What's new

Injustice 2 Top 8 is set for CEO 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, that was awesome Scarecrow play, congrats to Whiteboi.

On the other hand, with Scarecrow being one of my mains I don't look forward to what this will bring online lol

I gotta say, it didn't look easy but Whiteboi really earned that. Congrats to him. I'm still waiting for Sonic to pull out his joker more often 3-0ing ForeveKing's Batman was probably one of my favoritie sets.

I feel like you didn't read my post and lashed out on a topic I didn't even really address.

My post was a reference to scrubs complaining that zoning is OP and that the game's meta is completely tied to zoning, and that the game was shallow because anyone that can rifle projectile after projectile can be successful.

I didn't address in venue boos at all, or what rights spectators do and don't have. Of course people can find something boring, the only argument I made was that it's a colossal waste of time to sit online and watch a game you actively dislike. I barely referenced entertainment value at all except to briefly compare how it's relative and subjective what styles of play are boring or not and compared overly cautious play in sfv as an example.

So no, the people complaining about how zoning dominates I2 literally don't know what zoning is about or what they're watching. It has nothing to do with my intellectual vanity or a superiority complex, as plenty/most people that dive into this game understand that while zoning is effective and a viable play style, it isn't at all the oppressive, broken mechanic MANY claim it to be.

Again, I have no idea why you replied to me in the first place, or why you took my post so personal. Frankly, your reaction and general demeanor scream "I have an outsized ego" if anything.

I subjectively enjoyed watching whiteboi stalk down king, so you're opinion is no better than mine. And it's just that; an opinion.

So save your personal attacks for when they're valid, and don't selectively interpret my posts to fit your narrative.

I couldn't care less about people like yourself that found that set boring, because you can like what you like, simple. But, the point of my post is that I'm sick of people crying about zoning's brokenness when time and time again we see examples of good players in "hopeless" matchups show patience and discipline and get in and apply their game.

Zoning isn't the be all, end all, defining feature of this game. On day -1 people decided that this game is a spammer paradise of mindless projectiles and it bums me out to see that mentality persist in the face of such obvious evidence to the contrary.
So I just went through the entire thread, NO ONE in 4 pages mentioned zoning before I did.

People complained about character variety, the Madzin pop off, feeling bad for Bio and a few other things, but not a WORD about zoning before I did.

And you somehow find it surprising that I find a response that mentions something literally no one else in the thread mentioned may somehow be in response to what I posted?

Weird.

Any way, thank fuck Whiteboi won

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
So I just went through the entire thread, NO ONE in 4 pages mentioned zoning before I did.

People complained about character variety, the Madzin pop off, feeling bad for Bio and a few other things, but not a WORD about zoning before I did.

And you somehow find it surprising that I find a response that mentions something literally no one else in the thread mentioned may somehow be in response to what I posted?

Weird.

Any way, thank fuck Whiteboi won
Don't pull a muscle with all that reaching dude. Stretch first at least

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
The match that made me a believer was the Whiteboi vs Forever King. Homie beat arguable the best Batman in what's probably Crow's worst matchup with sheer balls of steel and grit. That shit was so excruciating to watch, but he just walked him to the corner like OG Zangief. Game's too hype.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
The match that made me a believer was the Whiteboi vs Forever King. Homie beat arguable the best Batman in what's probably Crow's worst matchup with sheer balls of steel and grit. That shit was so excruciating to watch, but he just walked him to the corner like OG Zangief. Game's too hype.
It was literally the NRS version of watching Snake Eyez' Gief walk down Du's Guile. So fucking good.

Cashual

LMFAO, figures the guy that thinks the basic concept of zoning is hard to understand can't follow simple logic.
You're literally arguing to argue. It's clear the concept of zoning is hard to understand for a lot of people, look at gamefaq or Reddit, or event hubs, or even tym.

If my initial post didn't apply to you, as in, you're not the kind of person who dismisses zoning as spam out of hand, well than why in the world did you take it personally? I clarified exactly who I was speaking to, so if that's not you, the fuck do you care?

I don't "sub reply" like I guess you do, when I'm responding directly to someone, i damn sure quote them to have a discussion. I didn't @ you, yet you swear I was talking directly to your inner being or some shit.

I'm done, ignored, have a great day!

Cashual

Careful this is a controversial opinion and certain sensitive Sally's may take this on the chin!! Lol

Slymind

Noob
Came here to say exatcly this.

Whiteboi opened up this top 8 facing his worst enemy(ironically canonwise too), the moment he overcame FK's Batman, there was nothing he couldn't do anymore.

I hope Whiteboi serves as an inspiration for character loyalists out there, granted that Crow isn't a weak character, but overcoming what would be arguably one of the toughest matchups out there against the best player for that matchup on the other side, is something to reflect upon.

SonicFox is still a sight to behold, that Joker is sick and he won against the best Batman in the market, his use of pushblock and mb air escape is beyond everyone else imo.

Small side rant: Trident Rush needs to be toned down, even if they have to give him something in trade. The spammability of that move is just silly.

Came here to say exatcly this.

Whiteboi opened up this top 8 facing his worst enemy(ironically canonwise too), the moment he overcame FK's Batman, there was nothing he couldn't do anymore.

I hope Whiteboi serves as an inspiration for character loyalists out there, granted that Crow isn't a weak character, but overcoming what would be arguably one of the toughest matchups out there against the best player for that matchup on the other side, is something to reflect upon.

SonicFox is still a sight to behold, that Joker is sick and he won against the best Batman in the market, his use of pushblock and mb air escape is beyond everyone else imo.

Small side rant: Trident Rush needs to be toned down, even if they have to give him something in trade. The spammability of that move is just silly.
I think there were a couple matches where slayer didnt do 1 combo, just trident rush chip over andmover with endkess meter and even won one of them. The other was close. The chip is dumb. Whiteboi outplayed thesempeople, but i bet this wont happen at evo. I think these top tiers slept on properly learning the matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.