What's new

Injustice General Discussion

I'm not a supporter of Red Hood but that is kind of an odd response. He paused, seemed to be a little flustered, then randomly transitioned to voice actors when nobody had asked him any questions about voice acting. Maybe he made a connection in his head between Jason Todd and voice actors.
Who knows ... that's what I like to believe, but the other possibilities would be that:
1) he wanted to give us at least something, because he wasn't able to confirm a character,
2) or he wanted to use that as an opportunity to mention something that he wanted to say all along.

In both cases it wouldn't have anything to do with Red Hood.

I called that a stupid decision because Mega Man was Capcom's big name. Of course, this was before they killed two Mega Man games and then ignored him nearly completely. But then, I have very little love for Capcom these days after the whole UMvC3 bs. SCV isn't that much better off considering how little Namco listens(I know I can't be the only one that has been clamoring for an update to allow more than just 50 custom characters and more DLC). So I'm hoping NRS and Injustice can give me a good fighting game. They already have some of my favorite heroes/heroines(Batman, Wonder Woman, and Green Arrow is quickly becoming a fav), so why shouldn't I want Raven? I'd also like them to hurry up and confirm Hawkgirl as well. And Martian Manhunter for crying out loud.

Also, I think Red Hood would make an interesting addition to the villain side, as would many other Batman villains. Gotham has its share of dangerous psychotics. And one can argue that Deathstroke makes up the villain for Nightwing and Cyborg considering Deathstroke's ongoing feud with the Titans. But Wonder Woman and Flash have yet to have villains confirmed.
Cashcom died for me after the entire SFxT story, where the full game costs around 140$, which is plain and simple ridiculous.

Can't say that Namco is much better when it comes to SCV. The game killed off a lot of fan-favorite characters to come up with a bunch of whiny, dislikeable characters, who were mere shadows of the old ones. That alongside the fact that there are a bunch of copycat-characters and that you have few with basically the same fighting style, because of the same weapon ... makes it kinda a bummer.

I do agree that NRS is making things differently and that they're trying to provide as much content as possible for the customers money, which I respect a lot.
I guess some of you realized that I like to troll and flame, but when it comes to NRS, they have my full support.

And yeah, I would like to see Red Hood in the game, since he is my boy after all, but I know that it would be a better move for the sake of the entire game to come up with characters like Poison Ivy, Clayface and Scarecrow (if we stick to the Batman side) to offer the players a better experience.
Story wise I don't see Red Hood adding much to the game and I also don't see him adding much to the villains side, since Batman already has his biggest two nemesis...es?

I have the same concernes for Raven. I know that she has a lot of abilities, but I see Circe for example being superior, because she has even more. Additionally she is a villain + she is someone from the WW side of DC. If we don't get a playable Ares it wouldn't look like WW would have an playable enemy in the game, which would be a pity.

Well, there are still only 7 villains revealed, so there's still plenty of breathing room on that side of the roster. My biggest thing is...well, aside from Wonder Woman, Harley, and Catwoman, the current playable roster is a sausage fest. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they announced Aquaman, especially in the way they did. But I would've much preferred confirmation of either Raven or Hawkgirl, especially since Hawkgirl has now been in two trailers. But then, they actually hinted at Aquaman way back in the ComiCon trailer. We just didn't realize it at the time.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Raven would be so dope to play in Injustice. Telekinetic moves like Ermac, flies around and uses her psychic powers. Can't wait to see her official reveal, which is no doubt coming. For her super, she could get into the mind of her opponent to transport them into another dimension to get F'd up by her angry daddy, Trigon.

She was awesome in DC Universe Online. I'd consider her omission from the roster to be a lost opportunity.

SLy

Noob
I really do hope Green Lantern story trailer is up next also. I need to see Sinestro with my own eyes upclose

I forgot what you wrote, but if I made such a point, where I only wrote one word, then the point should be obvious, since I usually write a lot to explain myself.
No, saying "Bane" to what you quoted makes zero sense because I was talking about Red hood vs Raven, and that instead of blind hate, you should discuss why your character makes more sense for plot development. That could make interesting conversation.

But instead you just use pointless logic that could be applied to any character.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
No, saying "Bane" to what you quoted makes zero sense because I was talking about Red hood vs Raven, and that instead of blind hate, you should discuss why your character makes more sense for plot development. That could make interesting conversation.

But instead you just use pointless logic that could be applied to any character.
i think he was saying that bane probably doesn't add to the story very much.

i think he was saying that bane probably doesn't add to the story very much.
ok...?

he's already confirmed so what's the point of debating whether or not he should be in?

Not sure how that makes sense if that's the case.

He completely missed my point if that's what he ment.

Yeah, what Ryx said.

I just rechecked what you wrote and "Bane" makes perfect sense to me.
We have someone like Bane in the game who basically doesn't add ANYTHING to the story / plot development. Or at least he shouldn't do it, judging by his place in the DC comics. Neither should Raven, since she is not important, so using the plot development (which we don't know anything about, so it would be pure speculation) is meaningless.

