What's new

Combo List - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui 'Bae' Briggs Combo Science Thread

IKizzLE

BloodHound
S4 = Standing 4. It's her 10frame knee hits mid and does the same damage as multiple 12's or the S33 ender. I use it to replace everything I can now. Also, nobody with any sense should be breaking on the last hit of a combo - and BF4 seems to lead to the optimal knockdown in most situations? For your setups, have you tried ending combos early with BF2? That seems to work best for me if I just need to buy time - they can tech but it doesn't get them so far and you usually end up with plenty of time to run a gimmick.

HT is so sick! QBRC allows for all sorts of stuff, but the thing that has me excited is that it provides her with a safer and somewhat sustainable mix-up that works way more effectively than the SG stuff. 1212~QB leaves you at +14 on hit with them standing - enough time for a free high low (and a free jump against most of the cast). If they block, you're still at plus frames - if you expect armor, you can QBRC~block...better still and it continues to work in the corner.

SG gives you 30% plus a janky reset using an unsafe low and ending your pressure on block. The fun and games end in the corner and you have to think about the opponent hitbox, stamina preservation, meter spend and all sorts.

HT gives you 20% plus a totally legit reset that's all safe and works anywhere on screen and you can forgo it for damage or a charge at absolutely any point. Further more, I genuinely think BF1 is going to become her go-to punish for most of the situations you end up with as her mids are slow and short ranged compared to most of the cast...if you block a D2 against most of the cast, it's all you're getting and it leaves you at terrible positioning in SG. In HT it usually means a free charge - and all that blocking starts to hurt real quickly!

For zoners, QBrelease/QBRC~block/QBRC~D3 deals with a ton of stuff thats just too hard to react to with DB1 alone. (DB1 is a great tool, but you have to be sure when you use it because it will lose you games when you miss it!)

Still seeing a major argument for the use of all 3 (FA just straight counters certain players/playstyles) - fighting against Sub/Kungs can be unbelievably boring without being able to circumvent clones, and punish spins for 40% in easy mode, and Shotgun dust/footsies and double lows allow you to punish mid-range BS for high damage (against the likes of Kenshi and Ermac), but we're going to see these variations as equals very soon and HT may end up being the most dangerous!
Whats the cancel advantage of df2 at the end of blocked strings?

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I think she needs buffs for High tech and Shotgun, but we will not get them.
I think her damage output is fine. Her pokes are awful though. Getting cornered by Kung Jin is the worst thing ever. His NJP's seem to beat everything.

However, I came across this tech that someone else posted which can be quite beneficial for Jacqui.

I think her damage output is fine. Her pokes are awful though. Getting cornered by Kung Jin is the worst thing ever. His NJP's seem to beat everything.

However, I came across this tech that someone else posted which can be quite beneficial for Jacqui.

Her damage is great in Full auto,but i think it's a little low for High-tech and Shotgun but that's me.

I wish they would let the game play out for a month before they start to nerf or buff. Jacqui don't need any nerfs as of yet.
I get why they did it thought i wish they didn't i use it a lot seeing as she doesn't use meter much.

Been playing my friends Quan Chi and when he Neutral jumps about 1/4 screen away very little i could do with that beastly njp of his (4 frames).. Xray does the work though... A long with a lot of time wen im getting out poked

Yo the QBRC shit is legit. Thought it'd be harder to do but with a bit of practice I can do a couple.
I just came to say this exact thing. Shit is legit as hell. I think HT might be my main. The easiest and most damaging QBRC im
S4 = Standing 4. It's her 10frame knee hits mid and does the same damage as multiple 12's or the S33 ender. I use it to replace everything I can now. Also, nobody with any sense should be breaking on the last hit of a combo - and BF4 seems to lead to the optimal knockdown in most situations? For your setups, have you tried ending combos early with BF2? That seems to work best for me if I just need to buy time - they can tech but it doesn't get them so far and you usually end up with plenty of time to run a gimmick.

HT is so sick! QBRC allows for all sorts of stuff, but the thing that has me excited is that it provides her with a safer and somewhat sustainable mix-up that works way more effectively than the SG stuff. 1212~QB leaves you at +14 on hit with them standing - enough time for a free high low (and a free jump against most of the cast). If they block, you're still at plus frames - if you expect armor, you can QBRC~block...better still and it continues to work in the corner.

SG gives you 30% plus a janky reset using an unsafe low and ending your pressure on block. The fun and games end in the corner and you have to think about the opponent hitbox, stamina preservation, meter spend and all sorts.

