What's new

Jacqui Briggs General Discussion

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I don’t think the Erron matchup is that bad for her tbh. Pretty sure sonicfox would’ve won regardless of who he chose.
It’s a mixture of 1. Sonic is really good, 2. Erron is stupid right now but we all know that, 3. Jacqui is one of Sonic’s “mains” as much he can even have those, so he actually knows her inside and out pretty well.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Yknow what? nvm jst ignore me...Im still learning a lot abt MK11...Jacqui is good, cant complain...Just gonna play and not cry bc mk11 is preatty sweet! THANKS TYM!

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
Because she cancel or end block strings with sp moves, just like everyone else, so if she cancels, cant she blow up a d1 with a leg grab?
exactly. you never know when to stop blocking it's insane. i'd rather fight against 50/50 characters than jacqui. once you let go of block it's leg grab or you eat 30% damage. nevermind best game plan against her is probably to zone her out. i'm getting better against her with thin ice Sub.

Hey y'all, I dont know if this is discovered or not, but since 224 is low key special cancelable, you can do 224db1 and its essentially a frame trap. This is because 224 looks like it completely recovers before the special cancel db1 comes out so the opponent will think they can press a button afterwards. They cant though, there is virtually no gab between 224 and db1 weirdly enough. The best you can do is sneak a d1 in if youre frame perfect and have a fast one, but good luck with that I can hardly do it in practice mode lmao. So, knowing this, you can condition people into letting you keep your turn after 224 as if it were plus. I've had a lot of success with this online already. Remember db1 is technically punishable on block tho so this boils down to the opponent having to make a hard read on you after 224, and you always have the amplified version to further the conditioning. oh sidenote, the spacing of 224 makes amplified db1 virtually safe if they dont duck the second hit, and there IS a gap between 224 and db1 if the first hit of 224 whiffs, so only do this when 224 is done completely on block.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
224 is the cornerstone of her second variation (Yes, someone actually uses this one LOL) canceled into the energy field. It sets up her back throw's KB. You can also end in low plasma blast to put them in a sticky situation. I'm absolutely in love with her second variation. It's like a more up close, balanced version of Erron Black's acid shenanigans

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
224 is the cornerstone of her second variation (Yes, someone actually uses this one LOL) canceled into the energy field. It sets up her back throw's KB. You can also end in low plasma blast to put them in a sticky situation. I'm absolutely in love with her second variation. It's like a more up close, balanced version of Erron Black's acid shenanigans
I really like the plasma grenades, but I wish they’d given her bionic Bounce and amplified air shot instead of tech dome and that piece of shit useless divebomb.

She could’ve been a really exciting burst damage character with cool setups and a threatening midscreen game; instead of the low tier mess she is in this variation.

What combos are you using? I’ve just updated the combo thread with Next Gen because I’ve been exploring it further. Interested to hear your take.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
I really like the plasma grenades, but I wish they’d given her bionic Bounce and amplified air shot instead of tech dome and that piece of shit useless divebomb.

She could’ve been a really exciting burst damage character with cool setups and a threatening midscreen game; instead of the low tier mess she is in this variation.

What combos are you using? I’ve just updated the combo thread with Next Gen because I’ve been exploring it further. Interested to hear your take.
Honestly it's pretty much the same, just without clinch. I think fundamentally Jacqui is still a good character, I just wish you could cancel into low plasma on hit without being punishable. Midscreen I like to just do f31 into ex launcher and from here you can essentially throw in some different options:

First off, the ex plasma can actually spawn to stacking plasma fields. So, with proper positioning the opponent can take 20.00 damage (2 x 10.00) with each tick. This is especially true if you do f31 EX launcher into f12 ex low plasma. It's two bars I know, but it's a safe way to set up double dot midscreen. Also, if they jump back on wake up, you can just react to it with a dash punch and it will trigger the KB - it's the perfect distance.

I've tested against Baraka, and I can fairly consistently do f31 into launcher and end with 112 into up plasma (the third hit will whiff or maybe I'm just trash). Anyway it pushes them far enough for the plasma to catch them, and we have enough advantage to go back so that Baraka cannot walk backwards due to the screen limit being reached - so he has to move forward. It's something at least LOL

Also, if you end in f44 up plasma it will land right at their position before they can wake up and block - and this is midscreen.

In the corner my bnb is just f31 Launcher, f22, f22, 224 low plasma or Tech Dome depending on setup. Tech Dome leaves you at a disadvantage so be aware of the fact that you essentially give up your turn. However, I catch people with a back throw after energy field all the time, which effectively gives us a quick 58% from only spending one bar. You're still at advantage with low plasma ender though.

It would be neat if 224 into Tech Dome was still slightly plus since she only has the kb on back throw (therefore it's sort of predictable what she decides to do) - IDK. Also, I wish ending corner juggles in up plasma didnt scale the DOT on it. A single up plasma on hit deals 0.28 per tic. If you do f31 into launcher, f22, f22 44 upplasma it doesnt even deal damage over time afterwards.

I like the idea of having space control through area denial rather than traditional zoning per se. It also forces people out of their usual movement patterns since they have to consider the plasma fields all the time. I cant count how many games I've won just by doing low plasma in the corner followed by d2's over and over again every time they jump LOL

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Honestly it's pretty much the same, just without clinch. I think fundamentally Jacqui is still a good character, I just wish you could cancel into low plasma on hit without being punishable. Midscreen I like to just do f31 into ex launcher and from here you can essentially throw in some different options:

First off, the ex plasma can actually spawn to stacking plasma fields. So, with proper positioning the opponent can take 20.00 damage (2 x 10.00) with each tick. This is especially true if you do f31 EX launcher into f12 ex low plasma. It's two bars I know, but it's a safe way to set up double dot midscreen. Also, if they jump back on wake up, you can just react to it with a dash punch and it will trigger the KB - it's the perfect distance.

I've tested against Baraka, and I can fairly consistently do f31 into launcher and end with 112 into up plasma (the third hit will whiff or maybe I'm just trash). Anyway it pushes them far enough for the plasma to catch them, and we have enough advantage to go back so that Baraka cannot walk backwards due to the screen limit being reached - so he has to move forward. It's something at least LOL

Also, if you end in f44 up plasma it will land right at their position before they can wake up and block - and this is midscreen.

In the corner my bnb is just f31 Launcher, f22, f22, 224 low plasma or Tech Dome depending on setup. Tech Dome leaves you at a disadvantage so be aware of the fact that you essentially give up your turn. However, I catch people with a back throw after energy field all the time, which effectively gives us a quick 58% from only spending one bar. You're still at advantage with low plasma ender though.

It would be neat if 224 into Tech Dome was still slightly plus since she only has the kb on back throw (therefore it's sort of predictable what she decides to do) - IDK. Also, I wish ending corner juggles in up plasma didnt scale the DOT on it. A single up plasma on hit deals 0.28 per tic. If you do f31 into launcher, f22, f22 44 upplasma it doesnt even deal damage over time afterwards.

I like the idea of having space control through area denial rather than traditional zoning per se. It also forces people out of their usual movement patterns since they have to consider the plasma fields all the time. I cant count how many games I've won just by doing low plasma in the corner followed by d2's over and over again every time they jump LOL
Midscreen I prefer

starter~db4(amp), f22, f22, 22~db1

Leaves you at advantage at perfect f3 meaty distance with them stuck in a plasma puddle on wakeup.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'm absolutely in love with her second variation.

I really like it as well. It's got a nice simple game plan of using the plasma to slowly push/walk the opponent into the corner, and then pressure them until they get desperate.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Jacqui has a custom variation that is actually pretty crazy and really fun with the bs it can pull off. Grenade launcher, enhanced air blast (which becomes enhanced air grenade), and bionic bounce. For all of you who play online with custom abilities, you should really try it. The key is cancelling strings into bounce and then cancel the bounce into an enhanced air grenade. This all combos together and jails off of quite a few things while frame trapping on almost everything else. It also loops into itself so the damage is just stupid while also being unbreakable. You get 400+ off any touch with no kb or fatal blow if you cash out 2 bars or mid 300's or so for 1 bar. You can sacrifice a small chunk of damage to set up her DoT as well. She gets access to a mid projectile that becomes a DoT when it misses so her neutral is way better and then you factor in the full screen jumps and it's just ridiculous. It's possibly even better than tourney Jacqui.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Jacqui has a custom variation that is actually pretty crazy and really fun with the bs it can pull off. Grenade launcher, enhanced air blast (which becomes enhanced air grenade), and bionic bounce. For all of you who play online with custom abilities, you should really try it. The key is cancelling strings into bounce and then cancel the bounce into an enhanced air grenade. This all combos together and jails off of quite a few things while frame trapping on almost everything else. It also loops into itself so the damage is just stupid while also being unbreakable. You get 400+ off any touch with no kb or fatal blow if you cash out 2 bars or mid 300's or so for 1 bar. You can sacrifice a small chunk of damage to set up her DoT as well. She gets access to a mid projectile that becomes a DoT when it misses so her neutral is way better and then you factor in the full screen jumps and it's just ridiculous. It's possibly even better than tourney Jacqui.
Have you looked at the custom variation thread?

Hey Jacqui mains, How to you guys deal with all the Jacqui hate? I know some of you probably get hate mail after a match because of her hatedom and the fact that she’s in the tiers. This girl can't catch any beak its sad imo. I wonder is it the same for Dvorah since she's also hated at well. I dislike some characters in the game too but don't I hate them. I think fictional character hatred is silly and toxic.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Hey Jacqui mains, How to you guys deal with all the Jacqui hate? I know some of you probably get hate mail after a match because of her hatedom and the fact that she’s in the tiers. This girl can't catch any beak its sad imo. I wonder is it the same for Dvorah since she's also hated at well. I dislike some characters in the game too but don't I hate them. I think fictional character hatred is silly and toxic.
For me Jacqui and raiden are probably the 2 least played characters on PC, I wish I could play her more I think the mirror is fun even though i use the other variation. The only mail I get is gg's lets play more soon and a friend request again this is on PC people seem more chill and genuinely want to get better and learn.

For me Jacqui and raiden are probably the 2 least played characters on PC, I wish I could play her more I think the mirror is fun even though i use the other variation. The only mail I get is gg's lets play more soon and a friend request again this is on PC people seem more chill and genuinely want to get better and learn.
Thanks for the feedback its well appreciated and it nice to hear the the PC community is a bit chilled and yes her Next Gen Variation is very underrated. I hardly see it used at tournaments.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Why the EFF is her high dash punch catching me neutral ducking at the end of a combo? This explains so much and yet it adds more questions to the situation.
I block her four or five straight mids, read the high flying punch, drop my guard try D2 KB that mess, and get popped every time.
Why is this happening if it's a high? Does she have special highs? Am I going crazy? lol

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Why the EFF is her high dash punch catching me neutral ducking at the end of a combo? This explains so much and yet it adds more questions to the situation.
I block her four or five straight mids, read the high flying punch, drop my guard try D2 KB that mess, and get popped every time.
Why is this happening if it's a high? Does she have special highs? Am I going crazy? lol
You have to duck without blocking, and she has strings that jail into it, but other than that, idk what you might be doing wrong.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
You have to duck without blocking, and she has strings that jail into it, but other than that, idk what you might be doing wrong.
I set the training mode Jacqui to record to do F31*BF2. If you low block the two mids, then release block the high flying jump still lands.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator