What's new

Injustice - More Content than MK9 and Urbano Says, "We spent two years focused on netplay"

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I feel like 2 years might not be enough time to fix what we have in MK so I am still going to remain skeptical until I see it with my own eyes...

SLy

Noob
The netcode is going to be a big factor for this game truthfully. If its not good we are gonna lose out on so many potential players that would want to give this game a try.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
People complain about the NETCODE so hard but than you have Pig Of The Hut say he has lagless sessions online and praises it... (Not saying he's wrong or right but that some people don't have this big of an issue with the NETCODE)

I gotta think Injustice will be fine

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
People complain about the NETCODE so hard but than you have Pig Of The Hut say he has lagless sessions online and praises it... (Not saying he's wrong or right but that some people don't have this big of an issue with the NETCODE)

I gotta think Injustice will be fine

I have:
36 Down
8 Up
.2ms ping
Wired
Plays 1v1 O N L Y
3 man private koh at max

People who complain about mk online have
Wireless
Less than 20 down
less than 2 up
Play 7 man KOHs while streaming
and lose a lot and need an excuse

Sorry but truth isnt always good to hear

edit: I have Comcast Cable and pay i think $60-70 for internet a month w promotion. Why? Cause I want a damn good connection and fast ass internet and thinking of when i get my new job (hopefully) upgrade more

I have:
36 Down
8 Up
.2ms ping
Wired
Plays 1v1 O N L Y
3 man private koh at max

Wireless
Less than 20 down
less than 2 up

FUCKING THIS!!! and again THIS...I have wireless and i still dont complain unless the other end is just shitty

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I have never played them myself, I always heard the online in the 3D games was kinda "fake" like when the game was played online the moves have different properties, made things faster with less recovery or something like that.

The arcade collection was outsourced to a different company that's why it has different netcode.
That same company also made Ultimate Mortal Kombat on Nintendo DS which almost everyone says was a faithful port (a bit fast) and had very GOOD netcode.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
That same company also made Ultimate Mortal Kombat on Nintendo DS which almost everyone says was a faithful port (a bit fast) and had very GOOD netcode.
Huh, you're right, I wonder what happened.

I had no idea UMK DS was a good port, I saw it a few times at gamestop but just ignored it because of MK's track record with handhelds.

THEE ODINSON

ODINSON
no u wont
I'm Just Not Into DC Super Heroes My Friend, Ill Most Likely Buy 6 Copies To Support Them (Kollectors Edition, Copies For Tournaments, And Copies For Subway Fight Night) But I Just Don't See My Self Playing It. I Want Too, I'm Just Not Into DC Heroes All That Much.. So Yes, I Shall Wait For The Next Mortal Kombat...

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
My connection's been a LOT less shitty than before since we got Verizon.

I still see too many inconsistencies to put much faith in online, but it's not the worst.
It kind of sucks that the ideal mental hoop to put myself through using it is "I can only take it but so seriously, can't be too upset if I see something stupid rear its stupid self into the middle of the match,I know what I signed up for, etc," but at the same time, just the digital presence of others helping me level up and improve in whatever ways I can beats the hell out of going it alone.

Here's to hoping Injustice delivers. I'll play the shit out of this game.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Wireless
Less than 20 down
less than 2 up

Come on Pig, that's a weak argument. Any shit netcode will seem great if you have an awesome connection.

I literally can not play MK9 online because of the netcode, in addition to living in Japan with a garbage connection that is my ONLY choice (3 down, .4 up). No exaggeration, 9 times out of 10 the game drops connection at character select. It takes almost 15 to 20 minutes just to find a game that won't auto disconnect, sometimes I never do and just give up. And curiously I don't have this level of frustration with any other fighting game, or any online video game period. Only MK9 has this terrible issue.

Imagine only being able to play the game you love most with 3, maybe 4 people online, ever (keep in mind virtually nobody plays this game in Japan, so no offline events). You'd be kind of pissed too. 99% of the people whining about online have not a damn clue how bad it really is. At least most of you can actually play the game.

For the record, NRS is my favorite developer ever and I love everything they've done, but I will not eat up whatever they feed me just because they're NRS. That's exactly how great devs like them go to shit. I want them to make good on their promises, and that's why I'm not buying Injustice until I see that they've fixed what they said they would (or at least made a genuine effort). NRS messed up BIG time with MK9's netcode, and don't ever let them stop hearing about it until they've actually fixed it.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I have:
36 Down
8 Up
.2ms ping
Wired
Plays 1v1 O N L Y
3 man private koh at max

Wireless
Less than 20 down
less than 2 up

Having a good internet doesn't mean the netcode isn't bad. All it means is that you have good internet. Some people can have a good experience with MK9's netcode by having a good internet and playing other people with good internet or someone close to them. However, you shouldn't be required to have anything but average internet speeds in order to have a quality experience playing online. I have a great connection in games like AE 2012, VF, SFxT, MvC3, UMK3, 3S, and other fighters, as well as FPS's (but FPS's don't count). And my internet isn't very good at all. Yet in MK9 it's gutter trash and almost 100% unplayable.

The people with stated good internet speeds don't encounter these horrid connections nearly as often, so they attribute the bad experience to the players ISP and their Up/Down and Ping or countless other specific conditions. And yet, these same players with their same "shitty" internet have wonderful experiences in many other fighters or other games in general.

davidovitch

In Europe!
Hmm yes I also have lots of terrible laggy connections in MK9, to the point where people insult me in the chatroom for it. But when I play other games online the connection isn't nearly as bad, so I have to say it's most likely MK9 netcode and/or servers that are to blame.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I'm slowly getting around to the idea of buying/playing Injustice, though I have to admit I'm not a big fan of DC characters in general just yet. I'm rooting for NRS to get it right and I'm sure they will. That being said, they still have a fair bit to prove to the buying public and for that reason I will be waiting for the general consensus before committing to buying it.

The netcode will be a huge factor and if they get that wrong it will really hurt their reputation as a developer.

I'm Just Not Into DC Super Heroes My Friend, Ill Most Likely Buy 6 Copies To Support Them (Kollectors Edition, Copies For Tournaments, And Copies For Subway Fight Night) But I Just Don't See My Self Playing It. I Want Too, I'm Just Not Into DC Heroes All That Much.. So Yes, I Shall Wait For The Next Mortal Kombat...
now, what about dc supervillains?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Netplay hardly affects the scene for a game. MvC3 had awful netplay when it came out and even after patches and a re-release the netplay still isn't that great but tons of people play it in tourney. On the flipside, Skullgirls has some fantastic netplay but hardly anyone shows up for tourneys.

So while it may help for people that don't have dedicated, offline scenes for their game or need consistently good online partners it will hardly cause a surge of players in offline tournaments.

Plop

Noob
I could do without a region lock this time around so that i can actually play people in America.
Having to say "Sorry man, I'm in the UK, it doesn't work" got really old really quick.

Why the hell was there a region lock in the first place?? Not even Capcom were stupid enough to put a fuckin region lock on their online

EDIT- Btw, TTT2 netcode is overrated imo