What's new

Jacqui Briggs General Discussion

I think the best thing to do with this character is use her jailing strings into dash punch. And then once the opponent gets use to that mix in some string cancels and catch them off guard with the normal grabs.

Overall though I think shes pretty weak.

No real zoning to speak off.

The range on most her normals is bad.

Her mixups aren't thats great. No command throw. No strong overhead.

All of her specials besides dash punch are unsafe.

I know its early. But its not looking too good for me with this character.

If a character doesn't have good zoning, good mix ups, or good footsies....how are supposed to win?

Past19

Noob
I think the best thing to do with this character is use her jailing strings into dash punch. And then once the opponent gets use to that mix in some string cancels and catch them off guard with the normal grabs.

If a character doesn't have good zoning, good mix ups, or good footsies....how are supposed to win?
Unfortunately losing hope in shao khan too

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
So i've found that her dash punch jails from a few strings...
meaning if they block the string they cannot neutral duck the dash punch if you cancel into it

f31 xx dash punch jails

112 xx dash punch jails

22 xx dash punch jails

b32 xx dash punch jails

f44 xx dash punch jails

however...

f12 xx dash punch does not jail

b21 xx dash punch does not jail
Dude! Thanks for this I didn’t even think to lab this sort of thing, that’s great.

About her bubble shield.

There does not seem to be anyway to cancel into it safely on block.

Even if your cancel into it after a string hits she can still be punished.

f21 xx bubble is punishable ON HIT!

Its kind of ass.
When I tried bubble in practice mode it didn’t seem to actually lower her damage recieved, does it work for you?

Simba

Noob

When you pick this character you accept the fact that you will get zoned because that's where she is weakest. Just have to be patient and work your way in. She's an offensive character that does really good damage and can confirm into a launcher or damaging ender from any string.

Her mixups aren't based around high-lows but rather conditioning and frame traps/staggers. If you look at her strings and frame data she's really safe and has no real exploitable gaps in her strings. She's meant to put you in the corner and bully. You may have to let a few strings rock or successfully stagger to condition them not to mash but if/when you do that opens up her offense to do cancels into throws/shimmy, cancels into short hop 1 which is a pretty fast overhead, and B3. I've been losing and learning as I go in the little time I've been able to playbut I've mainly been losing to unfamiliarity with strings/frame data since the game is still new.

I feel you kind of on the normals but she does have an 11F F1 that hits deceptively far away, 13F dash punch to check movement and we have a 9F advancing mid too. The biggest problem I'm having is in D1/D3/D4 wars sometimes. Not really liking her low pokes in comparison to others right now but we work with what we got. It's still early though but I think she has the tools to be good.

Sonho

POTH makes me question my sexuallity
The biggest problem I'm having is in D1/D3/D4 wars sometimes. Not really liking her low pokes in comparison to others right now but we work with what we got. It's still early though but I think she has the tools to be good.
I was just about to ask about the D1/D3/D4 spam. How do you guys deal with it?

Zoning in general is just not super great in this game so the fact she gets zoned out doesn't matter too much.

I think her float is a nice neutral tool. Jump in punches also kinda suck in this game because anti airs are quite good. Getting a full combo punish for an opponent's whiffed d2 means people actually need to let Jacqui jump in sometimes which can make up for her ass tier mid range neutral buttons.

In the closer neutral game her buttons are great. Consider the range on good fast mids like Kabal's 8 frame f4, then look at Jacquis 9 frame f3 and its no competition. Also her best mid strings are only -2/-3 on block and hit confirmable into her launcher. Her numbers are just solid.

I don't think b22 is very good though. Being -7 or even -6 is pretty bad in this game, even with the throw tech counter ability (which is great)

Dude! Thanks for this I didn’t even think to lab this sort of thing, that’s great.

When I tried bubble in practice mode it didn’t seem to actually lower her damage recieved, does it work for you?
After some testing it seems the bubble only lowers the damage on special moves. Not on normal attacks or strings.

Seems like special moves do about 30% less damage to jacqui when shes in the bubble.

So in the corner..

if you end your juggle combo with a string into low plasma, you can block any wakeup attack they might do and also throw them out of wakeup roll if you read they are going to do it, or you can meaty them as they wakeup

if you use the bubble instead, you can still block wakeup attacks but you recover too slow to be able to do anything about them rolling out of the corner.

