What's new

Injustice - Boon Hints at the Next Female Character

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Why not, it happens in comics: On top of being maimed and bloodied, she's actually been killed on-screen. Hell, the Teen Titans injure big injuries on a regular basis.

No one buys comics so there is no one to be outraged about it.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
How many play video games and how many people read comic books?

The difference if huge.

If people don't read comics then why should they care if Supergirls face get's bloodied? Sure it's a teenage girl but she's also a superheroine, I just don't see the problem.

Edit: People watch movies where teens are bloodied and such, what's the difference?

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
I will definitely take Power Girl, especially if they include her Nightwing - Defender of Kandor costume. \m/

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
If people don't read comics then why should they care if Supergirls face get's bloodied? Sure it's a teenage girl but she's also a superheroine, I just don't see the problem.

Edit: People watch movies where teens are bloodied and such, what's the difference?
Because video games are controversy magnets, the general mainstream media still sees them as toys for children, and not as a legitimate entertainment medium.

I'm sure there are many ways to get around this pretty easily, like aging her up for the sake of the game, or not letting her get body damage, just some clothing rips, however it's just far easier to use Powergirl.

Reedoms

Noob

I don't see the problem either, but others do.

People get up in arms over the most simple shit. Just look at a MK1. Pretty tame in the gore department but damn did it get some controversy over it.
Then there was that whole debacle with Mass Effect and the alleged on screen sex that was polluting the minds of our youth.

I like how the goverment is bitching about video games, but they refuse to take a closer look at the television.
I'm from Germany and the programm here is garbage multiplied by 10. The stuff they show here in the TV is beyond belief, because it's that bad. It makes the human race more and more stupid.
Yet no one is willing to do something about it.
There are more fucked up things in the entire world of the media than video games.

PS: And I think that comics are taking it way too far nowdays when it comes to the brutality factor. I can live with the brutality, but comics are trying to shock far too often with rape. By now basically every comic book character has been raped. Some even twice (Black Cat) and that's as cheap as a horror movie trying to shock you only with cheap scares, while leaving out everything else.

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
Black Canary oe Hawkgirl sense we already have Batman and Superman type move sets. To keep the game diverse.

i would love to see black canary. raven too but i don't think her powers in the comics are diverse enough to make her a fighter, though maybe they could use the teen titans version.