What's new

Injustice - More Content than MK9 and Urbano Says, "We spent two years focused on netplay"

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
With the excitement of Injustice: Gods Among Us also comes the skeptics of how good certain aspects of it will be. In a recent interview conducted by NowGamer.com, senior producer of NetherRealm Studios Adam Urbano gives some information regarding these two aspects for us to nibble on. First, we all know how deep the content in Mortal Kombat 9 was with it's DLC and in-depth story mode. Urbano states that with Injustice, "We’re planning to have more content in Injustice than we had in MK9."
dccomic1.jpg

NetherRealm Studios' senior producer Adam Urbano believes the team has learnt enough from its previous game, Mortal Kombat 9, that they might just be able to convince people.

"On one end of the spectrum," said Urbano in an interview with NowGamer, "we learned what works, and on the other, what not to mess with."

"We’re retaining a lot of the key features like the amazing 3D graphics set on a 2D fighting plane, the need for tournament-level depth, and the success of having a ton of content available for players of all experience levels."
In addition to this and more importantly to a LOT of people... "We also spent two years focused on net-play, realizing that nothing matters more for network play than launching with solid, great fundamental netcode." Read the full article, here!

Credit: MaceWind via MKU

Attachments

x18x2xwildx

Something wicked this way comes.
Thank God, now all I need is Poison Ivy and a Batman Returns tribute costume for Catwoman and I'll be good to go ^_^

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
"A fighter with poor netcode is easily forgotten."

Not entirely. Its reputation does suffer from a shitty netcode, but we still stuck it out with MK9 and look at where we are today. Still, I do hope they've learned from the past and will be prepared to deliver for Injustice.

Rock on!

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I'll wait until I can try it out for myself. I mean hell, these guys had online play in their 3D MK games in the last generation and look at how bad MK9's netcode shipped.
I cant help but wonder if something was lost when midway went under. Even Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection had terrible netplay prior to the patch and honestly I still perfer UMK on xbox live (the original one) & mk2 psn (stand alone mk2). I really feel when it comes to netcode NRS started over after midway died. I can be wrong because I didnt play much of the older 3d games online but I dont remember such bad network code with the older 3d games.

I feel one of the important things is definitely netplay. Why? We dont have majors every week and online is needed for sucess in my opinion for any fighting Games. Not everyone can makes these tourneys. Sadly the online play imo on mk9 is so bad is at times like playing two different games with online vs offline. I do hope the bew Injustice game fixes this.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I cant help but wonder if something was lost when midway went under. Even Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection had terrible netplay prior to the patch and honestly I still perfer UMK on xbox live (the original one) & mk2 psn (stand alone mk2). I really feel when it comes to netcode NRS started over after midway died. I can be wrong because I didnt play much of the older 3d games online but I dont remember such bad network code with the older 3d games.

I feel one of the important things is definitely netplay. Why? We dont have majors every week and online is needed for sucess in my opinion for any fighting Games. Not everyone can makes these tourneys. Sadly the online play imo on mk9 is so bad is at times like playing two different games with online vs offline. I do hope the bew Injustice game fixes this.

I have never played them myself, I always heard the online in the 3D games was kinda "fake" like when the game was played online the moves have different properties, made things faster with less recovery or something like that.

The arcade collection was outsourced to a different company that's why it has different netcode.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

Nothing was lost. The netcode for all of the MK games has always been subpar. In actuality, as unplayable as MK9 can be, it's online is actually the best a more recent MK has been.

I do hope NRS has been paying attention to how other fighters are optimizing their online play. The way stuff like KoTH works is ancient in design.

mighty_honour_korea

HYO-OO *nut punch*
Until they start releasing games on PC, make a concerted effort to actually balance their games, and provide proper competitive support (not just shoehorning it into MLG), NRS releases will always ultimately disappoint me.

I'm not expecting a "Tekken" type netcode in smoothness, just something more playable. That and a better practice mode (I would actually want a better practice mode honestly)

I remember when Aris complained to Harada about there not being a record feature in T6 at Evo. Harada told him they had him covered in TTT2. They ended up adding 5 record features, and he only asked for one lol.