What's new

Question - Summoner Is Quan Chi in reality a mid tier character?

Is Quan Chi in reality a mid tier character?

• Yes.

Votes: 25 8.3%
  • No.

Votes: 260 86.7%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 15 5.0%

• Total voters

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Well shoot, that's a tall order, but I'll give it a shot. 1/1000? We've got...

I didn't drop my character because he's not top tier and complain to my child about it on camera?

-OR-

I'm with a woman who doesn't regret that I'm the one she's raising a child with.

So there's that... When's a good time to call? Then again, there's always the ignore button.
:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE
Yep you obviously have no idea about my personal life, No one cares at all about who you are/what character you play and you obviously missed the joke.

Add me on linkedin, I'd love to see what you do for a living.

Tigerbang

Legendary doodbro
So yeh guys Kung Lao is actually the worst character in the game.
*Edit* This is referring to the Tempest variation, the other two are low mid tier.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It didn't get real, I don't classify an internet troll behind a keyboard as "Getting real"

I laughed at his low attempts
If there's one thing this thread has taught me, it's that whenever someone tries to come at me with that sideways personal life talk I will respond with "Add me on Linkedin".

No reply can top that one for those of us who can back it up!

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I have to admit it, I was out of line.

The mock dispute wasn't about the game at all. Pig is very likely a better player than I am. There's no shame in that, it's not where my pride lies. Lives and its achievements span beyond the game, as I pointed out in extraordinarily bad taste. There's no excuse for this and I'll aim to make points such as this more appropriately in the future.

@Pig Of The Hut, I am deeply sorry for my comments.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Call me when you do 1/1000 of what ive done in last 5 years

:DOGE
^damn Pig! I felt that from here brother.
I don't know whats more cringeworthy, the fact that Pig has no other response than to cite his Mortal Kombat achievements to justify his toxic behaviour as a person, or that there is people who will still dickride him when he does it

Or that he has to say "5 years" and not just 1, because if he was to talk about the game we actually play, it could actually be debatable lol

When even PL has both won more prizes than you have in mkx AND whined less , its probably time to stop using this as your universal fallback for absolutely everything - especially stuff completely unrelated to actual playskill

Last edited:

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I don't know whats more cringeworthy, the fact that Pig has no other response than to cite his Mortal Kombat achievements to justify his toxic behaviour as a person, or that there is people who will still dickride him when he does it

Or that he has to say "5 years" and not just 1, because if he was to talk about the game we actually play, it could actually be debatable lol

When PL has both won more prizes than you have in mkx AND whined less , its probably time to stop using this as your universal fallback for absolutely everything - especially stuff completely unrelated to actual playskill
Your hate boner for Pig is no better than Pig shitting on people

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I have to admit it, I was out of line.

The mock dispute wasn't about the game at all. Pig is very likely a better player than I am. There's no shame in that, it's not where my pride lies. Lives and its achievements span beyond the game, as I pointed out in extraordinarily bad taste. There's no excuse for this and I'll aim to make points such as this more appropriately in the future.

@Pig Of The Hut, I am deeply sorry for my comments.
Don't worry about it

No harm

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』

When PL has both won more prizes than you have in mkx AND whined less , its probably time to stop using this as your universal fallback for absolutely everything - especially stuff completely unrelated to actual playskill
relax dude, its just the internet

Wigy

There it is...
I don't just randomly shit on people tho, when Pig is being a douchebag in threads to people I'll often address it. He just happens to do it a lot. Which was kinda what I was saying in here.
Gotta agree with you. I try listen to the players who deliver in tournaments but pig is the most arrogant ass hat on here. Nowhere near good enough tourney placings to excuse it either.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
This so just too goddamn good. I'm laughing my ass of right now. I wasn't here during Injustice days but this....is making me wanna travel back in time and see what the hell was up cause that game was ten times the salt as this one. Keep it up guys. I'm loving everyones useof lowpokes. Conditioning them so you can throw that f4-Soul ball Ermac style.

#ILoveYouGuysYouRemindMeThatImNotTheBiggestAssholeOnThePlanet. #WelLDone

M2Dave

Zoning Master

Who are you to question Pig?

Shut up, scrub.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I don't think it's an exaggeration. Impostor Shinnok hits you and his vortex ends after one loop depending on the special he steals. Boneshaper has a fuzzy-able mix up, with the OH option being unsafe and the throw ending the vortex, low option ending in hell sparks giving him another mix up as you said. This always seemed manageable, in all my MU experience against him he never seemed "broken." There's a fair chance to block Shinnok's mix ups.

Quan can do the same things, with important differences. In any variation, Quan can loop his vortex with no limitation to trance, unlike Impostor. The mix up following is unreactable, a true guess, again unlike Shinnok. Also, when Quan spends a bar, he's so much more advantage. Then there's the obvious; once Summoner Quan has you, the likelihood of blocking the bat/ OH is so slim that the smart money is on the round being over, every time. That's just scratching the surface.

Maybe new tech will come out, making bat easier to block though. Not crying for nerfs, just stating the obvious (?) differences.
While I do agree with most the things you said, we're talking about Quan vs Shinnok mu so most of it is irrelevant.

Shinnok gets a pretty high damage vortex versus Quan cause he steals trance. He then has the iatrickyportal mixups, into his normal mixups, into possibly hellsparks for another mixup. And after that King vs Cowboy game I thought the low/oh being reactable was disproven. Either way though in Imposter he can vary the timing of them both which makes it a very difficult mixup to block.

Obviously Quan is a better character than Shinnok overall, I just think that Imposter vs Summoner is a 5-5.

SEN WIIISE

Kall the Kid, King Khanum!
I'm pretty sure Forever King /thread-ed this on page 1.
I personally feel that Quan is at the lower end of top tier.
But still top-tier all the same.