What's new

Injustice General Discussion

Based on how Grodd looks in the picture I'm assuming that he'll be a background character similar to Dare Devil on the UMvC3 stage or Shao Kahn in MK9, but will come in as DLC later.

Hopefully, it's because the rest of the world has gone to shit thanks to the new regime and there's a dystopic society out in the world where Grodd is king and Animal Man and Swamp Thing are trying to regain order (please)
I seriously doubt that. There's no way Grodd would appear in the crossword and not be relevant to the plot as a playable character. Also, he's heavily stylized. The armor he has on in the New 52 is drastically different from this almost Roman-looking armor. If he's DLC, I'm gonna laugh so hard.

Only thing I see is a person that doesn´t like Raven does his personal grudge color his judgement yes much like many of the BA fan are.

But I agree with Killzone if we take a look at know magic caster then there are people that can fit the role of a magic caster such as Zatanna, Fate Circe but the question is who fit the story the best and who will sell the most copies it doesn´t matter if they be playing a month after the release as long they buy the game.

Personally, I don't see why so many people want Zatanna, a caster who has to not only take TIME to cast her spells, but has to talk backwards to do it.

SLy

Noob
He doesn't want her in the game for background purposes..Its understandable as a DC fan.

But a lot of people playing the game doesn't care to much for all of that.. All we know is.
1. She was Awesome in Teen Titans animation
2. She Looks Cool
3. Has cool powers
4. Would be a good fighter for a Fighting Videogame

Everything else is irrelevant. You are wasting your time trying to make everyone else see why she shouldn't be in game.

Personally, I don't see why so many people want Zatanna, a caster who has to not only take TIME to cast her spells, but has to talk backwards to do it.
Son, it's a video game?

Besides that, Zatanna is trained in her magic. She can speak her spells out faster than Harley Quinn can use gadgets.
And no, that weird PIS moment in comics, where Deathstroke traps her, while defeating Flash, Green Lantern and a bunch of other powerful JL members doesn't count.

And no, not even Zatanna would be the best choice - At least in my opinon. We were promissed unknown characters and so far I don't see that many of them. I actually don't even see one unknown character, even though I do understand that most of the people who never had a comic book in their hand don't know who Solomon Grundy is, but because OF THAT TEEN TITANS SHOW ... everyone should know Raven.

So one more character that everyone knows, who steals the spot of a different, lesser known character like for example Circe as a:
a) female character with spell casting and summoning,
b) villain overall,
e) Wonder Woman rogue gallery villain.

And that brings up another hole in your "argument" against Raven. You keep saying Circe would be a better choice for a magic caster. Why should there only be one magic caster in the game? Raven will be on the hero side. Circe, if she's in, would be on the villain side. Now, this I will say. There NEEDS to be more villains announced. There have been an absurd number of heroes announced compared to villains.

Reactions: SLy
But who are the lesser know DC charater that something NRS have decided, I had never heard of Black Adam or Shazam before injustice does that make them lesser know ? And I only know of Raven because of the TT show it all depends on how NRS define when characters are well know and when they are lesser know.

SLy

Noob
Hawkgirl was the one that took out grundy right..Whats the story behind that? How do they know eachother anyway?

And that brings up another hole in your "argument" against Raven. You keep saying Circe would be a better choice for a magic caster. Why should there only be one magic caster in the game? Raven will be on the hero side. Circe, if she's in, would be on the villain side. Now, this I will say. There NEEDS to be more villains announced. There have been an absurd number of heroes announced compared to villains.
Circe would be my number one priority.
Would I really want to have Raven as a second spell caster, who uses different spells and stuff like that, if I could have someone like Plastic Man instead, who uses an entirely new set of powers, which gives me a totally new way to play - something that Raven wouldn't do?

No, I wouldn't take Raven in that place. I would rather take Plastic Man.
But hey, this is all only my own personal opinion. I'm not insulting you and saying that you're a bad person, because you want Raven in the game.
It's your own thing if you like the character and I understand it, since I would also rather have Red Hood in the game, because he is my favorite DC character, even though he could play as Deathstroke already does.
But for now Red Hood isn't in the game and I don't talk about him, so I plan to main Nightwing, since he is my second favorite character.

But Raven? I personally don't want her in the game, because more variety can be added to the game. That is my point. Everyone who has to quote me on that is just butthurt, because I'm nay-saying stuff about a character he / she / it likes. I don't take that personal either, I just state my opinion.

But who are the lesser know DC charater that something NRS have decided, I had never heard of Black Adam or Shazam before injustice does that make them lesser know ? And I only know of Raven because of the TT show it all depends on how NRS define when characters are well know and when they are lesser know.
You say that because you never read a comic book or watched a DC show.
For example, could you come up with 24 DC characters that you know, while keeping a good amount of variety?

