What's new

Injustice - Boon Hints at the Next Female Character

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Supergirl is not getting in the game, she has the same problem Robin does, she is to young, there not going to let you beat up a girl who is under 18.

Before you say anything about Batgirl, she is actually over 30 years old.
But people younger than 18 get into Fighting games

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
All those ninjas have their own unique abilities. That's what makes Mortal Kombat so great IMO.

She is? Can you explain her age a little bit further?
The way I always saw it - don't know why exactly anymore, was ... that pre new 52 Superman was always 29 years old, Batman was 40, Nightwing was 24, Tim Drake was 17. I would have placed Batgirl below 30 for sure, but when it comes to her I never had an actual number to work with.

The few others there, I kinda somewhere heard it.
But now in the new 52 they did make Batman younger I guess.
Basically DC fucked up with there reboot and half assed it and kept most of the Batman and Green lantern stuff canon, they have changed random parts here and there for no reason, like Tim drake never actually being Robin and just went straight to Red Robin, which makes no fucking sense. However they have never said anything about Babs age, just that everything about the killing joke and her being oracle for years is still Canon, so she has still be around the same age as pre 52, which was around 30+.
They may be able to shave like 5 or so years off, but she is very much not a girl. In fact, she is actually older then Batwoman by a few years.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
But people younger than 18 get into Fighting games
Ya but two different things.

This is made by a Western company who can't really get away with certain things Japan can.

Plus those other fighting games are usually not very realistic, well Injustice and most NRS games involve much more realistic gritty style, with lots of blood and body damage.

All those ninjas have their own unique abilities. That's what makes Mortal Kombat so great IMO.

She is? Can you explain her age a little bit further?
The way I always saw it - don't know why exactly anymore, was ... that pre new 52 Superman was always 29 years old, Batman was 40, Nightwing was 24, Tim Drake was 17. I would have placed Batgirl below 30 for sure, but when it comes to her I never had an actual number to work with.

The few others there, I kinda somewhere heard it.
But now in the new 52 they did make Batman younger I guess.
Who's to say the same can't apply in Injustice? They can have different movesets.

Batgirl's in her early 20s. Nightwing's in his early 20s, drake's 16 I think and Batman's in his mid to late 20s.

I base that off what I read but it might as well be conjecture. The writers at DC have done nothing but contradict each other when it comes to new 52 continuity.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Ya but two different things.

This is made by a Western company who can't really get away with certain things Japan can.

Plus those other fighting games are usually not very realistic, well Injustice and most NRS games involve much more realistic gritty style, with lots of blood and body damage.
True. Only young character in a bloody fighter that I can think of is that girl from Samurai Showdown and, like you said, Japan.

Who's to say the same can't apply in Injustice? They can have different movesets.
Having different movesets is not the same as having different powers.

Take a look at UMVC3. You had Wolverine and X-23 + Hulk and She-Hulk. Yeah, they had different movesets and played different from each other, but who in the world wouldn't have prefer completely different characters than X-23 and She-Hulk, like for example the god damn Sentry, or Venom, which would have offer you an entirely new playstyle thanks to their powers.

Yeah, Supergirl could play differently than Superman in terms of the moveset, but in the end of the day her specials would still have something to do with heat vision, freeze breath and stuff like that. The same applies for Power Girl.

Batgirl's in her early 20s. Nightwing's in his early 20s, drake's 16 I think and Batman's in his mid to late 20s.
Judging by that Batman was 16 - 17 years old, when he adopted the first Robin and started training him :confused:
Yet Batman was older than that. There he probably was in his mid 20ties and Dick Grayson got older, who is now in his mid 20ties, but that pushes the age of Batman vastly up.

Having different movesets is not the same as having different powers.

Take a look at UMVC3. You had Wolverine and X-23 + Hulk and She-Hulk. Yeah, they had different movesets and played different from each other, but who in the world wouldn't have prefer completely different characters than X-23 and She-Hulk, like for example the god damn Sentry, or Venom, which would have offer you an entirely new playstyle thanks to their powers.

Yeah, Supergirl could play differently than Superman in terms of the moveset, but in the end of the day her specials would still have something to do with heat vision, freeze breath and stuff like that. The same applies for Power Girl.

Judging by that Batman was 16 - 17 years old, when he adopted the first Robin and started training him :confused:
Yet Batman was older than that. There he probably was in his mid 20ties and Dick Grayson got older, who is now in his mid 20ties, but that pushes the age of Batman vastly up.
People who look different and have similar powers makes no difference to me than people who look the same but have different powers. Besides, supergirl isn't there just for her powers. Maybe there's a legit fan base who like the character. That's the main reason I don't have a problem with supergirl, cuz her comic isn't bad. Haven't read the last couple issues though.

New 52 made almost everyone younger. At first I thought they kept the batman mythos relatively unchanged, but they made all those characters younger too, which in turns fucks up everything. Dick Grayson was 18ish when he became robin. That's conjecture on my part, but Babs was in college when she became batgirl and I'm assuming they're about the same age. It's unlikely Batman is anymore than 30 years old.

But again, DC's terrible at this continuity stuff.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
What about Supergirl's "I am now covered in crystals" thing? Thats a whole one power Superman didn't share?
Yeah no one wants that ability to recur so forget I mentioned it.

I'd rather have a female who has her own unique powers and fighting style and is not a clone/ copy/counterpart of a man who already has said powers and fighting styles but with tits.

I would want someone like Poison Ivy cause no one else has powers like her's, men or women.

Swamp-Thing.
Okay, let me rephrase that it's not a common power. Point still stands I'd want someone who is there own unique character and not just Batman or Superman clones but "gender flipped to make it a twist".

I don't read comics but aren't Starfire's and Raven's powers for the most part exclusive to themselves?

Geoduck

Halfasser
So help me god...if Ed Boon decides to put another Batman character or female counterpart, Hell will rain upon this Earth.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Starfire has super generic powers, flight and energy projection.

Raven is empathic and controls peoples emotions and can teleport.

Supergirl is not getting in the game, she has the same problem Robin does, she is to young, there not going to let you beat up a girl who is under 18.

Before you say anything about Batgirl, she is actually over 30 years old.
You sure? I mean Soul Calibur had Talim and she was only 14 in the second game while most others are in their 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, or hell even 100's or 1,000's. I know it's a different company and rules and SC is not as well known to the general public as Superman and Batman but still....

EDIT: Nevermind, different rules with Japan and different style. -_-'

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
You sure? I mean Soul Calibur had Talim and she was only 14 in the second game while most others are in their 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, or hell even 100's or 1,000's. I know it's a different company and rules and SC is not as well known to the general public as Superman and Batman but still....
When talim gets beat up by other characters its very cartoonish, there is no character damage or blood.
Well this game isn't as bad as MK, its still very violent. No one wants to see supergirl with a blackeye and blood dripping down her face.... ok some might, but there fucked up.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
That version of batgirl is great. Everything Bruce Tim draws is gold.

If some awesome females join the cast I might start getting hype. I know you got Harley, I'm not really excited about any other characters though. Wonder woman is kinda funny I guess... idk.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo

That version of batgirl is great. Everything Bruce Tim draws is gold.

If some awesome females join the cast I might start getting hype. I know you got Harley, I'm not really excited about any other characters though. Wonder woman is kinda funny I guess... idk.

Sent from M-Class Star Freighter USCSS Nostromo
If you're talking about the cover, bruce timm didn't make that.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
When talim gets beat up by other characters its very cartoonish, there is no character damage or blood.
Well this game isn't as bad as MK, its still very violent. No one wants to see supergirl with a blackeye and blood dripping down her face.... ok some might, but there fucked up.

Why not, it happens in comics: On top of being maimed and bloodied, she's actually been killed on-screen. Hell, the Teen Titans injure big injuries on a regular basis.

Reedoms

Noob
Why not, it happens in comics: On top of being maimed and bloodied, she's actually been killed on-screen. Hell, the Teen Titans injure big injuries on a regular basis.
How many play video games and how many people read comic books?

The difference if huge.