What's new

"It's True. I Turn Evil." Enchantress General Discussion

Espio

Kokomo
I haven't quite had the time till now, but I gotta chime in on the current/over the top propaganda about her.

Her footsies and normals are extremely solid and it's not just her back 2 normal either. Her low back 1 string can create excellent space if performed at the proper range to where you've got so much space that some characters can't even check you whatsoever like Cheetah or what have you. In addition to that, since it's a low it can catch people trying to walk backwards away from her and punish them which in and of itself is great movement restriction.

She has a 9 frame safe sweep, it's basically Blue Beetle's sweep with slightly less range but faster and just as safe. 6 frame down 1 to help establish a meta game and out prioritize many on the roster in poke/counter poke battles. Her forward 2,3 is amazing as well beyond the launcher qualities, it also creates a great amount of space as well.

1,2,2 is my favorite stagger string in the game because all parts are barely negative, neutral or plus in addition to the overhead properties making the opponent have to block high so they're less likely to down 1 poke you especially if you condition with the full string and

It doesn't even matter that 1,2,2 has a gap because she has 1,1,3 which launches for full combo and is gapless plus a parry that can potentially lead to some real damage.

Then there the mind games built around her 2, 1 and 2, 3 string with offensive/defensive applications.

Hexes are legit, but have the drawbacks they do because they make traditional tactics useless. You're a character that relies on specials for damage, zoning or meter build? She basically turns strong characters into weak characters while some of these hexes are active. Imagine being a zoner who can't zone her because she has her anti-special hex up. It finally goes down and she can proceed to keep reflect and keep you at bay because her normals have impressive range or Flash trying to get started without the use of his running man stance or fast advancing special to check you so you can harass him with your excellent range and your soul crush without him being able to punish as some examples.

Yes they are random, but if they weren't I feel like it might create some really twisted match ups so it's a nice, balanced trade off.

Then factor in her meter burn"soul crush" special that rejuvenates health combined with her ability to negate taking any damage with her protection spell and her life is only limited by how much meter you can build and how strategic you can play. She's actually heartier than some grapplers (I'm sure Bane is jealous) as a result of that while having excellent space control, counter zoning and defense to boot.

She has a lot of layers to her and is extremely nuanced but any character with this much going for them I find it hard to believe is "bottom tier". People should be worried about this character when people start to actually put in the proper work with her and master her intricacies.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
It has a tag on the right stating which hex. They need to increase the timer on it cause it flashes for .5 seconds.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
This is a corner setup with xibalba. If you want to leave them in the corner, take a slight step back before the 122.

It also stuffs certain wakeups like Batman's slide.

I like the concept but this won't work on characters with fast wake ups, Batman slide probably a bad example to use, characters like Robin, Superman, Firestorm can all punish your trait activation

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I am extremely opposed to making it easier to recognize the hexes.. the more you play the character the easier it gets to recognize them. In a months time, enchantress mains will have a nice advantage over other players since they will be able to recognize them and the competitor won’t

9_Lives

Noob
For some of my thoughts about Enchantress after day 1, click the spoiler. surrender now, or prepare to fight through this long read:
:DOGE ABSOLUTE GARBAGE :DOGE

Her ji2 can be used as a quick mid and can link into standing 2, standing 1, down 1 and probably other things. Similar to how Dragon uses BA's ji2. It's very minus, but can catch people off guard.

She's a footsies monster. Her standing 1, b1, f2, b2 all have deceptively long range, and I see a bright future, full of many whiff punishes.

I'm seeing lots of combos that start off 12~bf3mb and other things. It works for me a lot right now because nobody I've played blocks her atm, but if your opponent blocks it will not link and they can poke out. And even if they block the whole sequence including the final mb, it will leave you at -1, which is counter intuitive after spending a whole bar. Just my two cents; I'm thinking it's going to be better in the long run to use the launching strings more often to avoid this.

Some rando corner combos:
b23, 3~bf3mb, nj3, 3~bf2/3~trait/2~trait;
113, 12~bf3mb, nj3, 3~bf2/3~trait/2~trait;

You can reverse your position for a bar of meter if you get stuck in corner:
b23/113, f23mb, creep up, crossover ji3, 3~bf2 or 3~trait or 2~trait (reasons for everything)

A tidbit about the restand mindgame of standing 2 at the end of combos;
If you have your opponent conditioned with 21/23 mixup at the end of your combos, they're going to be going for grab, as it is an option select that beats either of these 2 possibilities. You can backdash out and whiff punish. This will not work if they are not conditioned because of timing, meaning if they grab too late you will get caught by the grab. Just a 3rd alternative for when you're opponent decides to mash grab every time you end a combo with 21/23. Another thing is they are only going to be -1 after all is said and done. If they know this it's possible they will start trying to jump out or backdash and this is going to make her mindgames a lot more interesting. Thinking about 4, 5 or even 6 possibilities to account for, and I think that's going to help her rope even more damage after each combo if you can throw their mind off balance enough.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
I like the concept but this won't work on characters with fast wake ups, Batman slide probably a bad example to use, characters like Robin, Superman, Firestorm can all punish your trait activation
Here's the tech against those characters plus other fast wakeups. For Superman, trait call low profiles rising grab. Others you have end in 12trait call and trait stay.

What you do next is matchup based but the key is to jump to the corner with jump 2 which crosses up but she lands in front.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Here's the tech against those characters plus other fast wakeups. For Superman, trait call low profiles rising grab. Others you have end in 12trait call and trait stay.

What you do next is matchup based but the key is to jump to the corner with jump 2 which crosses up but she lands in front.

Damn that beats what I was thinking of. But here it is anyway. Deals with every wakeup that doesnt teleport. They HAVE to hold their spot because the f3 will hit them if they try anything.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
FINALLY got my hands on her and OH MY SWEET GURKENS SHE'S AMAZING! My new Bad Bitch, my new Queen! Last night i was just trying to level her up, get some new gear, and figure out her combos. So later today, i will do an in depth combo vid like i do with new releases. OOOOOOO OOOOOO im excited! Haven't played her online yet, cuz its only day one and we all know how fucking frustrating ranked matches are in this game. I'll take my time with this one. Stay tuned ;)

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
FINALLY got my hands on her and OH MY SWEET GURKENS SHE'S AMAZING! My new Bad Bitch, my new Queen! Last night i was just trying to level her up, get some new gear, and figure out her combos. So later today, i will do an in depth combo vid like i do with new releases. OOOOOOO OOOOOO im excited! Haven't played her online yet, cuz its only day one and we all know how fucking frustrating ranked matches are in this game. I'll take my time with this one. Stay tuned ;)
I played about 50 player vs players competitive matches and felt pretty comfortable with her footsies by the end, so def jump into it man.

Also lol @ people saying she's bottom tier

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I played about 50 player vs players competitive matches and felt pretty comfortable with her footsies by the end, so def jump into it man.

Also lol @ people saying she's bottom tier
Her footsies are so OOOOOOOOOO! B2 all day! Her J2 is such a nasty cross-up that can easily give u a free combo just like Batman. Her b12 can open ppl up and straight up okie with 21 or 23.

I just honestly REALLy dislike online feature in this game in general, so ill dive into it once i get this video done and see how she fairs against others. But she has one of the strongest neutrals in the game thats for damn sure.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I just got mopped by KP's Enchantress because she shuts down my nutty gameplay. She is thankfully 20 times more interesting than in Suicide Squad, and also very strong.

That's true. On the other hand she should have plenty of space to use a curse and if she is lucky and manages to disable his special moves he is screwed lol
That would be unfortunate...I think Bane might be okay in this matchup, but if he gets that curse should probably either use F2 or knockaway strings until it lapses, or go for a F2->Down->Grab since the Enchantress player might get overly aggressive when they see the hex on you.

What are people using as wake-ups for Enchantress?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
That would be unfortunate...I think Bane might be okay in this matchup, but if he gets that curse should probably either use F2 or knockaway strings until it lapses, or go for a F2->Down->Grab since the Enchantress player might get overly aggressive when they see the hex on you.

Bane and WW seem to be challenges for Enchantress. Both characters you need the same strategy and have COMPLETE DISTANCE for the hex. With Bane tho, you can poke through his armor with B12 or even 113 (well not too sure with 113 but its fast 11 is fast as fuck)

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous

The only viable wakeup i see is BF2 or just delay the wakeup

Bane and WW seem to be challenges for Enchantress. Both characters you need the same strategy and have COMPLETE DISTANCE for the hex. With Bane tho, you can poke through his armor with B12 or even 113 (well not too sure with 113 but its fast 11 is fast as fuck)
Is B12 fast enough to get through the armor on a Bane Bomb? The timing would be tight if you did it on reaction, probably. Could switch it up with Bane Uppercut and elbow drop.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Is B12 fast enough to get through the armor on a Bane Bomb? The timing would be tight if you did it on reaction, probably. Could switch it up with Bane Uppercut and elbow drop.
B12 is probably the trickiest combo to land because its super fast even YOU have to react fast enough to complete the combo and convert to either BF2 OR i heard you can even convert into MB Hex for super bounce damage. I gotta lab that, but i can imagine that would be her most difficult combo to pull off.