What's new

Jacqui Briggs General Discussion

Simba

Noob
Lol top 5 or top 10, so arbitrary. She is as good as the best characters currently. Stop it with the numbers.

She is the most beast character up close and is fun to play. Her crushes are very easy to set up. She has a safe on block dash attack that is very unique. It being a high is irrelevant when at higher levels you are jockeying for space so much. And she has a lunging string to threaten the same distance so people won't just neutral duck all the time.

She is extremely strong and it's ok. Just stop downplaying her up close dominance. She has several -2 staggers and excellent walk speed. Frame to frame none of the top tiers that you guys list have anything like hers. Her damage efficiency is above average as well and unlike Sonya up close she is very safe.
I mean arbitrary or not it's just my opinion on where she stands. Never said she couldn't compete with those chars I just personally think that they are better. Dash punch being high (as it should be) actually means something in this game since D2 krushing blows are a thing, and yeah in conjunction with B2 its two good tools to help her in midrange along with her forward walk speed. Again, nobody has downplayed the strength of this character at all but people seem to think we are. The whole thread echoes all of the strengths she has that you listed especially her up close game that we're supposedly downplaying which revolves around staggers using her good frames and conditioning.

Again personal opinion but I think Sonya is better due to her offense revolving around a legit mix that you have to just guess. One option is punishable but the other is safe and pseudo hit confirmable. Add to that the best projectile in the game with onion rings and the turret drop zoning, great wavedash, damage, etc. Her presence everywhere on the screen means imo she gets her game off a bit easier than Jacqui. Which is exactly what I said about the chars I listed: they also have dirt and good stuff about them but either they control the match against a majority of the cast or their access to getting their dirt started is a bit easier. Just to reiterate my thoughts Jacqui: sheis a very good character who is more than viable and sits comfortably in the higher portion of the cast. Not trying to come off as if I feel otherwise.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
So, uh... Who are you guys playing after NRS inevitably nerfs her to the ground next patch?

God, I had so much fun with Jacqui :(
Is there any official information that she gets nerfed next patch?

She is good, no doubt, but nerfworthy? They nerfed her on day 1 already (she had ridiculous damage).

Not going to drop her, I play her because she is the most fun for me.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
It’s funny, I thought I’d hardly use her grapple break amplify but I actually use it a lot

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
She is fun to us. Remember to use her staggers and frame traps. OH and lows don't mean a character is bad. Play her like a bully and utilize throws in a mix.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Is there any official information that she gets nerfed next patch?
Officially? No. But Fox did win Summit using Jacqui, and we all know how the NRS cops roll when something like that happens.

Brace yourselves, everyone

HapHaxion

"Knowledge" - Taio Cruz
Who does everyone think Jacqui excels against (either characteristics or specific characters) and does poorly against so far? It's about a month in and I wanna gauge opinion

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Who does everyone think Jacqui excels against (either characteristics or specific characters) and does poorly against so far? It's about a month in and I wanna gauge opinion
Ok. My favorite part of Jacqui is her ability to make people afraid to press a button. Between staggers, the cancels, the little walkbacks, etc, you can really put people in a mini-blender up close if you're actually thinking about each button you press. It's constant mini-mindgames.

I love making people afraid to wake up, because you can easily full combo them at low risk to Jacqui from just outside that range. And then when they're afraid to wake up, you go in and do Jacqui things.

I like the mind game around the plus frames on her b34, vs. b32 if they try to interupt the high.

She has a good jump-in and she's very useful for players who are fundamentally solid on their anti-airs due to a good standing 1 and d3, etc.

Her b2 allows you to keep people honest even just outside of normal footsie range.

Her weaknesses:
She can't punish from range as well as some characters can (Geras/Noob/Cetrion/Liu Kang). It's pretty much dash punch if timed correctly, which is risky at some ranges depending on how other characters recover. Not the end of the world, but you have to be extremely patient against characters that have strings or moves that end by spacing you out to distance, since you also don't have zoning tools in 1st Round KO.

She cannot counter-zone. This is tricky in certain matchups as it allows your opponent to dictate the pace. (Example, against Sonya). I'm working on getting better at dealing with zoning that has pushback (like Cetrion), but it really forces you to make all the right reads.

Her Next Gen variation trades both her decent BnB damage and her feints/cancels for a DOT+fairly slow projectile. That's not enough to make up for it in my opinion. But it's hard to complain much, since her other variation is so good.

Last edited:

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Officially? No. But Fox did win Summit using Jacqui, and we all know how the NRS cops roll when something like that happens.

Brace yourselves, everyone
Yea sorry but no. Just because SonicFox uses her it doesn´t mean that she will get nerfed

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Jacqui is great, but I have trouble against lesser characters like Jade or Kitana who have both decent zoning and keep away tools. The hardest part with her is when you play a really good defensive-player with long pokes like Sub Zero.

Most of the cast though Jacqui smashes with eases if you're any good.

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
i have tremendous problems against this character. like when can i stop blocking? even when i manage to D1 her it seems that it's always her turn afterwards?! any tips?

HapHaxion

"Knowledge" - Taio Cruz
Jacqui is great, but I have trouble against lesser characters like Jade or Kitana who have both decent zoning and keep away tools. The hardest part with her is when you play a really good defensive-player with long pokes like Sub Zero.

Most of the cast though Jacqui smashes with eases if you're any good.
How do you think she does against more mid-range characters like Skarlet or characters who are sort of all-around like Kabal? Also, do you think Raiden gives Jacqui the same issues as everyone you mentioned?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
i have tremendous problems against this character. like when can i stop blocking? even when i manage to D1 her it seems that it's always her turn afterwards?! any tips?
Her pressure ends when she completes a string. If you d1 her you’re at advantage, so you’re probably just not acting fast enough.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
you can tech it? :DOGE I only played her like 3 games but nobody tech'd the reversal throw
Yes. You can tech the reversal throw.

1 or 2 techs arm break, 3 or 4 techs leg break. The window is pretty forgiving too. You should never get hit by the Krushing Blow because you can repeatedly tech the arm break (or leg break if you’ve been hit with the arm break).

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Sonic Fox just showed Erron Black kills Jacqui....not the best Jacqui, BUT his techs were on point...no d1 needed...think Ill take this route.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Sonic Fox just showed Erron Black kills Jacqui....not the best Jacqui, BUT his techs were on point...no d1 needed...think Ill take this route.
I don’t think the Erron matchup is that bad for her tbh. Pretty sure sonicfox would’ve won regardless of who he chose.