HT gives you 20% plus a totally legit reset that's all safe and works anywhere on screen and you can forgo it for damage or a charge at absolutely any point. Further more, I genuinely think BF1 is going to become her go-to punish for most of the situations you end up with as her mids are slow and short ranged compared to most of the cast...if you block a D2 against most of the cast, it's all you're getting and it leaves you at terrible positioning in SG. In HT it usually means a free charge - and all that blocking starts to hurt real quickly!

For zoners, QBrelease/QBRC~block/QBRC~D3 deals with a ton of stuff thats just too hard to react to with DB1 alone. (DB1 is a great tool, but you have to be sure when you use it because it will lose you games when you miss it!)

Still seeing a major argument for the use of all 3 (FA just straight counters certain players/playstyles) - fighting against Sub/Kungs can be unbelievably boring without being able to circumvent clones, and punish spins for 40% in easy mode, and Shotgun dust/footsies and double lows allow you to punish mid-range BS for high damage (against the likes of Kenshi and Ermac), but we're going to see these variations as equals very soon and HT may end up being the most dangerous!

Thank for the tech bro!!!

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I think this was in MK9 also. You can input a whole combo with a special at the end, and if you know the whole string will be blocked, you can prevent the special from coming out by pressing any direction.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
This is mostly for setups but if you've got good execution you can pretty much use qbrc for mixups as well. Need to watch your stamina but yeah.Just testing out the possibilities and you can pretty much catch them in a 50/50 with option for a throw if you really want to fuck with 'em.

Also, with QBRC you can get something like b2 xx QBRC 11/12 then something, but I've not explored much about it so this might be useless. Just wanted to say you can do it so others can judge.

It's nice to see people finally talking about HT. It was feeling like I was the only one exploring it.

Also, with QBRC you can get something like b2 xx QBRC 11/12 then something, but I've not explored much about it so this might be useless. Just wanted to say you can do it so others can judge.
Oh, good catch. You can get QBRC 12 bf4 for 22% and a hard knockdown. Much better than that bf1 ender that leaves you fullscreen.

Last edited:
It's nice to see people finally talking about HT. It was feeling like I was the only one exploring it.

Oh, good catch. You can get QBRC 12 bf4 for 22% and a hard knockdown. Much better than that bf1 ender that leaves you fullscreen.
Thats because high tech takes alot of work to get in, you have to keep at level 2 to get full damage and the damage is ok

Thats because high tech takes alot of work to get in, you have to keep at level 2 to get full damage and the damage is ok
With QBRC you can break the 40% barrier in the corner off a low. I'm doing b33 QBRC 33 bf2 NJP 33 bf4 in the lab now and that's about 40%

With QBRC you can break the 40% barrier in the corner off a low. I'm doing b33 QBRC 33 bf2 NJP 33 bf4 in the lab now and that's about 40%
33 bf2, NJP isn't consistent. From what I can tell, it may or may not work depending on your and your opponent's stance direction.

Check the combos I posted earlier. They've been working consistently for me and are at least close to optimized for damage. (Ignore the uppercut combos - they're just for fun.)
Further optimized High Tech combos:

Midscreen
f1 df2~run 1212 bf4 [25-30%]
121 df2~run 33 bf2, run 12 bf4 [29-34%]
b33 df2~run 33 bf2, run 12 bf4 [34-36%]
f3~b4 df2~run 33 bf2, run 12 bf4 [32-35%]

Corner
121 df2~run 33 bf2, 4 bf2, 33 bf4 [34-38%]
121 df2~run 33 bf2, 4 bf2, d2, 12 bf4 [37-40%]
b33 df2~run 33 bf2, 4 bf2, 33 bf4 [39-41%]
b33 df2~run 33 bf2, 4 bf2, d2, 12 bf4 [40-44%]
f3~b4 df2~run 33 bf2, 4 bf2, 33 bf4 [38-40%]
f3~b4 df2~run 33 bf2, 4 bf2, d2, 12 bf4 [39-43%]

33 bf2, NJP isn't consistent. From what I can tell, it may or may not work depending on your and your opponent's stance direction.

Check the combos I posted earlier. They've been working consistently for me and are at least close to optimized for damage. (Ignore the uppercut combos - they're just for fun.)
Damn you get 33 run cancel to 12... I'm having hell getting that consistently .. All i can get consistently is a raw bf2.

I was getting the NJP pretty consistently, you just have to do it as soon as possible, i plink 1 to 2 and generally get it.... I'll test it out more when i get a chance to play