What's new

Injustice is Hold Back to "Block"

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
While following and listening to some twitter chatting and patiently waiting for folks to spill more beans (details) about "Injustice", Jeff Gerstmann, tweeted an interesting note about the game and this is that it definitely is going to play differently than Mortal Kombat. Apparently as Jeff checked out the game, he quickly learned that the blocking mechanic in the game was different, no more block button! As he checked out Inustice, he was surprised by how different from MK it feels. It's back to block! Seems pretty interesting.

Actual tweet here.

dc3.jpg

thoughts?

Articled edited by STORMS

Attachments

Espio

Kokomo
I honestly don't like holding back to block, I like that for Soul Calibur and MK there's an assigned button for blocking.

It has always felt off to me to hold back to block in every fighter I've ever played as much as I like Tekken it still feels awkward to me.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
3 attack buttons, 1 button for background attack. Character specific Super Meter. And hold back to block??

Then combo breakers are allowed lol.

Yea, this isnt MK, so the block button shouldnt be used. Good shit, NRS.
Where did you hear about the 3 attack buttons?

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I have plenty of experience in Capcom and SNK style fighters, so these changes don't really effect me much. Hell, who knows maybe I'll end up being much better at this game than MK9 because of it.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I can see a lot of the capcom gang wanting to try this now, will be interesting to see who ends up playing this at a high level. (providing it plays well at a high level)