What's new

Combo List - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui 'Bae' Briggs Combo Science Thread

Alright, this is going to be the last time I ever reply to one of your posts. Do you know why everyone keeps arguing with you? Do you know why I called you a troll? Do you know why Storms just gave you an infraction?

Because you continue to post shit like this. Literally, every post consists of "Dont nerf Jacqui, Buff Jacqui, Nerf Kung Lao, Cassie 50/50, erron 50/50, nerf, buff, hentai pic, hentai pic, NRS, buff, nerf"

Not only are you simply annoying and toxic in these forms, you continue to derail the discussion and try to veer it towards a conversation involving other characters tools. If you have a problem with 50/50s or NRS's damn game, post in the general discussion.
Bro lets move on, I never called for a nerf or buff this time around. I said if Jacqui gets nerfed, the others have things better then her, so why would they not get nerf also?I said this because I want the game to be fair, also Saltshaker was worried Nrs may nerf Jacqui if they see how good her 50/50s. I love 50/50s, almost everyone in this game has a great 50/50s.

Last edited:
Posted this in full the Friday before the game was released. It's not meterless (requires stamina depending on range) requires hitbox adaption based on males and females, doesn't do much damage and ends as soon as you reach the corner. Worse still, it ends as soon as the opponent blocks correctly and leaves you on -frames regardless of what you go for and is punishable by some of the cast. It's a factor for using SG, but it's not something we can revolve our game around.

It's not a vortex, it's not consistent, or safe, or meterless. So play footsies pls.
That's not what Tom brady said in his video. He said you can make it safe, only Kung lao can punish it with his -4 EX spin. What are the overhead and low starters on block if unsafe?

Last edited:

Ayane

Noob
Tom brady is wrong on this one. Her low is also punishable by a Cassie db2.

Also yea I think everyone who has been playing jacqui since day 1 kind of went through the phase of "oh shit we in there" then realized it's not as great as we thought.
FA gives u more options against zoners and seems to have the most dmg overall.
HT allows for good pressure where (I think) you can do string>df2>run cancel>mixup.
And then there's shotgun with this kind of half working vortex and safe special ender db2.
I think they can all be good but FA seems to be the easiest and most consistent; which is probably why everyone gravitated towards it.

Tom brady is wrong on this one. Her low is also punishable by a Cassie db2.

Also yea I think everyone who has been playing jacqui since day 1 kind of went through the phase of "oh shit we in there" then realized it's not as great as we thought.
FA gives u more options against zoners and seems to have the most dmg overall.
HT allows for good pressure where (I think) you can do string>df2>run cancel>mixup.
And then there's shotgun with this kind of half working vortex and safe special ender db2.
I think they can all be good but FA seems to be the easiest and most consistent; which is probably why everyone gravitated towards it.
I only play Full auto, i thought her overhead was safe. I never get punished online. Is the frame data wrong? What is it on block? How many frames is Cassie's db2.

Last edited:

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
I only play Full auto, i thought her overhead was safe. I never get punished online. Is the frame data wrong? What is it on block? How many frames is Cassie's db2.
Just because you don't get punished online doesn't mean it isn't punishable. In any case, I don't think anyone means to flame you, but these threads are here to explore the character and you don't really contribute. What would help more is if you hit training mode and test what punishes what - then let us know here so we can share the wealth. I've probably put 10 hours alone into combo and neutral theory but I don't hide it, I add it here for everyone to discuss. A number of members have contributed massive amounts of time to it also and we're keeping it updated with new finds - if possible, try to use each post for something constructive (a new combo, technique or strategy). It's week two. Nobody cares about buffs, nerfs or tiers right now.

We need to be focusing on matchups right now.

Just because you don't get punished online doesn't mean it isn't punishable. In any case, I don't think anyone means to flame you, but these threads are here to explore the character and you don't really contribute. What would help more is if you hit training mode and test what punishes what - then let us know here so we can share the wealth. I've probably put 10 hours alone into combo and neutral theory but I don't hide it, I add it here for everyone to discuss. A number of members have contributed massive amounts of time to it also and we're keeping it updated with new finds - if possible, try to use each post for something constructive (a new combo, technique or strategy). It's week two. Nobody cares about buffs, nerfs or tiers right now.

We need to be focusing on matchups right now.
Thanks for the into. All the tech i use is in this thread posted my someone else. I will try to find new tech it's hard.

x MAD AXES x

Lighten up will ya!
Anyone seen this combo yet?
Haha damn you're even quicker to find it and post it than the uploader (me lol) is to post it, idk if it's the max and once you get use to the recovery of bf2 its easy.

sub bf+1 for 1% less and back to the side you were on.

after the first dust i tried bf+2 but it doesn't seem to launch and 1,1,4 falls too slow for dust to hit.

