What's new

Injustice - Boon Hints at the Next Female Character

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
As the roster for Injustice - Gods Among Us continues to grow, who else will make the final roster before DLC start being considered? We know the roster will be at least 20 and is excpected to reach around the same size as Mortal Kombat 9 or even very close to 30 characters. The last three characters to be announced: Green Arrow, Green Lantern and The Joker... where's the next female? That's where this hint comes in to play.

Ed Boon has tweeted recently a possible hint/clue, asking folks which of these three girls should make the Injustice roster? They include: Batgirl (or Gretel?), Supergirl and Power Girl.
injgirl.jpg

Source: Ed Boon via @noobde

Attachments

Omg, please. None of those. I don't need a female counterpart for the already announced male ones.

Are we still on the reveal "mainstream" bandwagon?

If I had to choose, Batgirl, because she's sexy as hell. Yummy ;). But, we have Batman.

Tolkeen

/wrists
As the roster for Injustice - Gods Among Us continues to grow, who else will make the final roster before DLC start being considered? We know the roster will be at least 20 and is excpected to reach around the same size as Mortal Kombat 9 or even very close to 30 characters. The last three characters to be announced: Green Arrow, Green Lantern and The Joker... where's the next female? That's where this hint comes in to play.

Ed Boon has tweeted recently a possible hint/clue, asking folks which of these three girls should make the Injustice roster? They include: Batgirl (or Gretel?), Supergirl and Power Girl.
View attachment 2658

Source: Ed Boon via @noobde
Oh Boon, you card!

By showing 2 characters that are essentially different skinned counterparts, he's giving himself a 66% chance to win his own... and if people vote batgirl... just lie to them, and include gretel... who the hell is gretel...

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Omg, please. None of those. I don't need a female counterpart for the already announced male ones.

Are we still on the reveal "mainstream" bandwagon?

If I had to choose, Batgirl, because she's sexy as hell. Yummy ;). But, we have Batman.
I agree... these are two "mainstream".

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Of those three, Powergirl. Supergirl is merely a more powerful Superman and Batgirl would be like a mix between Batman and Catwoman.

I'm a boob guy so I'd want Power Girl in it. The other two I don't really care much for.

If they were to add another girl, I'd imagine someone like The Question would be a good choice. Not a very well known character but does have some good storylines, not to mention that the recent incarnation of the character is a female.

Batgirl's cool but we really don't need anymore batman characters.

So supergirl. Why even have power girl as an option? If super girl makes it then power girl should be an alt costume, or vice versa. Could have at least shown a pic of zatanna or black canary.

I'm a boob guy so I'd want Power Girl in it. The other two I don't really care much for.

If they were to add another girl, I'd imagine someone like The Question would be a good choice. Not a very well known character but does have some good storylines, not to mention that the recent incarnation of the character is a female.
Current incarnation is actually back to the guy.

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
None of these actually I think there are far more interesting females to put in the roster. If I had to choose I'd say Batgirl.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

Ehhh, I'm on the fence with the female Question. If more females make it, excluding Raven/Starfire, I think that Cheshire, Big Barda, Fatality, Livewire (if Static doesn't make it), Ravager, Hawkgirl, and a few others should be in before the Question is even brought up.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Powergirl gets my vote. I'm a fan of all 3, especially the Supergirl series both before and after New 52. However, Powergirl never gets the mainstream attention I feel she deserves. She's always left off of teams or out of events and her fan base is huge. My wife even likes her and she doesn't read comics. She just thinks that her look is awesome and her premise is more fun than most female superheroes.

I think since folks wearing an "S" or a "Bat" would get labeled largely by how folks feel about Superman or Batman as a character it'd be best to use her for variety sake to appeal to those not a fan of those two.

Also check out this awesome costume someone designed for her because they didn't like her New 52 look for a taste of how awesome she could end up looking with her costume for this game.

Current incarnation is actually back to the guy.
Really? guess I missed that, but then again, I haven't been much into te mainstream DC or Marvel universes in the past few years. But thanks for letting me know.

Ehhh, I'm on the fence with the female Question. If more females make it, excluding Raven/Starfire, I think that Cheshire, Big Barda, Fatality, Livewire (if Static doesn't make it), Ravager, Hawkgirl, and a few others should be in before the Question is even brought up.
If you ask me, I think a perfect female character who should make it is Inque from the Batman Beyond comics. She would be different from all the character sand could represent something of a cool character concept.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
If not Cain Batgirl, then I'd want Supergirl. However I really see it being Powergirl or Batgirl, for some reason. Or maybe both revealed around the same time to take up both sides of the screen!