What's new

Injustice - More Content than MK9 and Urbano Says, "We spent two years focused on netplay"

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Internet speed is relevant, but it means shit if your ping is sky high.

My Internet has more tolerable ping than Time Warner, despite being DSL and slower...which is why Pig and I were able to connect so well and he was shocked to find out what I was on.

Having a good internet speed is good, but it's not 100% necessary.

BTW Pig not all Japan net is that bad. In actuality, it's actually at least twice as good as the US in terms of average speed. Fiber optics in Japan is a good deal less expensive and more available. Just places like military bases and schools are shitty in terms of what they have.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Internet speed is relevant, but it means shit if your ping is sky high.

My Internet has more tolerable ping than Time Warner, despite being DSL and slower...which is why Pig and I were able to connect so well and he was shocked to find out what I was on.

Having a good internet speed is good, but it's not 100% necessary.

BTW Pig not all Japan net is that bad. In actuality, it's actually at least twice as good as the US in terms of average speed. Fiber optics in Japan is a good deal less expensive and more available. Just places like military bases and schools are shitty in terms of what they have.
yea it comes down to 5 factows
DL
UP
PING
wired/wireless
DSL/cable

if you miss out on 3/5 of these it's ass but if you excel on all 5 it plain rocks imo

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I cant help but wonder if something was lost when midway went under. Even Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection had terrible netplay prior to the patch and honestly I still perfer UMK on xbox live (the original one) & mk2 psn (stand alone mk2). I really feel when it comes to netcode NRS started over after midway died. I can be wrong because I didnt play much of the older 3d games online but I dont remember such bad network code with the older 3d games.

I feel one of the important things is definitely netplay. Why? We dont have majors every week and online is needed for sucess in my opinion for any fighting Games. Not everyone can makes these tourneys. Sadly the online play imo on mk9 is so bad is at times like playing two different games with online vs offline. I do hope the bew Injustice game fixes this.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
i hope this bew game is good too

THTB

yea it comes down to 5 factows
DL
UP
PING
wired/wireless
DSL/cable

if you miss out on 3/5 of these it's ass but if you excel on all 5 it plain rocks imo
Fortunately I only really miss out on the first two. :D

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
edit: I have Comcast Cable and pay i think $60-70 for internet a month w promotion. Why? Cause I want a damn good connection and fast ass internet and thinking of when i get my new job (hopefully) upgrade more
Im jealous. I pay roughly 70 USD per month for internet and I get 5Mb down, 0.5Mb up.

...shitty ass third world country.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
The worst thing is I always get flawless connections with people that just started or are terrible. Anyone good it ranges from awful to pretty good.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
thats because juggs internet is ass as is Johnny2d
I don't deny having a shitty internet. My point is though, is that I do have a quality experience in other fighting games online, where as in MK9 it's unplayable. The poor netcode isn't entirely to blame, but when you compare it to other fighters, you can always say that if they can make great netcode, why can't NRS?

AssassiN

Noob
Honestly the only thing holding NRS back on good netcode is one simple thing:

GAMESPY.

DROP THAT SHIT LIKE A DEAD HOOKER IN A RIVER.
What's the problem with gamespy servers?
Unreal Tournament 3 uses gamespy servers and it plays just fine.

I know there are plenty of games out there that use gamespy servers and play smooth online.

AYSAMO

Noob
What's the problem with gamespy servers?
Unreal Tournament 3 uses gamespy servers and it plays just fine.

I know there are plenty of games out there that use gamespy servers and play smooth online.
It's awful middleware. It's ruined several PC game experiences for me when they used to require you to download their software to find lobbies and such. I don't know how they're still in business honestly. The last game I played on PC to be ruined by Gamespy was Crysis 2. So many issues with it outside the actual netcode. the new AvP was also awful because of Gamespy. Just google it, their service is ass and always has been.

"On one end of the spectrum," said Urbano in an interview with NowGamer, "we learned what works, and on the other, what not to mess with."
Um, isn't that supposed spectrum the exact same fucking thing said two ways?

The other end would actually be, "we learned what mechanics suck and how to do them better this time."

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
UMK3 imo was the best playing online MK and even Deception on xbox didn't play THAT bad, MK9 is alright. Better then MK A and MKDC imo but like any game, can always use improvement.

I look forward to it, then hopefully by MK10 it'll be nearly perfected :)

THTB

Now that I think about it, didn't UMK3 for XBLA not use Gamespy?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Just make it balanced and have a decent training mode. If online has to be shit for those two things to happen so be it lol.

I cant help but wonder if something was lost when midway went under. Even Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection had terrible netplay prior to the patch and honestly I still perfer UMK on xbox live (the original one) & mk2 psn (stand alone mk2). I really feel when it comes to netcode NRS started over after midway died. I can be wrong because I didnt play much of the older 3d games online but I dont remember such bad network code with the older 3d games.

I feel one of the important things is definitely netplay. Why? We dont have majors every week and online is needed for sucess in my opinion for any fighting Games. Not everyone can makes these tourneys. Sadly the online play imo on mk9 is so bad is at times like playing two different games with online vs offline. I do hope the bew Injustice game fixes this.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
I really don't find MK9 to have that bad of online; King of the Hill I seem to lag out of quite a lot though

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
We've heard all the promises before.
We'll see when we get there and actually play the game.
Half a year into it most issues will be revealed most likely.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Glad to hear they'll sort compatability packs. Its annoying not being able to play a dlc character because people don't have them.

Wigy

There it is...
I have:
36 Down
8 Up
.2ms ping
Wired
Plays 1v1 O N L Y
3 man private koh at max

People who complain about mk online have
Wireless
Less than 20 down
less than 2 up
Play 7 man KOHs while streaming
and lose a lot and need an excuse

Sorry but truth isnt always good to hear

edit: I have Comcast Cable and pay i think $60-70 for internet a month w promotion. Why? Cause I want a damn good connection and fast ass internet and thinking of when i get my new job (hopefully) upgrade more
You seem rather ignorant in this field. After about 2 Mb download it becomes useless all that really matters is Ping and your NAT, trust me on this one buddy. I have 4 mb Download and i'm fine with lag apart from when the other person is the obvious offender.