What's new

Injustice General Discussion

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
He's got like three other moves where he calls the bolt or lightning slams you, what the hell is everybody bitching about.
Its even a nice command grab that he can combo from.

Only problem is it doesn't sound as cool as it did in MKvsDC, but that's really a problem with this and MK9 as whole.

Everything about NRS games got so much better, but for some reason there sound design got worse, weird.

I was hoping Shazam's super would involve him pinning his opponent and yelling "Shazam!" over and over to pour lightning into his opponent. Probably good they changed it though... I just saw the below video and that strategy didn't work out for him in this fight:
JESUS! So much property damage! But first thing he did was that spinning toss that's part of Shazam's super, so at least it's not something they pulled from their ass.

Down 2

Noob
New here. I agree with Rathalos, as much as Netherrealms gets right they still don't have enough voice during the combat and the characters need some different opening quotes depending on who that character is fighting. I know it doesn't REALLY matter but the little things like that really do put the icing on the cake IMO.

trufenix

bye felicia
Its even a nice command grab that he can combo from.

Only problem is it doesn't sound as cool as it did in MKvsDC, but that's really a problem with this and MK9 as whole.

Everything about NRS games got so much better, but for some reason there sound design got worse, weird.
well, the editing in these videos is utter shit. They're sped up, they're cut, the angled segments are jarring and poinless and they're run through youtubes shitty encoding and framerate. I am confident when get it running on a real console on a real tv with a real system attached its gonna be pretty impressive. MK9 sure as shit looks, feels, and sounds a lot better live than it does in a youtube vid.

edit: in fact, rewatching them now on a computer thats much stronger, at 420 or higher you can really see just how obnoxiously sped up these vids are. Flash v Shazam in particular at times looks like its almost being played on fast forward. You have to wonder if this was intentional, or another technical glitch, or just side effect of the youtubing process. I hope they didn't needlessly bump the games framerate up like this.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I was watching the Injustice Battle Arena Announcement, and when they show the celebrities I saw three men in the Teen Titans cast. One of them is clearly Khary Payton (Cyborg), and I have no doubt that the one in the right is Scott Menville (Robin), however, seems like he's not voicing Nightwing (according to IMDB). The third guy in the middle, seems to be Greg Cipes (Beast Boy), so... there is a chance for Garfield Logan in this game? :)

I dunno, but them being part of it makes me think that we're going to see at least one Titan on the tournament. Or they could be talking about Deathstroke.

I was watching the Injustice Battle Arena Announcement, and when they show the celebrities I saw three men in the Teen Titans cast. One of them is clearly Khary Payton (Cyborg), and I have no doubt that the one in the right is Scott Menville (Robin), however, seems like he's not voicing Nightwing (according to IMDB). The third guy in the middle, seems to be Greg Cipes (Beast Boy), so... there is a chance for Garfield Logan in this game? :)
It seems like atleast one of the brackets will be dedicated to teen titan since they have most of the cast from the teen titans

Cybor, Robin( now know as nightwing), beastboy and the voice acter of Raven(Tara Strong voice acter of Harley in Injustice)

So if Raven does not shown here she most likely won´t be playable since she the last person to have a full brackets with only teen titans character my guess is.

Deathstroke vs Nightwing
Cyborg vs Raven

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I know it doesn't meant anything, but maybe he could be DLC :3

Paradoxxs I don't know, but seems that Tara Strong and Wayne Brady have their own segments, so it will not surprise me if she isn't with the rest of the Teen Titans guys.

So if Raven does not shown here she most likely won´t be playable since she the last person to have a full brackets with only teen titans character my guess is.
That's not necessarily true. There ARE only 16 slots in the tournament. If the final roster is 24(which is currently the suspected minimum roster number), then there will be 8 characters NOT featured at all. Just because they don't appear in Battle Arena isn't a reason to count them out.

Beast boy will not happen ever.
If not, that's a damn shame because they could do SO much with him.

That's not necessarily true. There ARE only 16 slots in the tournament. If the final roster is 24(which is currently the suspected minimum roster number), then there will be 8 characters NOT featured at all. Just because they don't appear in Battle Arena isn't a reason to count them out.

If not, that's a damn shame because they could do SO much with him.
Too much RAM.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
He's got like three other moves where he calls the bolt or lightning slams you, what the hell is everybody bitching about.
Thats the point, it shouldn't just be a thing he does, it's supposed to be dramatic and powerful, like a final attack(or super in this case).

Thats like putting Black Bolt in a MvC game and giving him 4 special moves where he actually talks.

ShowboatingPenguin

Nothing gets past the Cold Field.
My god, why do people believe anyone can be in the game? Beastboy...Really? How the hell would he even work in the game?

There's also people wanting Robin in the game. Yeah, it would be fun to watch a boy getting the crap beaten out of him by the likes of Doomsday. Seriously though people need to have a good view on this stuff, both comics and games.

My god, why do people believe anyone can be in the game? Beastboy...Really? How the hell would he even work in the game?
Easy. His character trait would transform him between different animals that he could fight as, such as a cheetah, gorilla, rhinoceros, or something like that, each one having a slightly different fighting style. Cheetah quick and weak, rhino slow and strong. His super could combine several different transformations. There's no reason Beast Boy/Changeling couldn't work in this game unless you suffer from a lack of imagination.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Easy. His character trait would transform him between different animals that he could fight as, such as a cheetah, gorilla, rhinoceros, or something like that, each one having a slightly different fighting style. Cheetah quick and weak, rhino slow and strong. His super could combine several different transformations. There's no reason Beast Boy/Changeling couldn't work in this game unless you suffer from a lack of imagination.

That's just.....alot of work. Not to mention the different hitboxes, hurt boxes, it goes on.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I am well aware of that. But I'm simply pointing out that there is a way he could work in this game.

There's literally no character that can't work if you know what you're doing, I just don't think he'll get it because the work to implement a competent movelist/specials for BB is tremendous.

ShowboatingPenguin

Nothing gets past the Cold Field.
That's not what I mean, I realize that he can fight as different animals. But how would he go through his transformations? Combos? Press a button and turn into something else? His human form should get screen time too, but he can't because he has to be an animal all the time.

Believe me, I understand how hard Beast Boy would be to do, just saying that it's ridiculous to remove him from consideration just because of that.

Oh my god. If Beast Boy's in this game, I will main him so hard and Hawkwoman. Oh my god. You have no idea. If BB's in, then we can count on Starfire as well. Teen Titans Go!

I'd say BB would transform through combos rather than gimmick button. There's really no other way to do it that works. It'd be nice to have complete control over what animal he transforms into at all times, but its simply too difficult from a developer perspective. I'd could see him having different stylized forms for his gimmick button. This is how it would work:

BB always has a default monkey/human hybrid form. If he performs certain actions, this will change what form he will change into without combos through his gimmick button. If he uses faster but weaker attacks, he will be able to turn into a cheetah/human hybrid form that has increased speed, but lower attack power. If he uses slower, but stronger attacks, he'll have a rhino/human hybrid form, which has decreased speed and higher attack power. These are mainly an aesthetic thing and he still performs his regular combos just with the stat boosts.