What's new

Combo List - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui 'Bae' Briggs Combo Science Thread

Haven't tested it much, but isnt d3 ~ df2 in SG punishable by uppercut since df2 is a high?
I thought this at first too. Raw df2 is crouchable. But cancelled from d3 causes 2 wierd things to happen. If they block the d3 the df2 won't whiff even if they're crouched. (I might be missing something in the mechanics here but it's been working for me offline and online) If the d3 hits they block the df2 standing and you're +1. from there you can d1(or d1 ~ db2) and immediately counterpoke or even d3 again. If you got em shook go with b2.

SG corner game is nasty man.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
I thought this at first too. Raw df2 is crouchable. But cancelled from d3 causes 2 wierd things to happen. If they block the d3 the df2 won't whiff even if they're crouched. (I might be missing something in the mechanics here but it's been working for me offline and online) If the d3 hits they block the df2 standing and you're +1. from there you can d1(or d1 ~ db2) and immediately counterpoke or even d3 again. If you got em shook go with b2.

SG corner game is nasty man.
Can people d1 or d3 in between a blocked d3 and df2?

Can people d1 or d3 in between a blocked d3 and df2?
Not to sure. I catch people mashing all day with it though so I'm gonna assume no. I'll do more testing later. I was messing around with FA and while the damage is higher consistently the setups aren't as suffocating as SG in corner. It is really nice against people that are insistant on zoning me out however.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Not to sure. I catch people mashing all day with it though so I'm gonna assume no. I'll do more testing later. I was messing around with FA and while the damage is higher consistently the setups aren't as suffocating as SG in corner. It is really nice against people that are insistant on zoning me out however.
Yea, shotgun is my favorite variation and my go to. I pull out FA if I'm facing a heavy zoner and have problems getting in. I'm sure most jacqui tourny players will go FA since the zoning is super braindead but SG is the best variation to control the mid range footsie game and corner. Should be interesting to see how the game evolves in the coming months...I hope the meta favors SG in the future.

Yea, shotgun is my favorite variation and my go to. I pull out FA if I'm facing a heavy zoner and have problems getting in. I'm sure most jacqui tourny players will go FA since the zoning is super braindead but SG is the best variation to control the mid range footsie game and corner. Should be interesting to see how the game evolves in the coming months...I hope the meta favors SG in the future.
Bro her FA zoning is not braindead. You do have to think when playing FA. You have to wait your turn to get in. it's not as bad as it looks. Stop saying that before they nerf Jacqui. If NRS nerf Jacqui it will be unnecessary, which fits with NRS's M.O. where they do knee-jerk patches without testing to understand if the characters they nerf is really broke or if some people just don't want to learn new tech to get around this so called "broke braindead" tech.

Last edited:

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I don't think Full Auto is "braindead" at all, only if you're a braindead opponent who can't walk forward and duck her df2. She also can control spacing extremely well if you do an ex-ground rocket(hold) and bf1, or ex-ground rocket(hold) and run in. Full Auto feels like Cyrax with a machine gun and Reptile's dash.

I don't think Full Auto is "braindead" at all, only if you're a braindead opponent who can't walk forward and duck her df2. She also can control spacing extremely well if you do an ex-ground rocket(hold) and bf1, or ex-ground rocket(hold) and run in. Full Auto feels like Cyrax with a machine gun and Reptile's dash.
Yes, all you have to do is duck be patience and run in on her. Online lag can mess up your timing, but that's the trash online not JACQUI.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Hmm... curious about FA..What if you end a combo with ex-ground rocket(hold) which hits low, then release the rocket at the exact moment you do b2 for an overhead? Wonder how this will affect an opponent now since wake-up attacks don't have armor in MKX.

Bolton

Noob
I made a little Jacqui Full Auto BNB combo video for fun since i got new recording hardware. Check it out, all the notations are in the description too!

I understand part of the utility of the first combo is that it's meterless, but is a 10% increase is a good enough payoff for 1 bar?

b13 xx low rocket, RC, 1 2 xx EX UpR, RC, 4 xx bf4 -- 35% damage, 1 bar

Not sure if this is obvious or not, but EX UpR can pretty much convert into any basic move or kombo. Is there a reason, besides getting a kill, to not end any EX UpR combo with a sweep instead of the bf4? You do land right on top of them, so aren't you in a good position to apply more pressure this way? Or am I wrong in this?

Having trouble landing the 1,2 BF4 consistently after B33 low rocket RC in Full Auto. Can anyone else get it? Anyway I've been doing BF2 right after the B33 low rocket than I do RC into 1,2 BF4. It's about 1% less damage, but better corner carry.

Having trouble landing the 1,2 BF4 consistently after B33 low rocket RC in Full Auto. Can anyone else get it? Anyway I've been doing BF2 right after the B33 low rocket than I do RC into 1,2 BF4. It's about 1% less damage, but better corner carry.
You have to run longer than you think you do. Try extending your run slightly even after you catch up with them. They keep flying forward for a while so if you stop to early (even if it looks like you are right next to them) their forward momentum will put them out of s1 range

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Probably already found, but I just came up with this combo for Full Auto Jacqui and it doesn't require any run cancels.

Jip1 b14 ex db2 dash njp1 12 bf4 (35%)

Last edited:

Bolton

Noob
Has anyone looked into combos into throw, so variations besides shotgun can get standing resets?
You can throw off low rocket RC or EX up rocket RC. They get up fairly fast though. You could probably do it off a bf2 as well, but I forgot to check.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I started experimenting with Jacqui today, mainly the High Tech variation. There are a bunch of cool combos you can do using the df2~run cancel. Here are some examples.

Midscreen
121 df2~run, 1212 bf4 [25-30%]
121 df2~run, 33 bf4 [26-29%]
b33 df2~run, 33 bf4 [30-32%]
b33 df2~run, 1212 bf4 [28-32%]
33 df2~run, 1212 bf4 [30-34%]

Corner
121 df2~run, 33 bf2, 33 bf4 [32-36%]
b33 df2~run, 33 bf2, 33 bf4 [37-39%]

Corner + Lv. 2 Gauntlet Spark
121 df2~run, f2u22+4, 33 bf4 [37%]
b33 df2~run, f2u22+4, 33 bf4 [40%]

Nice find parapets! I was just say the same thing. I discovered the run combos this evening. HT variation is really strong with run cancel strings.

EDIT:

I also found a way to confirm decent corner combos for SG variation.

EX: 121 bf2, njp (tight link), d2, 12 db2~run 1212 bf4 32%.
bf1 can be used as ender if you want to place them back into corner for 31%.

This knocks them out of corner but allows her to utilize the stun.

Another way to combo in corner is go straight for shotgun stun after bounce from njp

EX: 121 bf2, njp (tight link), db2, 33 bf2, 12, 12 bf4 31%.

Last edited: