What's new

Injustice 2 Top 8 is set for CEO 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweedy

Noob
One more post from me.

Can we please not forget that Sonic did not win Combo Breaker nor CEO when MKX released? Him not winning this one event doesn't say anything about his reign slowing down or whatever. He'll pick it up when EVO and Eleague roll around. Everyone's gotta be on dey shit.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The top 8 is "Set" unless, of course, the top 8 fall victim to 8 separate misfortunes and are unable to play tomorrow. But that will never happen. Three misfortunes, that's possible. Seven misfortunes, there's an outside chance. But eight misfortunes? I'd like to see that!
ForeverKing might be missing a shoe :cool:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
One more post from me.

Can we please not forget that Sonic did not win Combo Breaker nor CEO when MKX released? Him not winning this one event doesn't say anything about his reign slowing down or whatever. He'll pick it up when EVO and Eleague roll around. Everyone's gotta be on dey shit.
Man, I never expected this, but @Tweedy has become one of my favorite regulators on TYM.

This logic is strong :)

Last edited:

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
Theo's game and Superman (yes Superman) are the most polished thing in Inj2 i've seen so far!
I hope he gets first place.
Also i'm rooting for Slayer and Whiteboy.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I think it's worth saying that a lot of characters are used, then swapped out for Adam or Aquaman. Most commonly, but there are a few others. That's what's lame about it. A large portion of the stream swapped to one of those to close out a set. So I don't necessarily count those as "represented." More like shown unless they take the set. But I get it. The players are of an extremely high caliber and want the best chance to win.

Slymind

Noob
We already have enough footage to make a hype montage of Injustice 2 at CEO 2017. And the top 8 will surely deliver more.

And to think that this game can get even better if certain characters get some adjustments :DOGE

I can't wait. :DOGE
Seriously, someone with good video editing skills should start doing this.

Pick the hypest matches from tournaments and make a compilation, or at least the best moments, i think it would be a very good way to further promote our scene.

Day 1 and 2 were ridiculous already, plenty of matches to pick up from.

7 characters in top 8, 8 if you count Iluusions as deadshot or arrow. He won key matches with those 2 including Black Adam. Even if you count him as just Adam, that's 7 characters. Scarecrow, Batman, Adam, Aquaman, Atrocitus, Darkseid, Superman.

Catwoman had a lot of success, as did Harley, but neither character quite made top 8.

I really don't see the issue with character diversity, considering this is the release version of an NRS game. Robin and Bane were deep in the bracket(who were both in top 8 at CB), a few Cheetah's made top 48. King Raj was in top 48 who is a Firestorm, Steve closed out a win over Tekken Master with Grodd, Green Lantern wasn't in top 16 but had multiple representatives well past pools.

Boohoo Black Adam and Aquaman will show up multiple times in top 8. This is better than MKX before October 4th without a doubt and it'll only get better.

I hope Whiteboi has an alternative to scarecrow or he's got a long way up hill vs Darkseid-, Deadshot-, Superman-

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
@Tweedy I agree wth everything you're saying, but I couldn't tell you the amount of times I heard "and he makes the switch to Black Adam/Aquaman", I play Aquaman so I get it, he's got everything and why not pick him when there's points and money on the line?

But damn they are honestly THAT much better than the rest of the cast and an inch above the rest of the top 10, and boring as hell to watch. Honestly though Black Adam just needs a damage nerf if anything and I'm sure everyone will be happy, plus the auto win trait to close out a game is lame.

P.S. did you compete at CEO?

CEO has been the best INJ2 tournament so far, the quality of matches have been superb and how can we never forget the classics that were forged in that venue for this game? Madzin's popoff is the GOAT pop-offs. Character good for this tourney.

My prediction is Foreverking vs Theo for GF.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
I just want to see another Madzin pop off, plz.
I would rather not. I saw that match between Madzin and Biohazard and was like, "Oh Madzin? He was some big, beloved name in MKX. People must be excited to see him." And then all we saw was the same, uninspired Darkseid and Atrocitus gameplay while Biohazard played out of his mind. He then scrapes by with a win and throws a chair like a kid having a tantrum. I hope he loses first match in top 8. He is not the kind of champion we deserve.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
One more post from me.

While true, some of us can dream, can't we?

I would rather not. I saw that match between Madzin and Biohazard and was like, "Oh Madzin? He was some big, beloved name in MKX. People must be excited to see him." And then all we saw was the same, uninspired Darkseid and Atrocitus gameplay while Biohazard played out of his mind. He then scrapes by with a win and throws a chair like a kid having a tantrum. I hope he loses first match in top 8. He is not the kind of champion we deserve.
The guy does travel internationally and puts a lot in the game, he possibly spends over 1G each tourney from travel alone(Speculation). The popoffs they are fun and entertaining as long as he is not hurting anyone there shouldn,t be an issue with popoffs. Keep in mind as "uninspired" as you may consider it, he is facing the pinnacle of the competition, those matches take a lot from those guys from reads, tourney nerves, stress, execution, and mind-games etc. Every one of those victories are well-deserved and should be celebrated by the victor.

Prost Madzin!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The toxicity is real with this one. You must be a riot at parties.

Did we get an influx of GameFaqs users recently or something? Dumb ass posts like this really make me wonder where these tools come from.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
The toxicity is real with this one. You must be a riot at parties.

Did we get an influx of GameFaqs users recently or something? Dumb ass posts like this really make me wonder where these tools come from.
I've been here for years, Juggs. And I'm sorry if I would rather see a guy like Biohazard who constantly plays out of his mind and adapts with his characters in the moment then some chair throwing manchild who plays the exact same Darkseid game plan we see from any top player.

Yes, money is on the line and I can respect the attitude of "they're going to play strong, top tier characters to hedge their bets." But can you honestly tell me watching Darkseid, Black Adam or Aquaman, or any Atrocitus other than Tekken's, is half as hype as Biohazard with Bane or Harley, Whiteboi with Scarecrow or anyone playing a character that isn't an assumed top 5 entry because of their incredible tool set?

I mean, FFS guys. I wrote as a spectator, saying I would rather see Biohazard or something other than top tiers, and commented on a silly, borderline dangerous "pop off" and you guys are acting like I insulted Madzin's mother and heritage.

Evil Presence

Representing STB
Good thing he doesn't know how to do back flips. That pop off was so disrespectful.

Status
Not open for further replies.