What's new

Injustice 2 Top 8 is set for CEO 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I'm glad to see people still find Harley hype even now that she is good.

Deg, Bio and literally every single Harley player at CEO brought some hype matches, it was heartbreaking to watch all of them lose, specially Bio but Madzin deserved that and he's one of the players I'm rooting for... He might play Atrocitus but he's always been hype and funny (as in popoffs)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I come back and feel like I have to post something, but @Tweedy has already posted it.

He is on fire today. I'm leaving to go get food.

Last edited:

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
This tournament is crazy good so far, too bad I didn't get to see Wound on stream :/
Wound vs Magician was actually really good

G1: Flash vs Fate, Magicians Flash wins.

G2: Flash vs Aquaman: Wounds Aquaman wins.

G3&4: Magician switches to Aquaman and wins the mirror twice, but I actually really enjoyed watching them play the Aquaman mirror.

WATCHD0G

Noob
A guy that rubs his wins in the face of his opponents, with trash talk mostly. I wouldn't say that Madzin's one though, he was just very happy to make top8.
oh ok that makes sense. and yeah I agree with you i don't think there was anything negative towards biohazard, that was a very stressful situation and he managed to come out on top. Also Madzin is one of the most passionate players out there. anything less would have been odd lol

Evil Presence

Representing STB
i thought he had a great attitude after winning. i WANT the guy who beats me to care like it was a lot he had to go through to win
I guess I'm just alot different.
When I win, I shake the person's hand and that's about it. Even if it was grand finals and I won thousands. On the outside im really calm but on the inside I'm super excited and pumped as fuck!!!

WATCHD0G

Noob
I guess I'm just alot different.
When I win, I shake the person's hand and that's about it. Even if it was grand finals and I won thousands. Inside I'm super excited and pumped as fuck!!!
yeah that's fine too, people handle that kind of situation differently. it was very close and he won and was openly excited about it. your way works too. you're just more reserved in that situation im guessing

Also, seriously starting to think NRS games are straight up cursed. No technical issues during Tekken or smash, audio issues to start with then some kind of issue with the set up after the first set.

Oh and DMS embracing the boos with the Roman Reigns entrance was hilarious.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
It's so refreshing to see Injustice 1's best Doomsday alive transition to a HYPE AF new character to keep this top 8 from being some Snoozin B. Anthony legacy-fest. Rooting so hard for Whiteboi to take this.

Madzin's hype too but he's gotta play more Dankseid and less Red-Braindead.
"Snoozin B. Anthony" might be my favorite thing I've seen written anywhere, ever.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Everyone bitching about the oppressive zoning I guess missed the fact that whiteboi simply walked forward and crouched. And oh yeah, by the way....happened to fucking win!!!

People are so convinced that the zoning is fucked in this game that they can't even see what's in front of their eyes! Whiteboi did exactly what you're supposed to in that situation: patiently worked his way in, rarely jumping, biding his time and making it count when king did him the favor of cornering himself.

Like....what are people watching?

And king did exactly what he should do: play he MU in the most advantageous way possible. He built meter, and made it tough for crow to get to mid screen where he excels with crazy buttons and anti airs. People act like what, king should mindlessly ji2 at the character with the best d2 in the game? It's called matchups.

People see scarecrow patiently walk down batman and make snooze jokes yet they watch SFV players literally walk back and forth and shimmy and put out buttons outside of range with no chance of landing for 30 seconds and call it hype and godlike footsies. It's purely a matter of taste, there's nothing objectively better about that style of play.

And frankly, king scored NO damage with batarangs. How many hit? He built a lot of meter, but he still had to move in behind mech bats and apply batman's typical game plan....and lost. But the narrative is zoning is OP or what ever.

People just decide what a game is, and that's that, despite any and all evidence to the contrary.

And for the record, I'm not saying that batman vs scarecrow is a particularly spectator friendly MU, but that's fighting games. Plenty of MUs are visually exciting, and others tend to be plodding and generally predictable. That doesn't mean the players, who happen to be fucking competing for thousands, are obliged to do something less than optimal or strategically advantageous to entertain people.

Rant over. But fuck off with the nonsense. If you don't like the game, don't watch, it's pretty simple. Can't imagine wasting my time to watch something I actively dislike. Get a life.

Status
Not open for further replies.