What's new

Injustice 2 Patch (TODAY) Notes including Wi-Fi indicators and more

chores

bad at things
i know theres a lot of "drama" in this thread but if anyone is seriously concerned about running ethernet cord and having it look bad, dogs chew it, etc -- you can run the cable under rugs/furniture where possible and pass it through drywall using this:
https://www.amazon.com/DataComm-Electronics-45-0017-WH-Flexible-Pass-Through/dp/B00DL93SLU/

thats the solution i used (with approval from my landlord) -- its very simple to cut holes and install the box.

if you own your home and have a little bit of time/money (you can of course pay a contractor to do this for you) you can wire your entire home using the existing phone cords/jacks. you can run ethernet and hdmi at the same time as well as installing new wall boxes that have built in usb chargers. this will increase the value of your home! i plan on doing this after i purchase a home in the next few years
https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeNetworking/comments/3hvyg0/rhomenetworking_posting_guidelines_and_helpful/

additional resources:
http://lifehacker.com/364054/top-10-ways-to-get-cables-under-control
http://lifehacker.com/how-to-wire-your-house-with-cat5-or-cat6-ethernet-cable-480020760

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Tfw someone can afford a $3-400 Console and a game that ranges from $60-$100 along with an online subscription that is charged monthly/yearly but couldn't for the sake of example afford a $10 Ethernet cord.
Well apparently some of these people have all that stuff but are children or.... unemployed.

In which case this discussion is where your focus should be.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
15 fucking pages of people saying the same shit over and over. Wired IS OBVIOUSLY THE WAY TO PLAY FIGHTING GAMES HE'LL ANY GAME. THIS THREAD IS ABOUT TYM NOT BEING A PLACE FOR THE CASUAL TO GET BETTER 16 PAGES LATER WE GET IT GUYS WERE NOT WANTED. NEXT TIME AT THE TOP OF THE SITE SAY FUCK CASUALS AND HOLD PRO PLAYERS COCKS MANDATORY WILL SAVE A LOT OF FREE THINKERS.
FUCK WIRELSS PHEASANTS
Fuck WIRED IMPERIALS
Cancerous aids thread..

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I will say, though, sometimes it's legit difficult to get a good wired setup going. My apartment has only one cable outlet in the entire unit, which is downstairs, whereas my PS4 is upstairs. Landlord is strict about what we can do for modification with the unit, so no hole drilling or nailing to the walls. Puppy plus kids that mess with things means no go on cords on the ground. I had to use sticky hangers all along the wall to get it, and my roommate complained cuz it wasn't very neat lmao. I lucked out, but I do realize the setup is either not ideal or requires a dumb amount of workarounds, and not everyone has such a luxury.

PharaohLite

Run Cancels Breh
I really, genuinely want to be wired, but my router is upstairs and my console is downstairs. running a 100 foot ethernet cord down 2 flights of stairs is absolutely preposterous. Anyone got any ideas? Its not like Im too lazy to do this, but I just dont see it working...

Wavy

Block Spammer
Yeah... some of the comments on here are going overboard. Telling people to leave the forum because they are wireless and/or not as good as people competitively? This forum will die real fast if that became policy. This thread is awful. Y'all need some personal anger help.

Last edited:
All this really means is that a tiny handful of wired players will decide not to play against people they can see are on wireless connections. Which... is fair enough?

Though really there's far too much vitriol from both sides in this thread - give it a few weeks and I really can't imagine anyone will be particularly worse off for this change...

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
15 fucking pages of people saying the same shit over and over. Wired IS OBVIOUSLY THE WAY TO PLAY FIGHTING GAMES HE'LL ANY GAME. THIS THREAD IS ABOUT TYM NOT BEING A PLACE FOR THE CASUAL TO GET BETTER 16 PAGES LATER WE GET IT GUYS WERE NOT WANTED. NEXT TIME AT THE TOP OF THE SITE SAY FUCK CASUALS AND HOLD PRO PLAYERS COCKS MANDATORY WILL SAVE A LOT OF FREE THINKERS.
FUCK WIRELSS PHEASANTS
Fuck WIRED IMPERIALS
Cancerous aids thread..
what??

