What's new

Injustice is Hold Back to "Block"

Reedoms

Noob
NRS announced it yesterday: you can't. You can move forward, jump, duck, or block. You each start at the end of the screen and slowly move closer.

They're saying its a bold new move that they expect to change fighting games forever.
I like this new approach. Now people have to 1v1 me and are not allowed to run away.
Bravo NRS.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
NRS announced it yesterday: you can't. You can move forward, jump, duck, or block. You each start at the end of the screen and slowly move closer.

They're saying its a bold new move that they expect to change fighting games forever.
Das Brutal...

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?

So...the Cage and Sonyas of the game inherently have an advantage. Unless no one has frame traps. Sounds strange.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Trolling right? Not being able to move backward is shitty as fuck.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
This is nothing unless u are a purely defensive player I don't understand the reasoning behind the it will make footsies worse

Sent from the PND Haters Ball

hate hate hate

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Pretty good troll, even had me for a second. MK Peanuts was good too.

Anyway, I don't see the big deal with holding back to block. It isn't an MK game, so I wasn't really expecting anything to be in it that's identical to MK. Plus maybe this will get more SF scrubs to play it on a competitive level. Assuming of course the game will even be competitive, not really looking like it's going to be imo.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Damn, scared me for a second. Then I remember seeing harley jump backwards in the G4 video that I've watched like 10x.

I've never really played a fighting game that uses back to block. What if you want to dash back from an attack instead of blocking, I guess that can't be done?

shig

kool guy
usually in back to block games, if you double tap back you'll just backdash normally and not block.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
I really want this game to be awesome, but its really not looking that way so far.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I've never really played a fighting game that uses back to block. What if you want to dash back from an attack instead of blocking, I guess that can't be done?
Yes, you can double tap and dash backwards. If you HOLD back your character will walk backwards. They only stop to block if an attack is going to hit you.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
I wish there was a browser game that had 2d fighting style so you guys could play it and see exactly how it works. I know most of you don't wanna clog your comp up with mugen >_>

Albo

Noob
I've always wanted to try other 2d fighters that require holding back to block, with different machenics to mk and havn't had the chance so i'm looking forward to this. It'll take some getting used to especially since mk9's my first competitve fighter and it took me a while to grasp the core mechanics of the game. I guess quite a few people here are anxious towards change though without even trying the game out first. There's still a lot we don't know about the game and we've got a long while until release where things can change.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Brady said this kinda plays like KI which to me is a compliment cause that game was EPIC...