What's new

Match Footage 'It's Part of My Charm' Nightwing Video Thread v1.06

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
It seemed like you had the right idea of the matchup, but you didn't have the spacing down 100%.

Lots of missed chances to punish lift on block, and not enough dashing under to punish air rocket. Also, I wouldn't recommend mb ground spark in zoning against GL. you need the meter for once you get in and abuse staff specials. Your goal is to use your zoning to force him into jumping and getting punished for bad air rockets. Once GL gets impatient, your offense works fine because he's moving forward into it, and you don't have to chase him to start it.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Also, since I forgot to post it in this thread, here was the mirror between me and Blades from last week:

Dasblackman

The struggle is real
Yeah I was watching the video in the off matches, but I still couldn't pull it off

It seemed like you had the right idea of the matchup, but you didn't have the spacing down 100%.

Lots of missed chances to punish lift on block, and not enough dashing under to punish air rocket. Also, I wouldn't recommend mb ground spark in zoning against GL. you need the meter for once you get in and abuse staff specials. Your goal is to use your zoning to force him into jumping and getting punished for bad air rockets. Once GL gets impatient, your offense works fine because he's moving forward into it, and you don't have to chase him to start it.
Thanks for the input man, still need to practice

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
I tried guys :-( I got impatient against GL, maybe next time. Perfect legend did say I have the most solid, set up based nightwing he's seen so far. Felt good hearing that lol but I wish I went to grand finals and played Carl

A few things that I noticed.

JDM loves minigun. You can d12 him inbetween B13 and minigun. If he starts going with Rocket Power, be ready to dash forward. Active blocking and knowing your options are huge here. B13 follow ups are NOT safe. It's all about making the right read. Chaingun/Lift are the 50/50 - you can definitely react to Rocket Power.

Ground Oa's Rocket has a lot of recovery, if you duck it, quickly stance switch flying grayson. Now you're in, and he's coming to the end of his recovery. This is spacing dependant, if your FG ends too far away to standing 1 - don't bother.

When you have the lead. Run the clock. Spark cancel and run away. This is when you have the opportunity to pick your spots. Of course you're looking for the next hit, but don't force it. So long as you have the life lead - the clock is on your side. His chances of winning only get slimmer and slimmer if you're playing smart. The GL matchup is one of many matchups where we just have to play so incredibly solid. It's a tough MU - stay positive. I can't beat Michaelangelo in this MU and he doesn't even play the game anymore.

XxM3LLOxX

CORN WulfGangM3LLO
http://www.twitch.tv/srmnation/b/468840966
This was from last wednesday, its nothing but casuals. i used bane and joker at first but then i used nightwing starting at 17:50. I was playing RyuJin, i got more GA experience which is good.

50:50 i then i play Chris(MR ALL CAPS) he doesn't play injustice anymore but he wantedt to try n beat me. had to troll him a few times lol
59:15 Next Lord Hollow playing Lobo, kevin is busy all the time but everytime i do see him his lobo improves. i enjoy that match up alot and i like watching lobo as a whole. had fun
Begining at 2:14:50.....I finally get to play The Nightwing V hawkgirl match up, as u can see i was mindfucked about everything that was going on. evening when i was adapting i was still questioning alot of things lol once i did get in i was the happiest person in the world, brings a tear everytime i saw hawkgirl life bar jus ghost lol:D if u feel like watching this for like 3 hours by all means. This is probably the most of me playing recorded. hope u enjoy, feedback would be lovely. My friend Kevin has a phrase whenever the momentum jus shift in my favor out of nowhere, it is called Mellomentum. sounds cheesy but i like it :cool:

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Ive uploaded this like 400000 times and it will not upload in HD like everything else so fuck it lol

some footage from last sunday. More to come once we get this editing done

Loving how you use that D2 in staff in those coombos into escrima cancel.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
NightwingDayZero thanks man i really appreciate the help. i will jus copy n paste this into my notebooks on my phone for nightwing
Something that I've been trying to teach myself. When you're playing the GL matchup just keep telling yourself, "I don't have to win right NOW." Stack the cards in your favor and the win will come eventually. Stack the cards with positioning, timer, life, meter. If ever you're not winning with any one of those - slow things down before it's too late. All of these things (positioning, timer, life, meter) are codependent on one another to bring you success.

Also, the fewer attempts you make to wakeup against GL - the less likely he'll be opening you up for free. If you get knocked down - take the mixup - make him earn it.If you have the life lead - don't be afraid to eat the grab. What's 11% compared to f3 into full combo? Just keep weighing your opponents options against your life, the clock, your position and your meter.

GL's j1 - blocked at the head - is not safe. He cannot b1 you. If you recognize he is just throwing out j1s. Block one with your face and kindly thank him for the pressure. This is your opportunity to d12 33 mixup.

One last thing - and this is something I need to work on as well. Stop trying to d2 air oa's rocket. Jump up and j2 him. D2 might auto correct the wrong way. D2 might whiff completely. D2 SCALES combo damage. Air to airs aren't scaled in this game. Jump up and bring him down.

If I'm telling you things you already know then I apologize for the redundancy. I'm just a student of fighting games.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I forgot to post this until I saw NightwingDayZero mention this in another thread. The first part of my NW tutorial that covers escrima. It's super basic, but it covers everything escrima wise pretty thoroughly.

VladMkd

Noob
Awesome vid Sajam, pretty much covered most things. Something that I find important in escrima is to mix things up all the time, dont always go for the same string into the same set up. I use d12 a lot but will also throw out a d1 into flip kick, use b13 and d3 occasionally to get them blocking low since your best string is an overheard, give them a reason to block low, b2 is also a great cancel into staff and probably the best way to enter it from a distance, his f3 also lowers his hitbox a significant amount to dodge high projectiles, his dash is so fast you can't really react so dashing into a 113 is always an option. His 113 can cross up or not cross up depending whether you do it on the 3rd hit or the 4th hit and also depends on character. A gimmick is to do 113, dash under and do ex flip kick into 2 b3's, looks suave as fuck if you're hoping to avoid a clash.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
Sajam, NightwingDayZero What type of capture Cards are you using? I got this El gato an it literally WILL NOT work lol. Its my lil bros old one (he has aver media portable) Tried this thing on 3 different computer and all say USB unrecognized. updated drivers, re installed, and cleared cache. So far my lil bro got so pissed that he re installed his OS and it worked but I never made a recovery drive >_> plus re installing OS seems unnecessary lol. did you guys run across anything like this? cause I know 2 others who have

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
My el gato worked fine, so I don't know what's up.

It was pretty much just plug and play, sorry man :(.

gpmoney

My el gato worked fine, so I don't know what's up.

It was pretty much just plug and play, sorry man :(.
:( lol it worked fine when we first had it then we literally woke up and it died lol I dont wana buy another aver media >.>

gpmoney

This is old I forgot to post lol. if you get a B2 at the beginning of a map with intractable you can take 38% at the start of the match

gpmoney

actually this is better 41% off b2 at the start since you get 1st hit you get the bar

XxM3LLOxX

CORN WulfGangM3LLO
These are jus friendly casuals by me and RyuJin from 2 weeks ago i think. If u feel like watching me be a goofball and enjoy funny side conversations then by all means lol Its like 8 videos total, go to Lord Hollow's page to see me more, so enjoy. Again these are jus friendly casuals, i knew i wasnt using all my stuff especially 1,1,2. scatterbomb, etc.