What's new

Injustice - More Content than MK9 and Urbano Says, "We spent two years focused on netplay"

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
You seem rather ignorant in this field. After about 2 Mb download it becomes useless all that really matters is Ping and your NAT, trust me on this one buddy. I have 4 mb Download and i'm fine with lag apart from when the other person is the obvious offender.
Im not ignorant but i just dont like people bitching about lag when they have terrible ping speeds, less than 2 up, around 6 down and use wireless

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
UMK3 imo was the best playing online MK

Agreed, the original UMK3 on XBLA not the abomination of MKAK.

Im not ignorant but i just dont like people bitching about lag when they have terrible ping speeds, less than 2 up, around 6 down and use wireless
True, there is ways to improve your connection to enhance your experience. And I understand that it's annoying to hear constantly about lag when said people can improve their connection. But as I said before, the same people who complain about lag in MK9 don't complain in games with great netcode or even decent netcode like AE 2012. So honestly we have to go to the root of the problem and that is the bad netcode and perhaps servers that MK9 uses.

I do agree though that the constant complaints about lag/delay are annoying. If you play online you will inevitably experience lag/delay, so expect it.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Agreed, the original UMK3 on XBLA not the abomination of MKAK.

True, there is ways to improve your connection to enhance your experience. And I understand that it's annoying to hear constantly about lag when said people can improve their connection. But as I said before, the same people who complain about lag in MK9 don't complain in games with great netcode or even decent netcode like AE 2012. So honestly we have to go to the root of the problem and that is the bad netcode and perhaps servers that MK9 uses.

I do agree though that the constant complaints about lag/delay are annoying. If you play online you will inevitably experience lag/delay, so expect it.
Agreed. The funny thing about MKK is I think MK 1 actually plays better then UMK3 and MK2 online lol which I found funny. But yeah, it's a shame that nobody who dl UMK3 originally on xbox can do so again. Even for the DS I loved UMK3 better then MKK and some other MK's online. With luck Injustice will be better.

Wigy

There it is...
Yeah but your boasting about paying lots and lots for download like it has an effect, just making yourself look silly to anybody who knows how this works. To dumb it down for you. if your xbox was really using that 40mb of download or whatever you said, everything using the same broadband would be slow as shit and im sure as you know, that is not the case

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Yeah but your boasting about paying lots and lots for download like it has an effect, just making yourself look silly to anybody who knows how this works. To dumb it down for you. if your xbox was really using that 40mb of download or whatever you said, everything using the same broadband would be slow as shit and im sure as you know, that is not the case
If I had dsl 6down less than 2 up and atrocious ping and paid $29.99 FR Internet AND complained about mk9 running online like ass I'd be a fool

That's all I'm saying

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
You seem rather ignorant in this field. After about 2 Mb download it becomes useless all that really matters is Ping and your NAT, trust me on this one buddy. I have 4 mb Download and i'm fine with lag apart from when the other person is the obvious offender.
I laughed so hard at this.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
When I play, I always just plug the Cat5 cable directly into the system from the modem. 30 mb download, 10 mb upload, and MK is still laggy because of netcode and some random's british or chilean connection, but it definitely plays a lot better than when it's done wirelessly.

swiftNY2

Noob
I cant help but wonder if something was lost when midway went under. Even Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection had terrible netplay prior to the patch and honestly I still perfer UMK on xbox live (the original one) & mk2 psn (stand alone mk2). I really feel when it comes to netcode NRS started over after midway died. I can be wrong because I didnt play much of the older 3d games online but I dont remember such bad network code with the older 3d games.

I feel one of the important things is definitely netplay. Why? We dont have majors every week and online is needed for sucess in my opinion for any fighting Games. Not everyone can makes these tourneys. Sadly the online play imo on mk9 is so bad is at times like playing two different games with online vs offline. I do hope the bew Injustice game fixes this.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
hahahaa yeaaa agree with this. I have to learn Bnb's in practice and then learn how to adjust them for online play. BOOOOOOOO!!!!

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I laughed so hard at this.
Why? Anything over around 2Mb makes absolutely no difference. Its ping and latency that people should worry about. There's a reason there are gaming ISPs which offer low download speeds for excellent pings, latency, contention ratio etc.

Even when the first BB connections came in at 512k in my area a good ping was <20ms. This hasn't changed in 15 years or more.