But that's the main point. I'm going to main Nightwing, because he is alongside Red Hood my favorite DC character.
I know for a fact that there are more than enough people who now want Raven in the game, but when the game comes out and they try her; they'll be like: "OH FUCK MAN, SHE IS NOTHING LIKE IN THAT TEEN TITANS SHOW I HAVE SO MANY GOOD MEMORIES ABOUT!!!"
This isn't Injustice: Gods Among Us for Killzone.

What if Nightwing ends up being out of character, "he's nothing like in the comics! that I have so many good memories about!!"
your points here are made up worse case scenarios for a character you don't like.

You're jumping to an awful lot of conclusions about a character you don't like, and funny how it's all negative conclusions. But then go on to talk about your bias for Red Hood and Nightwing.

Why can't you hold the position that. Oh alot of people like Raven? well I hope she turns out good and interesting and lives up to their expecations. Now let me find some more Red-Hood fans to hype up the character I like.

I don't care about Red-Hood. He's a pretty cool character but I personally would also like a different character in compared to him.

don't let the "limited roster" number start making people turn on eachother's likes/dislikes. People start end up "hating on characters" because they fear if one character gets too much hype thier "unlikely character" will have an even lesser chance.

Popularity/plot wins. If it makes sense for plot reasons, or sales. It's gonna get in, so it makes sense for ANYONE who wants their character in to make noise. and you should look from their point of view. As well as they should look from yours.

That's the problem people have these days they are so tunnel visioned on their own view you can't feel for other people.

for the record I don't care if Raven makes it in or not. But If she does I'll be happy for the people who like her, and I hope she's interesting.

But hey, this is all only my own personal opinion. I'm not insulting you and saying that you're a bad person, because you want Raven in the game.

But Raven? I personally don't want her in the game, because more variety can be added to the game. That is my point. Everyone who has to quote me on that is just butthurt, because I'm nay-saying stuff about a character he / she / it likes. I don't take that personal either, I just state my opinion.
My problem with your criticisms is your stance that people only like her because of the "childish" show. Fans of the show don't consider it childish. It had good stories and character development, especially considering most of the shows being shown around that time. And I actually read up on Raven's comic incarnation BECAUSE of the show, and I still think she's a very interesting character. That's like saying you wouldn't want Aquaman because of how pathetic he was in the Super Friends.

trufenix

bye felicia
alright fine, your post boils down to "I like my character more than you like yours." And thats it. You follow it up with the same pointless analysis as every other person has been giving for their character since the game was announced.

Here's some of my favorites:
"Your characters powers are stupid."
"Your character doesn't fit the plot."
"Your character doesn't fit the aesthetic ."
"Your character doesn't actually exist."

and the one you just used;
"You don't/nobody actually like this character."

Look, we all know not everybody is going to get in the game and some people are just gonna have to hold that shit when it comes to their favorite characters, but to sit here and act like your insane defense for a character like Red Hood or Sentry or anybody else is more relevant or just than someone elses insane defense of Raven or Beast Boy is fucking retarded when it comes to determining a fighting game roster. In the end, all that matters is how good they play and it doesn't matter if the character is Superman or Matter-Eater Lad if its a character they don't fucking like, or don't have any ideas for, they don't belong in the game.

The beautiful thing about MK9 (and NRS in general) is that they can make really interesting and fun to play characters from pretty skimpy stock. Characters like Reptile and Jade and even Smoke who's original shtick was no deeper than a single word or phrase have blossomed into beloved members of the cast. In MK9, people got over Human Smoke, Cyber Sub, and even Freddy after finally getting their hands on them, and even the "shittier" characters like Baraka and Sheeva had enough depth to be valid members of the cast.

My problem with your criticisms is your stance that people only like her because of the "childish" show. Fans of the show don't consider it childish. It had good stories and character development, especially considering most of the shows being shown around that time. And I actually read up on Raven's comic incarnation BECAUSE of the show, and I still think she's a very interesting character. That's like saying you wouldn't want Aquaman because of how pathetic he was in the Super Friends.
I tend to talk about Nightwing and Red Hood, because I consumed everything regarding these two. Nearly every single comic, animated apperance and so on.

Can I say the same for all the other people here, who somestimes do lack the comic book knowledge as I see it over and over again?
No, I can't and I also don't expect them to, because this is a fighting game forum and Injustice is a fighting game being made by NRS, a developer that has many followers here.

So how high is the chance that many of you want Raven in the game, just because you're attached to the Teen Titans show, without knowing that much about comics? The chance is pretty damn high.
And how high is the chance that you will drop Raven, when you realize that she isn't that good of a character in the game (if that happens), simply because you don't relate to her as much as I do to Nightwing and Red Hood? Tier jumping is common in fighting games, so ... the chance is there.

And then we're all left with that one character who is only there, because so many people wanted her from the beginning and were willing to buy the game just because of her (which is actually very stupid reason and probably doesn't apply for anyone).

We're left with Raven and the game lacks actually unknown characters who were promissed us at the beginning of the marketing for the game. And that is a pity.
We're left with Raven, yet another "I shoot a laser beam at you" character, even though we could have someone with a completely unique play style like Scarecrow, even though he is a Batman character and the game is supposed to be sooooo oversaturated with them at the moment.

Well, I personally don't plan on "maining" anyone. Most often in fighting games, I try to play as all characters.

I personally wouldn't mind Red Hood in the game, but I'd also like Batgirl as well, and there are a lot of Batman characters in the game.

As for unknowns, I've always felt Swamp Thing should get more recognition.

Uh, guys. All this arguing aside, you realize Raven is in the game, right? She is confirmed to appear. Do you really think they'd pass up on a character like Raven to be playable? I don't think so. Just because the Raven in Injustice may not be exactly the same as the Raven from the Teen Titans animated series (which by the way, was not terrible. It was one of the first DC shows I watched and it certainly was fantastic) doesn't mean fans of Animated Series Raven won't like Injustice Raven. That's absurd. I'm sure there will be some, but the majority will still love Raven because they can realize that its still the same character.

Reactions: SLy

SLy

Noob
So how high is the chance that many of you want Raven in the game, just because you're attached to the Teen Titans show, without knowing that much about comics? The chance is pretty damn high.
And how high is the chance that you will drop Raven, when you realize that she isn't that good of a character in the game (if that happens), simply because you don't relate to her as much as I do to Nightwing and Red Hood? .
The main things that cause these discussions between Hardcore fans and casual fans is quotes like this. You gotta understand that no ones goes that indepth into the characters when playing these games. No one cares about being able to relate to characters. We have enough mainstream characters in this roster that'll do the job for the hardcore fans. Not every character has to relate to people in real life.

As long as she pans out as a balanced and good character is all people really care about. Why do you keep trying to convince fans otherwise?

trufenix

bye felicia
And how high is the chance that you will drop Raven, when you realize that she isn't that good of a character in the game (if that happens), simply because you don't relate to her as much as I do to Nightwing and Red Hood? Tier jumping is common in fighting games, so ... the chance is there.
Who are you to judge why a person likes something when you just used "I obsess over Robin clones" as a personal validation? You think because you KNOW Red Hood better than I know Captain Boomerang that makes you some expert on who should b in the game?

There are tons of people out there who are only going to pick Batman, Bane, and Catwoman (or buy the game at all) because they saw their wildly innacurate portrayals in some super popular movie last year. Do they somehow have less right to pick their characters because they aren't fully licensed purists like yourself?

The main things that cause these discussions between Hardcore fans and casual fans is quotes like this. You gotta understand that no ones goes that indepth into the characters when playing these games. No one cares about being able to relate to characters. We have enough mainstream characters in this roster that'll do the job for the hardcore fans. Not every character has to relate to people in real life.
As long as she pans out as a balanced and good character is all people really care about. Why do you keep trying to convince fans otherwise?
I already answered that in the text.
This is not about Raven as a comic book character, but her as a character in a fighting game.
If people realize that she is not playable, because she is Sheeva tier, for what ever reason ... they will drop her and play someone else. No fucks will be given.
We will be left behind with a character like Raven, even though we could have had more variety in the roster by adding someone who is more unknown, as we were promissed at the beginning. Circe would be a good choice.

I don't share that opinion only for Raven. I have the feeling that Bane is only in the game, because of Dark Knight Rises.
Bane seems to be a grappler and that's a good thing, but I would have prefered Swamp Thing as a grappler with additional powers to add more variety to the roster.
Do I prefer Swamp Thing over Bane as a character? No, but I do prefer him over Bane as a fighting game character, for sake of the diversity, because Swamp Thing would add more to the entire roster. And that for me is a good enough reason to hold onto that argument and not take people seriously, who would rather take Bane, because they liked him and his silly mask in Dark Knight Rises, just the way I'm not taking Teen Titans show fans seriously, who liked the goofy emo Raven from the show, but not that much to actually stick to here later on, which would be hypocrisy in the end of the day.

SLy

Noob
I already answered that in the text.
This is not about Raven as a comic book character, but her as a character in a fighting game.
If people realize that she is not playable, because she is Sheeva tier, for what ever reason ... they will drop her and play someone else. No fucks will be given..
So you are saying "If" she was in the game and happened to be the worst character in the game. Because of her character and relevance to everybody else..No one would pick her up and care for her anymore correct?