Also using b22 in juggle combos is a super easy way to combo into her dash punch crushing blow.

J3/4 b22 xx dash punch triggers crushing blow mid screen (although jump kick combos are kind of inconsistent in this game)

also something like f31 xx kicksmb b22 xx dash punch will trigger the crushing blow midscreen for an easy 340 damage if you haven't already used the crushing blow.

Seems like if you want to make them wake up into plasma mid screen your best bet is to end juggle with f12xx low plasma.

Unfortunately it seems hard if not impossible to combo into f44 mid screen and b22 xx df2 leaves them waking up outside of the puddle.

Also I would just like to say that her dive bomb is a fucking terrible move.

Ok so if you do a end a combo with f12 xx low plasma mid screen

you can meaty them with f 4 and it will beat wake up buttons and wake up up 2.

Wigy

There it is...
Using her alongside johnny. She feels very fun and strong, one of the few characters that feels a bit more complete.

B3 staggers in the corner are lethal. B3 walk back b3 commands so much respect.

Reverse grab is just free Oki all day.

Grab in the corner you can use db1 to check wakeups as they will whiff with small walk back (mu dependent obviously)

Skarlet is an uphill struggle as she can really out neutral you and the zoning is a pain.

Using db4 ff2 b22 bf2 to get the KB from dash punch if I want to cash out.

F1 staggers also amazing. F1 grabs all day.

Her other variation seems kinda ass, like the shield is a wasted slot pretty much as they can just walk back and zone you out of df1 range. Love doing hop divebombs over kabals low blades tho lol

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
So in the corner..

if you end your juggle combo with a string into low plasma, you can block any wakeup attack they might do and also throw them out of wakeup roll if you read they are going to do it, or you can meaty them as they wakeup

if you use the bubble instead, you can still block wakeup attacks but you recover too slow to be able to do anything about them rolling out of the corner.

Also using b22 in juggle combos is a super easy way to combo into her dash punch crushing blow.

J3/4 b22 xx dash punch triggers crushing blow mid screen (although jump kick combos are kind of inconsistent in this game)

also something like f31 xx kicksmb b22 xx dash punch will trigger the crushing blow midscreen for an easy 340 damage if you haven't already used the crushing blow.
F44 in juggle combos does more damage and also leads in dash punch KB, I would say it’s the optimal option in most situations

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Is that a tight link? I go for ff2 then b2 for simplicity
Nope, it’s pretty easy, if anything you have to worry about not doing it too early, as you might make the dash punch hit too closely and not count as max range for the KB.

Is it really worth it to use the bf2 KB in those combo situations though?

Like for the f12 xx clinch 331 KB in particular she gets 45% without having to spend the second KB

I kinda prefer to fish for it in neutral

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
F12xxGreasy Kicks doesn't work.
They get pushed out of range.

Not sure how big or not big a deal this is, but it can't possibly be good.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
F12xxGreasy Kicks doesn't work.
They get pushed out of range.

Not sure how big or not big a deal this is, but it can't possibly be good.
Not a big deal at all, her best mid string in neutral is f31(which both cancels into grease kicks and is feintable) anyway IMO, f12 is just for pressure out of her feints and checking people.

On hit you can just confirm into clinch and still get decent damage and a set up for your KB for either her mid screen or corner 45-47% combos.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Not a big deal at all, her best mid string in neutral is f31(which both cancels into grease kicks and is feintable) anyway IMO, f12 is just for pressure out of her feints and checking people.

On hit you can just confirm into clinch and still get decent damage and a set up for your KB for either her mid screen or corner 45-47% combos.
All right, sweet deal :D.

I've milled through like half the roster so far, and KO Jacqui is as good as it gets so far. The tax-free 112/22 cancels are reminiscent of Killer 'Face's Berserker Stance. So crisp, so clean, so satisfying when you get the Clinch.

Hey, I’m having trouble with her Energy Overdrive (f+2,2 rapidly). I’m playing on a controller. I get it once in a while but not consistently. Any tips?

Simba

Noob
How are you guys finding the Liu Kang matchup? I've played it a few times and struggled. Want to see if anyone here has tips in the matchup that I can work on.