What's new

Injustice 2 Patch (TODAY) Notes including Wi-Fi indicators and more

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
No I said why not help them? U need me to start a go fund me for their $10 cable?
Fine tag them I will do the fgc a solid on this!
You need the cable and to make holes in the wall. Then if it's not your house/apartment you need to get permission

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
You need the cable and to make holes in the wall. Then if it's not your house/apartment you need to get permission
Yeah an expensive loft my boy lives at times square was worried for the same thing. We use covers ran the cat 5 against the wall and made it neat as shit during mk9. He moved out pulled up the cover no issues. Just giving advice!

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I understood your point perfectly. I just question why, from a network perspective, given what we know about their architecture you would suggest anything other than a public ipperf, a routeview server, anything other than youtube as a packet loss test. It makes no sense, but I'm willing to hear an explanation...
Because in the initial users example they listed no packet loss over their wireless connection, so I wanted him to do something else over the wireless network and notice how it affects his packet loss.

Im not seeing justification from so called professionals as to why online wins / loses due to bad connections actually matters.

Why online play is that valuable for a game, when offline results are what's fuelling your so called career.

All this talk about ranked wins, when there aren't even ranks to attain.

Online is going to sour your play no matter what, even if you gather a stable of players to properly train against (which would be the normal thing to do), you're still going to get fucked over by online.

Online games are always going to teach you bad habits, but what excuse are you going to throw out when you still don't get the wins you want?

Also, it's tragic to see all these self centred ignorant Americans claiming "$10 is all it takes". The issue isn't Wi-Fi being good or bad, it's not hard to see Wi-Fi is inferior even if it's workable. It's your attitude, which you may think is only you being elitist, but it's actually everyone else and everyone you influence.

All this for the benefit of something that has no value.

Rabbit

thugs bunny
I would believe you if I wasn't here from the start. No offense to you or your opinion but it's not representative if 90% of the post here or the poster. In fact the actual poster had started the opposite of your stated opinion
from what start?

how is it not representative of 90% of the posts here or the poster?

how is the op opinion different from mine?

where do you see yourself in 5 years?

out of all the other candidates, why should we hire you?

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Im not seeing justification from so called professionals as to why online wins / loses due to bad connections actually matters.

Why online play is that valuable for a game, when offline results are what's fuelling your so called career.

All this talk about ranked wins, when there aren't even ranks to attain.

Online is going to sour your play no matter what, even if you gather a stable of players to properly train against (which would be the normal thing to do), you're still going to get fucked over by online.

Online games are always going to teach you bad habits, but what excuse are you going to throw out when you still don't get the wins you want?

Also, it's tragic to see all these self centred ignorant Americans claiming "$10 is all it takes". The issue isn't Wi-Fi being good or bad, it's not hard to see Wi-Fi is inferior even if it's workable. It's your attitude, which you may think is only you being elitist, but it's actually everyone else and everyone you influence.

All this for the benefit of something that has no value.
When Wi-Fi players show up to an online event I would be salty as shit that's why. They can win $ based on lag. Fuck that I understand why many are saying ban Wi-Fi from online events.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
from what start?

how is it not representative of 90% of the posts here or the poster?

how is the op opinion different from mine?

where do you see yourself in 5 years?

out of all the other candidates, why should we hire you?
From the start of the post, what your saying is counter to what's being said...
5 years I hope I'm not on here lol
I don't want the gig, I'm not trying to lead people anywhere I want them to think for themselves. But there judgement is clouded...

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
When Wi-Fi players show up to an online event I would be salty as shit that's why. They can win $ based on lag. Fuck that I understand why many are saying ban Wi-Fi from online events.
It's not even that bad, just get good and hit he lab

Because in the initial users example they listed no packet loss over their wireless connection, so I wanted him to do something else over the wireless network and notice how it affects his packet loss.
The problem with that is that choosing YouTube was a poor example because, given their network architecture, he could be routed to a server that maybe in same colo/data center as his ISPs BGP router effectively making his test potentially a maximum of 2 or 3 hops away. Given the short round trip of the packets, it wouldn't allow for a long enough data stream to be transmitted for packet loss to rear it's ugly head.

Ping a server that is known to be geographically disparate from where they are would be a better suggestion. A better way to test for packetloss for the layman would be to open a dos prompt in Windows 10 and run a continuous ping with 1472 byte sized packets to the server on the other end if they accept ICMP, if not find another one. Or in linux launch MTR and do the same thing...then we are really doing some testing. If we find packetloss we run a traceroute to find out where it's coming from--or for a quick analysis, you can always fall back on pathping in Windows 7 and 10 but it's not comprehensive.

The problem here though is we are jumping up several layers of the OSI model by doing this. We need to start with the physical cabling at the router to the WAN first, verify no packet loss on a wired machine with the above steps, then measure dBmv of the SSID at the location of PS4/XBOX to check for any fluctuations with something like inSSIDer, then we jump to layer 3 pinging.

If we are going to troubleshoot for people lets do it , but let's be thorough and not just throw out random steps.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Tape the wire along you wall
I'm not buying a 100ft wire. I'll gladly sit with my high speed internet with no packet loss and my internet line being fiber optics on wifi. Maybe if I'm able to move the router and plug it in with the 25ft cord I already have. Also the dogs would probably bite the wire anyways, they bite everything

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
The problem with that is that choosing YouTube was a poor example because, given their network architecture, he could be routed to a server that maybe in same colo/data center as his ISPs BGP router effectively making his test potentially a maximum of 2 or 3 hops away. Given the short round trip of the packets, it wouldn't allow for a long enough data stream to be transmitted for packet loss to rear it's ugly head.

Ping a server that is known to be geographically disparate from where they are would be a better suggestion. A better way to test for packetloss for the layman would be to open a dos prompt in Windows 10 and run a continuous ping with 1472 byte sized packets to the server on the other end if they accept ICMP, if not find another one. Or in linux launch MTR and do the same thing...then we are really doing some testing. If we find packetloss we run a traceroute to find out where it's coming from--or for a quick analysis, you can always fall back on pathping in Windows 7 and 10 but it's not comprehensive.

The problem here though is we are jumping up several layers of the OSI model by doing this. We need to start with the physical cabling at the router to the WAN first, verify no packet loss on a wired machine with the above steps, then measure dBmv of the SSID at the location of PS4/XBOX to check for any fluctuations with something like inSSIDer, then we jump to layer 3 pinging.

If we are going to troubleshoot for people lets do it , but let's be thorough and not just throw out random steps.
I wouldn't exactly call your solution a "layman" solution. That requires quite a bit of knowledge in not only DOS, but also an understanding of networking.

Alas, yes. Your method would clearly demonstrate it more effectively.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Lol. I can't believe there is an argument against this on a competive forum. Even Internet service providers tell you to wire your pc/console for online gaming. Stop fucking posting and research packet loss. This isn't new in the online gaming world. If you somehow can't manage a $10 100 ft cable over time then I REALLY think you should shift your priorities.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Yeah an expensive loft my boy lives at times square was worried for the same thing. We use covers ran the cat 5 against the wall and made it neat as shit during mk9. He moved out pulled up the cover no issues. Just giving advice!
This sounds like an almost workable idea.. I'm going to have to run it by my gf to see if she cares about a taped up wire. That way I could game in one room and her and her sister would be able to watch whatever on tv. Thanks for planting the idea

This sounds like an almost workable idea.. I'm going to have to run it by my gf to see if she cares about a taped up wire. That way I could game in one room and her and her sister would be able to watch whatever on tv. Thanks for planting the idea
Do you have cable outlets at either location in question?

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Why would they do that? Player Match is for gear. If what you want is a first to 2 mode in Ranked, then ask them for that -- you're more likely to get that. Casual players want to use the gear in Player Match.
No.

Player match does not say gear only. Nor does it say it's only for casuals. It's a voting option to have it on or off. It should be by default but it's all good. Even with your gear on I've beaten many and I'll continue to do so after if I choose to play in that mode.

There's only a few players I've ran into that are good in player match & I've backed out of plenty of matches with your dress up characters.

Keep it and play on.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Glad For the idea!! Run it via the wall and under doors it won't be an eye sour in my opinion for her. Good luck and glad u attempt ttempt this advice!!
Edit 100 ft cable via Amazon should be more then enough. Ran a wire from my first floor to my attic heh. Need the link I posted it earlier but I can give it again. Let me know.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I'm not buying a 100ft wire. I'll gladly sit with my high speed internet with no packet loss and my internet line being fiber optics on wifi. Maybe if I'm able to move the router and plug it in with the 25ft cord I already have. Also the dogs would probably bite the wire anyways, they bite everything
High speed internet means Jack with Wi-Fi. I posted it earlier even Verizon understands what @Pig Of The Hut And what I said. Get the wire it will improve your experience and more!!!