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
true too

netflix notifier option hopefully added later :DOGE
Ya say netflix , @Zionix ? Smfh I know assholes downloading torrents at full speed and still trying to play online. Smh. Glad I got my 150mb up /down to myself and only share with my families fire stick which ain't shit to my connection. Wired is always better if I lag vs someone I just blame their open network. Sounds fucked up but it's the truth! I have played people on pc in mk9, injustice & mkx/mkxl that live in Europe and no issues. Smh. I wish we can detect satellite next!

If you think that my point was about youtube, then I think you misunderstood my point.
I understood your point perfectly. I just question why, from a network perspective, given what we know about their architecture you would suggest anything other than a public ipperf, a routeview server, anything other than youtube as a packet loss test. It makes no sense, but I'm willing to hear an explanation...

chores

bad at things
I really, genuinely want to be wired, but my router is upstairs and my console is downstairs. running a 100 foot ethernet cord down 2 flights of stairs is absolutely preposterous. Anyone got any ideas? Its not like Im too lazy to do this, but I just dont see it working...
The idgaf way would be to drill a hole through the floor. The clean way would be to run wiring down through the drywall. Theres lots of guides online for this type of stuff. Alternatively you could hook your modem/router to a downstairs outlet. Do you have cable or dsl? Most ISPs will install a new outlet anywhere in the home for a small fee. If you have other services through your ISP (phone or tv) on the ground floor you may be able to connect a splitter to a ground floor outlet, connect your modem, and then call your ISP to make sure the signal strength is in spec.

Rabbit

thugs bunny
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT TYM NOT BEING A PLACE FOR THE CASUAL TO GET BETTER
this thread just shows why some casuals don't want to get better and how some players are complacent practicing in unstable connections.

they shouldn't expect players who want serious matches to learn bad habits by playing in a unstable connection. anyone serious about the game should want to have the best possible connection.

"well if it works for me it should work for you" don't cut it with everyone unfortunately.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
I pay out the ass for great internet and I am in fact wired. But if my friends who are fucking poor can't wired there dam console and they body me everytime we play I won't dare tell them "well guys your kinda not competitive cause well your on Wi-Fi" which is what this thread promotes... it's the height of fucking hubris unbelievable.
No offense to your friends. I am keeping this 100% real. A cat5 cable cost less then 10 bucks for a hundred feet. U telling me that's to expensive? Here's a link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004713JLU/ref=asc_df_B004713JLU5018369/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B004713JLU&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198079743087&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18238574323923863123&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9060351&hvtargid=pla-319329640050 maybe u should help them and buy one for them. Just my opinion and I am not trying to trigger u but if they can afford a $59 game u can get that cable!!
Also many share their Wi-Fi networks with multiple devices. Even with my dual band router I wont use Wi-Fi for online gaming!

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
If you think wireless connections shouldn't be able to join online tourneys or koths, you're probably just one of those people that complain when they lose. Plain and simple

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
this thread just shows why some casuals don't want to get better and how some players are complacent practicing in unstable connections.

they shouldn't expect players who want serious matches to learn bad habits by playing in a unstable connection. anyone serious about the game should want to have the best possible connection.

"well if it works for me it should work for you" don't cut it with everyone unfortunately.
I would believe you if I wasn't here from the start. No offense to you or your opinion but it's not representative if 90% of the post here or the poster. In fact the actual poster had started the opposite of your stated opinion

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
No offense to your friends. I am keeping this 100% real. A cat5 cable cost less then 10 bucks for a hundred feet. U telling me that's to expensive? Here's a link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004713JLU/ref=asc_df_B004713JLU5018369/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B004713JLU&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198079743087&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18238574323923863123&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9060351&hvtargid=pla-319329640050 maybe u should help them and buy one for them. Just my opinion and I am not trying to trigger u but if they can afford a $59 game u can get that cable!!
Also many share their Wi-Fi networks with multiple devices. Even with my dual band router I wont use Wi-Fi for online gaming!
I should care if can't afford a cord but call them filthy peons first right?