What's new

Match Footage 'It's Part of My Charm' Nightwing Video Thread v1.06

ruff321

Noob
I think people are underestimating NW staff jb1 when it comes to stuffing black adam's dive kick. It's very fast and you can use it at almost any range and it can still hit black adam's dive kick. It also put black adam at close range for staff pressure. 5% isn't much but it's way more consistent than staff j2 or b1. b1 isn't preferable since it put black adam full screen and I don't like using j2 because sometimes dive kick can still hit me.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
Chongo Plz :'( lol where you nervous? I noticed you dropped some confirms I walked past you during that death stroke match and you where shaking a bit. I didn't wana irritate you so I walked off lol

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Chongo Plz :'( lol where you nervous? I noticed you dropped some confirms I walked past you during that death stroke match and you where shaking a bit. I didn't wana irritate you so I walked off lol
Haha yeah, don't view those matches as a serious indicator of my skill. I was using a brand new pad because mine broke like right before tournament matches started. So add that, plus frustration about the pad and standard tourney nerves and you got a bottom tier NW player.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Haha yeah, don't view those matches as a serious indicator of my skill. I was using a brand new pad because mine broke like right before tournament matches started. So add that, plus frustration about the pad and standard tourney nerves and you got a bottom tier NW player.
He broke the tournament rules in selecting Ferris Aircraft. He should have been DQ'd or penalized on the spot.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
That entire match was just cheap as hell. I wanted to vomit when I saw it. I know Chongo can body him free in a set too so thats why it annoyed me so much.
And this is why I believe WNF needs to change their stage select rules to coincide with the rest of the tournament scene. Either Cash didn't know or he blatantly broke tournament standard.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
He broke the tournament rules in selecting Ferris Aircraft. He should have been DQ'd or penalized on the spot.
That entire match was just cheap as hell. I wanted to vomit when I saw it. I know Chongo can body him free in a set too so thats why it annoyed me so much.
After I won the first game, he asked what I wanted to do with the stage. I said, and I quote "Hey, do whatever you want, I honestly don't care." So yeah, blow me up for being stupid, but it's not like he got super salty and broke tournament rules, I just told him to do whatever he wanted.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
After I won the first game, he asked what I wanted to do with the stage. I said, and I quote "Hey, do whatever you want, I honestly don't care." So yeah, blow me up for being stupid, but it's not like he got super salty and broke tournament rules, I just told him to do whatever he wanted.
That's something I would say too lol. Still feels good that you went out there and represented Nightwing. I and I'm sure other NWers appreciate the showcase to let the community know this character is alive and hustling.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I just watched, everybody from SoCal definitely knew the rules, and Cash and I have actually played double random in tournament before.

You should have done double random.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I just watched, everybody from SoCal definitely knew the rules, and Cash and I have actually played double random in tournament before.

You should have done double random.
Stop reminding me ;_____;

Like I said, Cash seems like a cool dude and a skilled player, I just told him to do whatever he wanted to do regarding the stage and I suffered because of it.

gpmoney

Chongo It's ok we still love you T~T lol and I could tell something is up. I knew it was something bothering you because you kept getting confirms and then dropped input. New pads suck :\ it happens to the best of us dot sweat it lol. The guy you played seemed cool but FUCK he woke up every time lol. My strategy to fighting a stroke player is to block gunshot. 1 dash, block, 1 dash, block and wait cause he can either run away, shot, or YOLO flip (they always yolo flip) lol if they jump you can switch to staff and flying grayson on reaction.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Chongo It's ok we still love you T~T lol and I could tell something is up. I knew it was something bothering you because you kept getting confirms and then dropped input. New pads suck :\ it happens to the best of us dot sweat it lol. The guy you played seemed cool but FUCK he woke up every time lol. My strategy to fighting a stroke player is to block gunshot. 1 dash, block, 1 dash, block and wait cause he can either run away, shot, or YOLO flip (they always yolo flip) lol if they jump you can switch to staff and flying grayson on reaction.
Yeah fuck new pads, and I hadn't played a ds in forever haha, like honestly I think the last time I played one was in May, no one plays him.

gpmoney

Yeah fuck new pads, and I hadn't played a ds in forever haha, like honestly I think the last time I played one was in May, no one plays him.
yea, they all play the same. Its either gun shots or the j1 resets. most deathdtrokes get afraid when you get in their face and they flip, spin, or jump shots or j3. 8/10 time you just gotta get in his face and stop because they always get scared and do something stupid

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
My NW on the PS4
My first 3 matches got cut off because it exceeds the 15 min limit sooo next time I'll remember to double click on the share button.
I was digging it, first thing that popped up when I searched Nightwing on youtube, last week of most recent content.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

gpmoney

Dayum! Itsjustass patches among us only had 4 entrances including me :/ we just did a round robin lol no stream

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson

This is a first to 5 against Khaotic Swift
I couldn't do 113 and 112 as much as I like to(really the first thing I go to after doing D1, D12 or punishing a close range attack or doing a combo ender) just due to the fact my cousin played DCUO for weeks and mashed the square(1) button to death. Now in order for a square(1) button to come out I have to double tap the button in the strongest way lol. so when I do F213 I'm really doing F2113. I need a new controller asap.

Besides that, I'd like to work on my set up and defense against staff in the corner.
I figure I'll share a video of myself atleast once. Thanks to @Catnip_Her0 for the upload.

Last edited:

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
So I haven't been posting the archives, but if you guys ever check out WNF you can catch footage of me playing NW still.

Here is last weeks: http://www.twitch.tv/egpwonderchef/b/495611659

First 5 minutes are Tyrant and I playing casuals, at about 1 hour and 40 minutes I play Nubcakes, and sometime later I played Theo with NW. Rest of my matches were MMH. Nubcakes and I always have really close 2-1 sets. Last week I won, so this week was his runback.

gpmoney

This is a first to 5 against Khaotic Swift
I couldn't do 113 and 112 as much as I like to(really the first thing I go to after doing D1, D12 or punishing a close range attack or doing a combo ender) just due to the fact my cousin played DCUO for weeks and mashed the square(1) button to death. Now in order for a square(1) button to come out I have to double tap the button in the strongest way lol. so when I do F213 I'm really doing F2113. I need a new controller asap.

Besides that, I'd like to work on my set up and defense against staff in the corner.
I figure I'll share a video of myself atleast once. Thanks to @Catnip_Her0 for the upload.
I finally got to watch this lol. are you Dick or Damian? I got some suggestions. Its also nice to see how others play. you guys make me realize Im too fast when playing lol

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I finally got to watch this lol. are you Dick or Damian? I got some suggestions. Its also nice to see how others play. you guys make me realize Im too fast when playing lol
I'm Dick. Let me know what you think I need all the criticism in the world im going to training mode and just going to re-conditioning my whole game. I like play patient but Im trying to be smarter. Really need that new controller asap

This is me playing my pal @KombatNerd and his crazy Cyborg, we know how the match up goes lol