Haha damn you're even quicker to find it and post it than the uploader (me lol) is to post it, idk if it's the max and once you get use to the recovery of bf2 its easy.

after the first dust i tried bf+2 but it doesn't seem to launch and 1,1,4 falls too slow for dust to hit.
I'm sorry, i post Jacqui combos on this thread when ever i find new ones.

That pretty much is the max combo. I posted a similar combo with 121 starter in a page or two back.You should be able to squeeze in a njp after the 2nd bf2. Should be like 43%

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Nope its not consistent among males and females NOR is it consistent at different ranges. For instance, if you do the b2 on male characters at range zero, the dust will be a knock down. If you do it at range 1 or greater, it will stand. So yea....you have to weigh the pros and cons of consistent damange or a possibility of your dust not quick standing in a tourny and settling for 12% and loss of pressure.
This explains a lot. My execution is about as good as it gets so I had no idea why it wasn't consistent. That kinda sucks.

So is there a consistent meterless vortex in her SG gameplan or is the whole thing iffy?

EDIT: Justin answered, I guess not. Damn. That really, really sucks...

Can overhead be punish but a 6f move?
No, the overhead is -6. Which means that it can be punished by a 5 frame reversal special or a 4 frame normal, but there are no 4 frame normals so you don't have to worry about that.

Edit: Whoops, the low is -6. The overhead is -4 if the frame data is right, so nothing can punish it.

No, the overhead is -6. Which means that it can be punished by a 5 frame reversal special or a 4 frame normal, but there are no 4 frame normals so you don't have to worry about that.

Edit: Whoops, the low is -6. The overhead is -4 if the frame data is right, so nothing can punish it.
Could someone test this please. I'm at work.

Further optimized High Tech combos:

Midscreen
f1 df2~run 1212 bf4 [25-30%]
121 df2~run 33 bf2, run 12 bf4 [29-34%]
b33 df2~run 33 bf2, run 12 bf4 [34-36%]
f3~b4 df2~run 33 bf2, run 12 bf4 [32-35%]

Corner
121 df2~run 33 bf2, 4 bf2, 33 bf4 [34-38%]
121 df2~run 33 bf2, 4 bf2, d2, 12 bf4 [37-40%]
b33 df2~run 33 bf2, 4 bf2, 33 bf4 [39-41%]
b33 df2~run 33 bf2, 4 bf2, d2, 12 bf4 [40-44%]
f3~b4 df2~run 33 bf2, 4 bf2, 33 bf4 [38-40%]
f3~b4 df2~run 33 bf2, 4 bf2, d2, 12 bf4 [39-43%]

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Yeah, I can't find a reason to play any variation other than Full-Auto. Even its rushdown puts the others to shame.

Yeah, I can't find a reason to play any variation other than Full-Auto. Even its rushdown puts the others to shame.
I agree 100%, i want to use the other variations too, but they are so bad after you play full auto. I hope if something done about this it's done right.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Further optimized High Tech combos:

Midscreen
f1 df2~run 1212 bf4 [25-30%]
121 df2~run 33 bf2, run 12 bf4 [29-34%]
b33 df2~run 33 bf2, run 12 bf4 [34-36%]
f3~b4 df2~run 33 bf2, run 12 bf4 [32-35%]

Corner
121 df2~run 33 bf2, 4 bf2, 33 bf4 [34-38%]
121 df2~run 33 bf2, 4 bf2, d2, 12 bf4 [37-40%]
b33 df2~run 33 bf2, 4 bf2, 33 bf4 [39-41%]
b33 df2~run 33 bf2, 4 bf2, d2, 12 bf4 [40-44%]
f3~b4 df2~run 33 bf2, 4 bf2, 33 bf4 [38-40%]
f3~b4 df2~run 33 bf2, 4 bf2, d2, 12 bf4 [39-43%]
Huh? None of those midscreens work. You can't run and combo after df2.

Lodrak

Noob
Some corner combos from b2/b33 starters. Full Auto
All work on everyone except the last combo as db3 doesn't hit females off of b33.

b2 db3 21 db2 12 bf4 (corner 34% meterless)

b2 db3 4 db2 12 bf4 (corner 35% meterless)

b2 db2 1 nj1 4 bf4 (corner 34% meterless)

B33 bf2 4 bf2 4 db2 12 bf4 (corner 36% meterless)

b33 db3 nj2 33 db2 12 bf4 (corner 41% meterless)

Also a neat alternative is at the end of any of these instead of ending with 12 bf4 you can do 12 ex db3 (hold) jump over j1. Depending on how late/early you let go of the rocket you can make it an overhead to low or low to overhead, and you can land and go for b2/b33 after for even more filth.
Add to it that the jump over screws inputs so people can't armor out as easily.
Good stuff, thanks for the combos!

For the last combo, you can squeeze out 1% more by doing b33~db3, 33~db2, 1, 4~bf4 (42%). That's what I've been doing, seems pretty easy, rarely drop it even online.