What we can talk about is the specific place the character has in the entire roster and as I mentioned it so many times ... Circe would deserve the place over Raven, since Circe would be an additional villain (Wonder Womans rogue gallery, if Ares isn't playable); she would have more abilities to offer, because of her magic spells, which are basically reality warping and her ability to transform opponents into animals and stuff like that.

Yeah, what Ryx said.

I just rechecked what you wrote and "Bane" makes perfect sense to me.
We have someone like Bane in the game who basically doesn't add ANYTHING to the story / plot development. Or at least he shouldn't do it, judging by his place in the DC comics. Neither should Raven, since she is not important, so using the plot development (which we don't know anything about, so it would be pure speculation) is meaningless.

What we can talk about is the specific place the character has in the entire roster and as I mentioned it so many times ... Circe would deserve the place over Raven, since Circe would be an additional villain (Wonder Womans rogue gallery, if Ares isn't playable); she would have more abilities to offer, because of her magic spells, which are basically reality warping and her ability to transform opponents into animals and stuff like that.

Right, but I ment unconfirmed characters.

Of course people who have little plot significance will make the cut, because of popularity= more money.

But how can we say Bane gives zero to the plot when we don't know the full plot yet?

I agree that by an outside look, he will probably be the sidekick guy to a team.

but on the same token, that's what I ment by debating why someone might deserve a slot, and why.

I'm just saying I think that deserves discussion over your

"LOL WHAT IF RAVEN IS LOW TIER AND YOU GUYS HATE HER?"

what is the point of speculating that? you could do that for any character"

Right, but I ment unconfirmed characters.
Of course people who have little plot significance will make the cut, because of popularity= more money.
But how can we say Bane gives zero to the plot when we don't know the full plot yet?
I agree that by an outside look, he will probably be the sidekick guy to a team.
but on the same token, that's what I ment by debating why someone might deserve a slot, and why.
I'm just saying I think that deserves discussion over your
"LOL WHAT IF RAVEN IS LOW TIER AND YOU GUYS HATE HER?"
what is the point of speculating that? you could do that for any character"
Well, Bane is probably in the game, just because of Dark Knight Rises. The companies saw the opportunity to attract more people, so they took it, since Bane means potential sales, if he became a fan favorite for some people who enjoyed him in the movie.

You're right, there is nothing we know about the plot, so we can't actually use the story to make characters like Bane look bad, but at the same time we can't use the story to support characters like Raven, since we don't know anything about the story. It's a gray area. You can discuss about it as much as you want, but when the game comes out chances are high that everything will be a lot different than you would have expected it from the story to be.

That's the reason why I don't use the story to support characters. My only arguments to support characters are:
1) the way they would play,
2) uniqueness,
3) looks.

Judging by these points, I would have prefered Swamp Thing over Bane in the game, but I don't wonder that we have Bane in the game, since he means more money than Swamp Thing - for the developers.
That's also a reason why I rather expect to see a playable Raven and not a playable Circe.

I wish NRS would have never said something about having characters that no one knows in the game, since that set my hopes high that they would actually really come up with some rather unknown characters, but maybe it's just me, because I know a lot about comic books, so I know most of the characters.

That's the ultimate reason why I would prefer other characters over Raven. She is not important to the final roster of the game. I understand that she is important to her fanbois, but if they would care about the game, they would also be fine with having someone else instead of her, yet they go crazy in nearly every single thread, when it comes to Raven.
I love the Red Hood, but I would be fine with other characters who deserve the spot over him.

And I think that chances are high that people, who are really into fighting games, since we are on Testyourmight and not Comicvine - will drop Raven IF she is a low tier character and stick to better characters, while I would stick with Red Hood out of character loyalty.
I don't like hypocrites and seeing someone writing about Raven in every single thread makes me nuts, because that same person could the be the first person to drop the character and play someone from the highest tier.

Is that going to happen? Who knows.
But if it does, these people won't care about Raven in the game anymore and I'll be left behind with a character that I don't give a **** about and who doesn't add anything to the roster.

Well, Bane is probably in the game, just because of Dark Knight Rises. The companies saw the opportunity to attract more people, so they took it, since Bane means potential sales, if he became a fan favorite for some people who enjoyed him in the movie.

You're right, there is nothing we know about the plot, so we can't actually use the story to make characters like Bane look bad, but at the same time we can't use the story to support characters like Raven, since we don't know anything about the story. It's a gray area. You can discuss about it as much as you want, but when the game comes out chances are high that everything will be a lot different than you would have expected it from the story to be.

That's the reason why I don't use the story to support characters. My only arguments to support characters are:
1) the way they would play,
2) uniqueness,
3) looks.

Judging by these points, I would have prefered Swamp Thing over Bane in the game, but I don't wonder that we have Bane in the game, since he means more money than Swamp Thing - for the developers.
That's also a reason why I rather expect to see a playable Raven and not a playable Circe.

I wish NRS would have never said something about having characters that no one knows in the game, since that set my hopes high that they would actually really come up with some rather unknown characters, but maybe it's just me, because I know a lot about comic books, so I know most of the characters.

That's the ultimate reason why I would prefer other characters over Raven. She is not important to the final roster of the game. I understand that she is important to her fanbois, but if they would care about the game, they would also be fine with having someone else instead of her, yet they go crazy in nearly every single thread, when it comes to Raven.
I love the Red Hood, but I would be fine with other characters who deserve the spot over him.

And I think that chances are high that people, who are really into fighting games, since we are on Testyourmight and not Comicvine - will drop Raven IF she is a low tier character and stick to better characters, while I would stick with Red Hood out of character loyalty.
I don't like hypocrites and seeing someone writing about Raven in every single thread makes me nuts, because that same person could the be the first person to drop the character and play someone from the highest tier.

Is that going to happen? Who knows.
But if it does, these people won't care about Raven in the game anymore and I'll be left behind with a character that I don't give a **** about and who doesn't add anything to the roster.

I don't necessarily disagree with any of this.

but this post is by far the most constructive one I've read of yours. but i've only been reading your posts the last couple of days. And only here and there.

I still disagree about the low-tier thing. I mean look at Jade in Mk9. She has a decent following for how terrible she is in the game... AND her story isn't even that good.

But when you make that example I'm guessing you're aiming that more at Kano/Sheeva/Stryker and how little they are represented despite people's first impressions of stryker "being cool."

We know a good chunk of what the plot is most likely leaning towards so it's not completely untouchable to speculation.

Like based on the plot, people make really good arguments for why Ares should be in the game. And how he would add to the plot being the God of War.

And if someone were to discuss to me why he's in over say, "Killer Croc" i'd totally agree despite me knowing who killer croc is better and liking him more over Ares mainly because I don't know Ares that well.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
i'd just like to say that i've used Noob Saibot since day 1

don't give no fucks about raven's tier placement.

Killzone I get where you're coming from with the obscure and unknown characters but they don't bring in the money like characters who have been successful for a long time, or become VERY well-known amongst casual fans(Bane) recently. I'd have loved if NRS could pull off a big cast so there'd be more room and everybody would be happy but I don't think they could do it.

I think Raven has really high chances of being in the game on launch and is probably guaranteed for DLC otherwise considering the fan demand for her. I really don't care how she affects the story(or most characters for that matter) as much as I will care about how she plays and whether or not I'm comfortable with it/can adapt to using it. I feel like she, along with the Batman characters mentioned before(and a few more obscure characters) would be able to provide a more unique experience for a truly fresh fighting game, but we can only hope they come as DLC.

It's not like more money for the devs is a bad thing, though; more money means more money to put into a new game, which hopefully means a bigger and better game. :D

i'd just like to say that i've used Noob Saibot since day 1

don't give no fucks about raven's tier placement.

Killzone I get where you're coming from with the obscure and unknown characters but they don't bring in the money like characters who have been successful for a long time, or become VERY well-known amongst casual fans(Bane) recently. I'd have loved if NRS could pull off a big cast so there'd be more room and everybody would be happy but I don't think they could do it.

I think Raven has really high chances of being in the game on launch and is probably guaranteed for DLC otherwise considering the fan demand for her. I really don't care how she affects the story(or most characters for that matter) as much as I will care about how she plays and whether or not I'm comfortable with it/can adapt to using it. I feel like she, along with the Batman characters mentioned before(and a few more obscure characters) would be able to provide a more unique experience for a truly fresh fighting game, but we can only hope they come as DLC.

It's not like more money for the devs is a bad thing, though; more money means more money to put into a new game, which hopefully means a bigger and better game. :D
funny thing about Bane,

I read some of those comments on youtube of Batman vs Bane in the Injustice fight video.

and some people were like "why is Bane so big?"

yep... some people only know him from the movie lol

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

Again, there is not gonna be a tremendous increase of sales from a Bane or the like. Superman, Batman, Joker, Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern; those are your sellers, as long as those six are in the game then casuals will buy.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Again, there is not gonna be a tremendous increase of sales from a Bane or the like. Superman, Batman, Joker, Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern; those are your sellers, as long as those six are in the game then casuals will buy.
I was comparing Bane to a character like Swamp Thing. Casuals are generally going to prefer Bane. That's all. :)

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I was comparing Bane to a character like Swamp Thing. Casuals are generally going to prefer Bane. That's all. :)

This is true but let's say Bane brings in an extra 3,000 buyers to Swamp Thing's 500. Simply having Swamp Thing in the game gives him exposure and interest so that he may get on the level of other "B tier" known heroes.

Reactions: RYX
This is true but let's say Bane brings in an extra 3,000 buyers to Swamp Thing's 500. Simply having Swamp Thing in the game gives him exposure and interest so that he may get on the level of other "B tier" known heroes.

thing is I think really out there choices for people who aren't even in this universe will bring in more buyers than Bane. I mean could anyone find more than like 5 guys, that would completely not buy it only because Bane isn't in it?

While someone like Swamp Thing/V from V for Vendetta/Watchmen randomly for DLC would actually bring it people outside of the main interest for the justice league world.

I know people who bought MK literally because Kratos is in it -.-; and the reasoning for that is because he's not a MK character.