What's new

Injustice 2 Patch (TODAY) Notes including Wi-Fi indicators and more

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
In other fighting game communities I think people tend to play it by feel. If the connection is bad they won't play and if it's good they will play. All this nonsense with people trying to create some movement to boycott wireless players is ridiculous imo.

It's a fact that wired is more stable when both are in an ideal environment but you're fooling yourself if you think wired connections don't have problems. Wireless is not the only factor or always the cause of a bad connection. If everyone is so serious about their online play you guys should really put as much effort into getting NRS to improve the netcode instead of just bashing players with wireless connections. We should have an option to control the input lag online if they are using a rollback based netcode.

Simply not playing people with bad connections is a much better solution than just boycotting wireless players. In the end it's your own choice but I think it's a bit silly to have respected members of the community running around supporting this wireless boycott nonsense. It takes one game to realize a connection is bad and then you can just move on. That's the way I go about it.

With that said, if you are on wireless and have a problem with people not wanting to play you, you should probably make a wired connection a priority. I just think to have the community openly fighting over this dumb shit is retarded.

Scoot Magee

It was obviously a joke.
I didn't realize you ninja edited your post. It wasn't obviously a joke, I don't know you and people have said it seriously before. You should have added the doge head originally like you first stated in your response to me lol.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
I didn't realize you ninja edited your post. It wasn't obviously a joke, I don't know you and people have said it seriously before. You should have added the doge head originally like you first stated in your response to me lol.
Edited because I realized there was a "xD" which should basically mean the same thing. Didn't think it mattered though, sorry.

Scoot Magee

Also I played with many people in this thread that are boycotting wireless in MK9, MKX and Injustice 1 on a wireless connection. I was forced to play on wireless at that point in time because I was not able to snake a wire from my landlords side of the house. None of them complained about lag and we would play long sets without issue. The connections were all considered "great" by NRS standards at the time.

Wireless can cause issues for sure but you lose more than you gain refusing to play anyone on wireless. It takes two minutes to find out a connection is bad. If that's the case just move on to the next one.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
No I mean that not everyone lives under the same circumstances, so some people literally might mot be able to plug in a cable without destroying their own house. Everyone else has said it enough times already though.

I get the second paragraph though, It's just I find the "just get a cable bro" talk just as stupid as the "please play me despite my shitty connection" talk.

I don't care though, I got my 30ft cable just in time to not be exposed
If you can't hook up a cable without destroying your house you have much bigger problems to deal with. If you can't be bothered, then don't bitch when good players don't wanna play you. If a cable is too much to ask from you yet you still demand stuff from this website, tournaments and tournament players, then you're just an asshole.
I agree with Cossner. I'd love for this 4um to be for teh "elite" by the "elite." Competitive players only. No casul, no beginners, no people interested in tournament play in the future, no online warriors, and NRS fans who try to get better...YOURE OUTTA HERE. You have to be 21+ You know those sub 4ums that are dead because of discord. Lets make it more dead. Go find somewhere else like eventscrubs or gamefaqs because you are not welcomed here.

:DOGE
There's a big difference between casual and beginners. If you want to learn and get involved there's always a way. If you want to pop up out of nowhere and set the rules, then you can go sit on a cactus. TYM was supposed to be the response to those sites yes. If you wanna play on your 160 ms wifi connection, cry about "spammers" and then disappear 2 months into the game, you're more than welcome to go to gamefaqs. We've been through this like 4 games already how is this argument new.

Also it's funny the people calling us elitists have less than a post a month, never heard of them offline or online, don't post on twitter and apparently just came out of their caves to play victims. Cool.

Last edited:

Wavy

Block Spammer
Not sure if that's directed at me or in general w/ low post number people. My post shouldn't have been taken in a serious context. I already stated I think online tournaments should be wired required. However, I do think this wireless/wired thing got overblown in the thread regarding peoples livelihood. Plus, I don't use or have a twitter, never got into it/understand it. I'm always on twitch channels tho.

20 people? You realize the majority of members are competitive players right? I think you're confusing "competitive" with "tournament" players. But even if you are, 20 people? The cluelessness is strong with this one.
As with the others, you have missed the point

You're under the assumption that we're all not adults. Being an adult actually makes it easy.

If by manchild you mean someone who's an actual adult who can plug in a cable without destroying his house then yeah sure.

What ticks me off is this guy with 10 posts that joined a year ago and hasn't even bothered to set an avatar is demanding us, who've been here for years and years and have invested a ton of time, money and energy in this community to cater to him. And if we don't want to have shit experiences online, we're "elitists". K
Nobody, certainly me, is expecting elite players to cater for players keen to branch out into a higher level. Either im not making my point clear or you are completely missing it.

Surely, the leaders and strong players of this community, would be welcoming of new and or intermediate players trying to get better. But, as i have said, it seems like they are more focused on making the strong stronger with little interest in those still making steps.

Now i see your argument, i do. A pro/semipro player gets nothing out of a lagging online experience. I certainly dont debate that.

However, a player striving to get better comes to places like TYM, only to be labeled frauds and liars by the community leaders is to me mind boggling. Thats what i mean by the elite of this player base. Do they want more competitors or the same opponents everytime..

Sorry for the novel, i hope this has cleard up my point of view.

Ps we all start somewhere, so of course ive only been here for a year. What do you expect.

Pps i enjoyed your Sektor in MKX. No brown nosing intended.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
What are the odds we get a patch on June 13 (aka Red Hood Day?). Are we doomed to have a repeat of Injustice 1 evo finals with the same characters destroying everyone?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
No I mean that not everyone lives under the same circumstances, so some people literally might mot be able to plug in a cable without destroying their own house. Everyone else has said it enough times already though.

I get the second paragraph though, It's just I find the "just get a cable bro" talk just as stupid as the "please play me despite my shitty connection" talk.

I don't care though, I got my 30ft cable just in time to not be exposed
Yeah, unfortunately for me I can't run an ethernet cord from my router to my PS4. But I'm just going to start playing in the room where the router is. And also I have the best internet my area can get and it's still trash. Nothing I can do about that. Shit I might even MOVE just so I can get competent internet, lmao.

Whats the point of wifi indicators if I can't avoid wifi matches? Whats the point of ping indicators if I can't avoid matches with less than 100?

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Whats the point of wifi indicators if I can't avoid wifi matches? Whats the point of ping indicators if I can't avoid matches with less than 100?
Only if you go to Ranked matches you can't avoid any matches you encounter, but if you go to the player matches, Rooms and private matches, you should be good.

Last edited: