What's new

Jacqui Briggs General Discussion

Simba

Noob
After reading that I went to lab vs wake up attacks too and reversal grease kicks or 112 punish Kitana's U3. Also if you're not confident in the tight punish you can reversal clinch to punish those you listed as well.

FreshPrinceOfPine

You think you're bad?
I cant believe this game actually made me like Jacqui. I HATED her in mkx. Her design was so unbearable dull and uninspired that I was apart of the mk11 Jacqui hate train when she was revealed. But when they showed off her MMA/Muay thai moveset, my disdain kinda died down since I practice muay thai irl, I always try to play characters with those moves (Sagat in SF, kano in mkx). And I hate that i'll falling in love with the character bc I'm stubborn and hate being proved wrong. Nonetheless, I need that wakanda looking skin

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
I cant believe this game actually made me like Jacqui. I HATED her in mkx. Her design was so unbearable dull and uninspired that I was apart of the mk11 Jacqui hate train when she was revealed. But when they showed off her MMA/Muay thai moveset, my disdain kinda died down since I practice muay thai irl, I always try to play characters with those moves (Sagat in SF, kano in mkx). And I hate that i'll falling in love with the character bc I'm stubborn and hate being proved wrong. Nonetheless, I need that wakanda looking skin
I've got four of the wakanda looking skins and I can attest to what you're saying. I hated her in X too, before MK11 even launched I spotted a leak of her three long hair outfits and... God damn. Seeing them in the character select screen is one thing, but this?...
When you actually see it in-game may be the most badass outfit in MK history. It makes her look like an actual tech enhanced muay thai fighter and I LIVE for it. I will never main anyone else in the game. Not to mention her combos and feints feel OUTSTANDING she flows so hard in this game.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
I can beat or at least compete with most N-S now, but major problems vs Cetrion. She has a passive teleport so she just far aways and swaps sides at will, what can be done about this?

Past19

Noob
You wouldn't last five seconds against me irl :)

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I got me a couple of questions here. Firstly, How do y'all handle zoners or players who outrange you? Secondly. How the heck do you whiff punish with 33? Seems impossible to me. And finally. Does she have any notable gaps? Seems like she doesn't but I feel like I'm wrong on that one.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
I got me a couple of questions here. Firstly, How do y'all handle zoners or players who outrange you? Secondly. How the heck do you whiff punish with 33? Seems impossible to me. And finally. Does she have any notable gaps? Seems like she doesn't but I feel like I'm wrong on that one.
Against N-S I’m having success at my level of play just mixing Superman punch and b2,2 Then applying a ton of pressure. He has a lot of start up on specials and dash punch can be timed to go through tackle.
At start of round block he has a long range mid that a lot of them like to start the round with.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Is anyone planning on messing around with some of her custom variations, just for fun? If so, would it be worth it to set up a thread just to talk about possible custom move sets, or share any custom combos?

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Is anyone planning on messing around with some of her custom variations, just for fun? If so, would it be worth it to set up a thread just to talk about possible custom move sets, or share any custom combos?
I'm not top tier competitive or anything but it seems like Clench and feint is really all she needs to rock the house. Rockets and bionic leap are the only additions I can think of that would be worth it and bionic leap is only for people trying to hard zone while rockets is more corner damage.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'm not top tier competitive or anything but it seems like Clench and feint is really all she needs to rock the house. Rockets and bionic leap are the only additions I can think of that would be worth it and bionic leap is only for people trying to hard zone while rockets is more corner damage.
That's cool. I'm just having fun trying to think up different combinations. Not necessarily most optimized, just finding different styles or ways to play. I'm kind of interested in incorporating her dive bomb and ground pound, just to add that extra air attack ability.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
I’m trying to get into Jacqui, and from the first game I knew that she might replace Jade as my current main. She’s an example of the great character design in this game.

Are you guys finding 33 KB useful?

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Can any of you share some grenade variation tech? I don't think anyone plays this variation as I can not find much.

FreshPrinceOfPine

You think you're bad?
Are you guys finding 33 KB useful?
Absolutely. That's a 350 dmg combo off an easy punish. Unfortunately I haven't found a use for 33 after using it tho. You can side switch yeah but if you're using the clinch, theres no reason not to just punish or end with a special cancellable string into clinch

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Absolutely. That's a 350 dmg combo off an easy punish. Unfortunately I haven't found a use for 33 after using it tho. You can side switch yeah but if you're using the clinch, theres no reason not to just punish or end with a special cancellable string into clinch
I just don't get it! Seems like every single time I'm in a situation where I punish, 33 just isn't in range

Gravelands

Cory, Trevor, smokes. Let's go.
What do you guys do when people just crouch block and then either low poke or uppercut?
As unhelpful as it may sound, I typically just bait a low poke and then punish with F31 and go from there. Once you've gotten them on the floor, Jacqui's pressure gets pretty wild.

cj666

Noob
anyone have any tips on succesfully juggling in the corner with 44,df1,d1,d1 112-df3 443, really struggling to catch the d1's I'll either connect on one really low or not at all been at it for a couple hours collectively now and just cant get it.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
In casual play I just swap her grab tech grab put with the knee.

The knee is a safe mid ender with a delayable amplify that catches most people on block.

Most importantly it has an easy Krushing Blow that’s just use it to end an 8 or more hit combo. Having another easy KB is just nice.