunno. Theres really no way I can help you without being there in person and teaching you how to do it.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
It's a just frame. Meaning the second input must be completed during a precise window of the first's animation. I dont have the tools to tell you what the frame window is on f2,2 but it's pretty quick. If you're on a stick or box you could try double tapping the input, if you're on a pad I dunno. Theres really no way I can help you without being there in person and teaching you how to do it.
No probs, thanks for replying

I‘m on pad and my thumb is not fast enough lol. If I hold the pad different and use another finger no problem. Maybe I‘m too old for it hahahaha

Simba

Noob
Today was the first day I started to have any legit doubts about this character. It could've just been a bad day for me playing. I'll keep pushing forward with her though because I feel like it's still me not being as knowledgeable and she's hard enough to play already without getting gimmicked so to speak. Back to the lab i guess.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
No probs, thanks for replying

I‘m on pad and my thumb is not fast enough lol. If I hold the pad different and use another finger no problem. Maybe I‘m too old for it hahahaha
I can do it pretty well but I have the same problem my thumb is not fast enough consistently, I am old balls though.

You guys, wanted to ask, how do you hit 3 knees before a follow up in the 1r ko variation? I saw that Sonic did it couple of times in this match below, but I cannot replicate it. The opponent gets off after the 3rd knee and cannot do any other follow up. You can see it in the video between 0:25-0:30 second. He is doing 444 2

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
You guys, wanted to ask, how do you hit 3 knees before a follow up in the 1r ko variation? I saw that Sonic did it couple of times in this match below, but I cannot replicate it. The opponent gets off after the 3rd knee and cannot do any other follow up. You can see it in the video between 0:25-0:30 second. He is doing 444 2
All to do with timing. If you hit the first knee the moment Jacqui finishes her hold animation, and then time each knee the moment her leg touches the ground (a bit of a rhythm to it) you can get 3 knees into the ender

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I just can't get throw techs down. It feels so useless having that counter move in the variation only to never use it. Do most people forward throw and I just guess wrong every time?

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
Today was the first day I started to have any legit doubts about this character. It could've just been a bad day for me playing. I'll keep pushing forward with her though because I feel like it's still me not being as knowledgeable and she's hard enough to play already without getting gimmicked so to speak. Back to the lab i guess.
I'm coming to this conclusion too. Her whole thing is this supposedly amazing pressure game, but she has nearly no way to apply it, and even when she gets it going the options to escape it are many. Example: Her pressure is not THAT MUCH better than say Liu Kang, but he also has high, low, and air fireball, full screen flying kick, extendable bicycle kick, and over ease of play. Jacqui feels outclassed to me by a lot of things and I think I am on to greener pastures. I'm sad, but she can't hang with certain match ups if the opponent is smart.

Simba

Noob
I'm not to the point of dropping her and probably won't be ever tbh. She's my favorite character in this game and I think she's pretty good. Her pressure is good and while similar I think it's just not as straight forward as someone like Liu whose whole offensive structure is mainly based around one string and the mind games behind it. It's odd that she is the only character without any full screen option but her archetype is a brawler so i get it. She legit can just take rounds once you're in and ride the momentum because of her pressure/damage. I have small gripes about her but I'm learning and getting better each time I play as I understand her limitations more and accept them instead of complaining. She has bad matchups but that's to be expected like basically every other character.

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
I played her a little. I can agree with her not having ways to open people up. Guess she has to do it the old fashioned way with short hops.

More importantly i miss the old voice actress for jacqui :(. This one is good too, i like the way she says, "what a Charlie foxtrot." But she seems to lack the sass of the mkx jacqui.
"Awwwwww daaaamn"
"Next time, Id block"
"Didnt see that coming"
"Say my name, BITCH!"
"Bitch, please!"

While im on the topic... characters just overall speak less during kombat and it makes me sad :/. I love hearing little things like that... but the same few and far between. Lol i miss cassie too but i kinda like the new cassie...just wish she spoke more.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If you’re having trouble opening people up as jacqui, you need to vary your stagger and throw game more.

She has the best stagger game of any character in MK11. Her block pressure is really good. She has a 3 hit string that hits mid for all parts, is completely safe on block and can be feint cancelled in the middle. She has b32, b34, f1 and f12.

Throws are a literal 50/50 in this game and even though she doesn’t get a missed tech krushing blow, hers are very strong when combined with her stagger game that makes them want to continuously block.

Some recent tournament in Florida, where HappyPow was killing every contestant with his Jacqui. Worth checking to see some nice conversions and pressure-building. There were known players there as well (Slayer, Biohazard).

Simba

Noob
So what are some general gameplay things that other Jacqui players are struggling with? Maybe others in here already have the answer and we can help each other overcome what seem to be some hurdles with this character.

For me the main things I struggle with are characters who command neutral against her not even with zoning because I can deal with that, but those who have yolo moves in addition to disjointed hitboxes on their normals. I've tried whiff punishing the disjoints with dash punch to some success but still get bopped time to time.

Angled down air projectiles like Kabal air saw, Jade air glaive, and Sub ice axe. These take up a good space on the screen and she just kind of has to hold them. This leads into my next thing which is her anti airs. Characters like Kabal and Sub who have these air options also have good jump normals like Kabal J2/J3 and Sub J3. I've been anti airing jump ins in general more with S1 to some success but it still loses to jump kicks in situations where you're actually reacting to a jump. I think her F2,2 is her best anti air by far but it's 12F startup and doing a just frame input on actual reaction leaves me getting stuffed from it. Great when using it against obvious jumps though. Her D2 leaves a lot to be desired. The range upward and horizontally isn't that great. Cross ups have also been problematic, but I saw a tweet about quickly neutral ducking on cross ups to turn your character model quicker and S1/D1 so I'll be labbing that later. What about you guys?

Found a way to get three KB's in a single kombo using a tournament variation (1st Round KO). It's super unoptimal (you get way more damage just with two even) because to get the 3rd KB there needs to be not that much gravity scaling applied due to hit count because dash punch needs to hit on the last active frame to mimic "max distance". Hence the opponent needs to still "fall into it" at the later frames.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So what are some general gameplay things that other Jacqui players are struggling with? Maybe others in here already have the answer and we can help each other overcome what seem to be some hurdles with this character.

For me the main things I struggle with are characters who command neutral against her not even with zoning because I can deal with that, but those who have yolo moves in addition to disjointed hitboxes on their normals. I've tried whiff punishing the disjoints with dash punch to some success but still get bopped time to time.

Angled down air projectiles like Kabal air saw, Jade air glaive, and Sub ice axe. These take up a good space on the screen and she just kind of has to hold them. This leads into my next thing which is her anti airs. Characters like Kabal and Sub who have these air options also have good jump normals like Kabal J2/J3 and Sub J3. I've been anti airing jump ins in general more with S1 to some success but it still loses to jump kicks in situations where you're actually reacting to a jump. I think her F2,2 is her best anti air by far but it's 12F startup and doing a just frame input on actual reaction leaves me getting stuffed from it. Great when using it against obvious jumps though. Her D2 leaves a lot to be desired. The range upward and horizontally isn't that great. Cross ups have also been problematic, but I saw a tweet about quickly neutral ducking on cross ups to turn your character model quicker and S1/D1 so I'll be labbing that later. What about you guys?
The range on dash punch is surprisingly far, so my strategy with stuff like Kabal’s air saw is to try to move forward just before he does it, and bait him into that range where I can dash punch after.

Patience is key, and so is knowing your ranges. It’s often best to be just outside of a jump in rather than trying to contest it, or just block and wait your turn. Making a read on what they do after, etc. F31 is great for trip guarding.

Jump kicks seem to be a problem for almost everyone, so I think it’s just the meta and not anything super specific to Jacqui’s normals.

Last edited: