What's new

Injustice General Discussion

So you are saying "If" she was in the game and happened to be the worst character in the game. Because of her character and relevance to everybody else..No one would pick her up and care for her anymore correct?
I'm saying that instead of Raven we could have one more villain like Circe, who is lesser known and can also play a huge part in the story.
I'm saying that instead of Raven as a hero, we could have someone like Plastic Man (who won't be in the game) who would offer us new mechanics and new tech.

Even if all these three characters would be in the game and they would all be garbage tier, people who are good enough to proceed in the rankings would probably not give a shit about them. Including Raven.
Why? Because their fanboiysm is superficial, because of the Teen Titans show.

I don't consider the people here on these forums as casuals, who will buy the game JUST because they saw the game features Batman, Catwoman & Bane (hi @ truefenix), or Raven (hi @ everyone else).
I consider them as people who take fighting games seriously and will do what it takes to compete on a higher level. And playing a low tier character, just because of character royalty? I don't expect that to happen and that's where it becomes hypocrisy. Right now you're defending Raven, but you probably won't be doing it, if she turns out to be garbage.
Why? Because you probably don't relate to her that much.

But now it looks like you do relate to her and you want her so bad in the game, while blocking the possibilities of BETTER characters for the roster, since a wasted spot is a wasted spot and Raven is in my eyes a wasted spot, because at the moment we only have well known characters in the roster (coming from a comic book fans perspective).
You're all biased and that's my problem. You flame me for having an absurd opinion, but I'm the one who says that he is willing to play the game without his most favorite DC character in it, simply for the sake of the roster of the entire game.

That my friends is ... sacrifice!
I'm doing it all for your, party people!

Tofer Booboo

Anything could happen
Many people play characters regardless of their spot in a tier list, sure some people go to higher tiered characters to win a match up, but there have been many situations where a person would refuse to go into high tier because they want to be recognized as someone who main'd a character they loved.
You sound like an elitest.

I don't play based on tiers. I play because I like a character. I like almost all DC characters so I'll probably skip around. Its not really about the gameplay for me. If I like a character enough, I'll find a way to use the character.

JJocelot

Don't give up!
Yeah, I just play who looks cool. I mean I suck so much it doesn't matter if I main high tier or low tier I'll still lose anyways, lol...

I'm saying that instead of Raven we could have one more villain like Circe, who is lesser known and can also play a huge part in the story.
I'm saying that instead of Raven as a hero, we could have someone like Plastic Man (who won't be in the game) who would offer us new mechanics and new tech.

Even if all these three characters would be in the game and they would all be garbage tier, people who are good enough to proceed in the rankings would probably not give a shit about them. Including Raven.
Why? Because their fanboiysm is superficial, because of the Teen Titans show.

I don't consider the people here on these forums as casuals, who will buy the game JUST because they saw the game features Batman, Catwoman & Bane (hi @ truefenix), or Raven (hi @ everyone else).
I consider them as people who take fighting games seriously and will do what it takes to compete on a higher level. And playing a low tier character, just because of character royalty? I don't expect that to happen and that's where it becomes hypocrisy. Right now you're defending Raven, but you probably won't be doing it, if she turns out to be garbage.
Why? Because you probably don't relate to her that much.

But now it looks like you do relate to her and you want her so bad in the game, while blocking the possibilities of BETTER characters for the roster, since a wasted spot is a wasted spot and Raven is in my eyes a wasted spot, because at the moment we only have well known characters in the roster (coming from a comic book fans perspective).
You're all biased and that's my problem. You flame me for having an absurd opinion, but I'm the one who says that he is willing to play the game without his most favorite DC character in it, simply for the sake of the roster of the entire game.

That my friends is ... sacrifice!
I'm doing it all for your, party people!

why do you constantly make it out like she's gonna be low tier?

couldn't everything you just said be applied to your beloved characters?

you're constantly making it out to be the worse case scenario for Raven. And honestly it doesn't serve your argument any ground.

If you want to make an argument that someone else deserves the roster, you should at the very least do the honor of mentioning a plot development said character can add, so people can have a interesting plot discussion about who would better in popularity make the story good.

Instead we get just blind character hate.

I mean I'm not even a Raven fan, and I am saying these things because your arguments make no sense.

If you want to make an argument that someone else deserves the roster, you should at the very least do the honor of mentioning a plot development said character can add, so people can have a interesting plot discussion about who would better in popularity make the story good.
Bane.

Tofer Booboo

Anything could happen
Boon said himself he is going to have characters in that are going to be FOR the story and some that he just wants in because.

Boon said himself he is going to have characters in that are going to be FOR the story and some that he just wants in because.
Ed Boon is not the person with the most authority when it comes to Injustice. It's not hard to believe that DC and WB have more to say than Ed Boon, because of all the license issues.

And yes, Bane can't be that much of a big deal in the story and it should be obvious that he is only there, because of Dark Knight Rises. I'll always say that Swamp Thing would have been better as an additional grappler (+ Swamp Things powers > Banes Venom).
Raven ... I don't mind her being in the game. I would still like Circe more, because she is a villain who can do the same stuff as Raven and even more and Circe is also a WW villain, but for now it looks like Ares could be playable, so he is the WW villain. Still ... there are better choices than Raven, and yes, there are also better choices than Red Hood, even though I like him.

The difference is that I'm willing to admit and accept that, while most of the Raven fanbois over here go nuts when it comes to that character.

Tofer Booboo

Anything could happen
Well of course they are going crazy, they want a character they love to be in a video game so they can play as that character.
You criticize them about over reacting, but you JUST finish saying "The difference is I'm willing to accept that," but posted a video that makes you hope Red hood is in the game. Lmao, which are you?
It's not a bad thing to be a fanboy for your favorite character and to want them to be in the game.

You criticize them about over reacting, but you JUST finish saying "The difference is I'm willing to accept that," but posted a video that makes you hope Red hood is in the game. Lmao, which are you?
It's not a bad thing to be a fanboy for your favorite character and to want them to be in the game.
That video included a possible, interesting hint, if we take a look at the teasers Ed Boon likes to leave.

That was basically one of 4 or 5 posts I ever made regarding Red Hood, even though I probably love the character more than all of the other people on this entire board love Raven all together.
And I'm still the one who admits that there are better picks for the final roster in this game than Red Hood, while all the other people here, who fanwank Raven into oblivion come up with her name in basically every single thread regarding the roster... Raven this, Raven that.

That annoys me and I don't ignore it unfortunately. If I annoy you, feel free to ignore me, or flame me - I'm fine with both scenarios.

And one more thing:
The Raven-lovers on this board are in my eyes exactly the same as the Mega Man kids, who went full retard after they realized that Mega Man wouldn't be in MVC3 / UMVC3.
"I'M NOT BUYING MVC3, BECAUSE MEGA MAN ISN'T IN" is as stupid as saying: "DAY 1 / INSTA PRE-ORDER IF RAVEN IS IN!" ... at least in my opinion.
And you know what's the funny thing? When you play MVC2 you barely never see someone using Mega Man, because the character is average at best in that game.

Tofer Booboo

Anything could happen
I am not saying you annoy me, I am telling you that it is okay to be a fanboy and act stupid sometimes because you are excited for someone you like to be playable.
What is better than reading or watching your favorite character?
Playing as them or being them.
Sure it is a annoying sometimes, and I completely agree with you. But, it is a hype game, and people will be hyped.

Speaking of Red Hood ...
Does this mean that Red Hood is in the game and that Jensen Ackles will be voicing him?

I'm not a supporter of Red Hood but that is kind of an odd response. He paused, seemed to be a little flustered, then randomly transitioned to voice actors when nobody had asked him any questions about voice acting. Maybe he made a connection in his head between Jason Todd and voice actors.

The Raven-lovers on this board are in my eyes exactly the same as the Mega Man kids, who went full retard after they realized that Mega Man wouldn't be in MVC3 / UMVC3.
I called that a stupid decision because Mega Man was Capcom's big name. Of course, this was before they killed two Mega Man games and then ignored him nearly completely. But then, I have very little love for Capcom these days after the whole UMvC3 bs. SCV isn't that much better off considering how little Namco listens(I know I can't be the only one that has been clamoring for an update to allow more than just 50 custom characters and more DLC). So I'm hoping NRS and Injustice can give me a good fighting game. They already have some of my favorite heroes/heroines(Batman, Wonder Woman, and Green Arrow is quickly becoming a fav), so why shouldn't I want Raven? I'd also like them to hurry up and confirm Hawkgirl as well. And Martian Manhunter for crying out loud.

Also, I think Red Hood would make an interesting addition to the villain side, as would many other Batman villains. Gotham has its share of dangerous psychotics. And one can argue that Deathstroke makes up the villain for Nightwing and Cyborg considering Deathstroke's ongoing feud with the Titans. But Wonder Woman and Flash have yet to have villains confirmed.