What's new

Match Footage 'It's Part of My Charm' Nightwing Video Thread v1.06

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Im gonna have to try that. I made this so i could take good damage at the begining

You start the match with B2 3 interbounce b3 j3 f213 escrima fury. You have a ~40% life advantage, you have the meter advantage, you have 3/4 screen to your back and your opponent lands at your feet.

+Life. +Meter. +Position. +Time.

The chips are stacked so heavily in your favor right off the bat. Take some risks? Get hit? You're sitting on 2 bars - a few ground sparks away from 3 bars of meter. Play safe and earn that next hit and you could be looking at a 3 bar midscreen bounce cancel combo would net you anywhere between ~48-52% damage to help close out the first round quickly.

Meter management is huge, especially against Green Lantern - where when I get a hit - I want to blow all the meter I've got.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
No matter what, Joe finds a way to make every post about GL.

I would sit on the meter and positioning depending on the matchup/stage. Against lots of characters a 40% lead is enough for NW to relax and make them work in, before dashing in for pressure/whiff punishing something in footsie range.

It's funny, I was actually working on wall bounce combos a bunch yesterday too.

NightwingDayZero

I played some mirrors today with XBlades that I'm uploading to youtube right now. He uses some really interesting spacing/zoning working in amazing reads and punishing with flying grayson. I make some adjustments of my own and the matchup plays rather well.

This is online. I don't think either of us were really using optimal combos, the idea is just to explore the spacing a bit. I was also looking for ways to punish wingdings, something I'm working on developing further.

Noob
Hey guys, finally i have a vid of my NW against probably the most talented GA, Eu server has to offer, Yammini...
Iv actually never saw a recording of my NW play, since i have no means of actually recording myself, but in retrospective i didnt do to poorly considering this is online and we couldv had a better connection as well... i did fairly well in my map set, but by the time Yammini´s map set came along i was already feeling a bit frustrated with the map and online environment... still i think i did decent considering the circunstance and he did amazing as always so i hope you guys enjoy our set.

Many thanks to Yammini for the games and recording of the set Ggs

XxM3LLOxX

CORN WulfGangM3LLO
I really dont want to talk about my performance at youmacon, i felt like i was ready but my lack of experience bodied me pretty tough. Playing to WIN actually had fun playing during the tournament and we had some pretty ridiculous casuals afterwards. i learned the sinistro match up very fast afterwards, he did give me props for my nightwing and was checking on my tournament progress the whole time. my match against carl is hard for me to watch, I've never been so damn shook up before until now. i completely forgot about the reverse wake up set up doomsday has until i woke up safe spin around the 2nd-3rd time. i was push blocking while he was in trait(which i KNOW I SHOULDNT DO) playing that type of doomsday jus crushed me mentally. i was fighting myself more than then i was fighting carl. i think i got 9th or something i dont know smh I'm jus really upset guys sorry. PLAYING TO WIN did tell me i could join his KOTH online now, which makes me feel alot better. I guess he can see the potential, either why guys I'd tried my best. I'm trying to go to NEC, maybe by then i will have leveled up a little.

NightwingDayZero

RunwayMafia THE INFAMOUS LARRY!

I dropped so many combos at that tournament. I was used to practicing on an 8-9ms delay monitor while playing onilne.

I've got my Asus now. No more dropped combos. My next showing will be so much better.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
One slide/parry/MB F3/d2 and it's mixup for dayss.
yeah blocking slide is a mix up in itself. neutral jump 2 in staff blows up parry and can stuff out d2. mb f3 wins though. ground blast blows up back dash and parry as well. its not too bad for nightwing. u can zone a bit too, just gotta be smart about it.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
yeah blocking slide is a mix up in itself. neutral jump 2 in staff blows up parry and can stuff out d2. mb f3 wins though. ground blast blows up back dash and parry as well. its not too bad for nightwing. u can zone a bit too, just gotta be smart about it.
We'll have that run back next week, don't worry about it. ;) I actually enjoy the NW match up. Not very often I get to play it.