What's new

Question - Summoner Is Quan Chi in reality a mid tier character?

Is Quan Chi in reality a mid tier character?

• Yes.

Votes: 25 8.3%
  • No.

Votes: 260 86.7%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 15 5.0%

• Total voters

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I still lurk, and I still love Ethereal.

I just can't play through MKX's netcode. Instead of furiously bashing it, I've moved on to other games and come back to it from time to time. I barely post anymore because I don't feel like my opinions are up to date anymore.
Aw. I was just curious because Pig mentioned you a few times in this thread. ;)

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Why are there so many pages on this shit? NO he is top tier, probably the best character in this yet again broken game with yet again horrible online (un)playability. Get over it.
There's a million responses because for some reason, after the 20 argument-inducing threads that Dave has started already, people still believe their opinion will have any effect on the mass thought process of TYM. But like every thread before this: People will argue and get butthurt, and then everyone will move on and go back to watching YOMI on str- *cough* I mean Defend the North archives.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
There's a million responses because for some reason, after the 20 argument-inducing threads that Dave has started already, people still believe their opinion will have any effect on the mass thought process of TYM. But like every thread before this: People will argue and get butthurt, and then everyone will move on and go back to watching YOMI on str- *cough* I mean Defend the North archives.
Truth.

Honestly didn't notice. I'll have a look.

EDIT: ah, ok. Nothing new here. Sad really.

Back to lurking.

TakeAChance award sounds awesome btw.
Wait, Pig's still oinking at you?

M2Dave believes the earth is 6000 years old.

M2Dave thinks The Lion King is "meh" and that "Simba is definitely bottom 5 lion based characters of all time"

M2Dave thinks Christmas is a byproduct "Zealots" calls roasted chestnuts and open fires "overrated"

M2Dave thinks the moon landing was faked. Asks Nasa "Where's the proof?"

M2Dave once shot a man in Reno but didn't stay to watch him die, calling it "unnecessary."

M2Dave thinks OJ is innocent. "That glove just didnt fit," he explains.

M2Dave argues that getting caught in the rain would ruin any pina coloda.

M2Dave thinks "zoning" means that his character gets to stay full screen and lob projectiles while taking no risks.

M2Dave thinks Quan is mid tier.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
M2Dave believes the earth is 6000 years old.

M2Dave thinks The Lion King is "meh" and that "Simba is definitely bottom 5 lion based characters of all time"

M2Dave thinks Christmas is a byproduct "Zealots" calls roasted chestnuts and open fires "overrated"

M2Dave thinks the moon landing was faked. Asks Nasa "Where's the proof?"

M2Dave once shot a man in Reno but didn't stay to watch him die, calling it "unnecessary."

M2Dave thinks OJ is innocent. "That glove just didnt fit," he explains.

M2Dave argues that getting caught in the rain would ruin any pina coloda.

M2Dave thinks "zoning" means that his character gets to stay full screen and lob projectiles while taking no risks.

M2Dave thinks Quan is mid tier.
This is the best post this thread has. You made my day. THANK YOU.

A while ago, I read a post from @STB Shujinkydink that entertained the thought that Quan Chi may be an overrated top tier character because of the lack of defensive options. Just like the vast majority of people in the community, I was initially submerged with the "Quan Chi is the best character in the game" propaganda, particularly post-patch, so I entirely dismissed Dink's idea. As I play and watch Mortal Kombat X each day, I would like to reevaluate this idea, which I now believe holds a certain degree of legitimacy.

@EGP Wonder_Chef managed to win a major tournament when Mortal Kombat X was in its infancy. No Quan Chi player has won a regional or major tournament ever since. In fact, all Quan Chi players have suffered the same fate ever since. One places top 8. Another may counter-pick. But the results are always the same. Quan Chi players are knocked down and wall carried, where they block infinite combos until they die. The words "block infinite combos" are perhaps a little bit of an exaggeration, but Quan Chi is usually forced to guess three or four times before having an opportunity to escape. D'Vorah, Erron Black, Johnny Cage, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, and Tanya are just some of the characters whose offense is incessant against Quan Chi.

The ultimate and arguably more interesting question is, how can Quan Chi be considered "clearly the best post-patch character" in the game when results and theory are inconsistent? Who are the people who continue making such a statement? Are they anti-zoning zealots? Are they TYM scrubs disguising as high level players? Are they YOMI rush down fools with an agenda? I personally believe that these people do not actually share the belief that Quan Chi is the best character in the game. They are merely anti-zoning zealots with a hidden agenda to normalize the vortex and the vestige of zoning that remains in the game. Quan Chi is a viable tournament character with non-existent defensive options playing a game in which offensive options rival Marvel's. Do not allow anyone to fool you. Quan Chi being a mid tier character is definitely within the realm of possibility.
The only thing broke about Summoner Quan Chi is his damage output. All they have to do is nerf his damage and he'll be fair. The only way to do that is by having damage scaling for the bat because the other 2 variations don't need nerfs.