What's new

Injustice 2 Patch (TODAY) Notes including Wi-Fi indicators and more

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Yea just make alterations to your house so you can play a video game. Duh....
Tfw you have to spent hundreds of dollars travelling to tournaments throughout the years, but TYM user Ninetayls can't be bothered to run an ethernet cord from his router to his console.

If you guys don't care about playing competitively, why are you posting here? This thread isn't meant for you, go to player matches and have fun playing randos, no one is stopping you.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
As in the two groups I mentioned, the young may have foot no money and received the console and game as a gift. As to the unemployed, buying the game a couple of months ago and a console a couple of years ago doesn't exactly indicate you have spare cash to expend now when it's a hot button topic.
Pig paid for (or at least is fortunate enough to have access to) sweet internet. They didn't. Pig doesn't want to play with people who didn't. Now he knows who they are. He should have the same option to not play them as anyone else.

And yes, I understand it's a very niche, "what if" argument. But I'm just trying to offer an outlook here that I don't think you people have considered.
There's no point in a what if. There's no scenario where Pig HAS to play you, which means your only recourse is to meet his conditions. If you can't, sorry bro. He doesn't owe you a match. Nobody does.

I'm sure you have conditions for who you want to play too. The only difference here is his are unpopular.

TRVP6GXD

Noob
"make alterations to my house to play a video game"

*a member of a COMPETITIVE fighting game message board*

Sounds like someone got they feelings hurt.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
There was a time when I lived at my parents place and had to buy a 100ft Ethernet cable to play wired. Had to disconnect it and put it away every time I was finished playing because my parents didn't like the way it looked..

No excuses. Don't feel bad for any of you

kantboy-2

Ripper
I'm a mediocre player, but I love fighting games. The first thing I bought with my Xbox 1 and my copy of MKX was an ethernet cable just for when I went online once in a blue moon to play with the best connection possible. If I go online, I take it out of it's box and go wired. When I'm not playing, I put it back in it's box. It'll take you less than 30 seconds to roll up 50 ft of cable. It's not hard.

If there are thousands of players still playing MKXL on X-Box, the amount of Injustice 2 players on PSN should be ten times that. Don't use the "I won't get anyone to play me" excuse. It's factually not possible.

Did I mention Mr. Freeze's helmet is awesome-looking and frosty?

|Phantom|

"Scarab says you suck!"
I literally ripped my carpet up in my house in order to run 2 100ft ethernet cables to my office in the back of my house for my pc/PS4 a few months back. Ping never goes above 40 for every internet test I have ever ran.

My hard work has finally paid off.

Today is my day, let us rejoice.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
If you are in southern michigan, I am offering my services. I have a drill. I will come wire your console for you, you provide the cable.
You don't even need to do all that. The simplest way is to change the splutter configuration form the lockbox or the NID on the house lol. Whatever the line going into your room move that cable to the first leg of the split for the modem and that's it. If you are worried about dropping signal use a DC.

I've done cable for years and that was one of the biggest troubleshooting calls for customer modem. They want to move the Modem to another. Instead of running a line I re-route the wiring at the box to so I can have the line going to the room they want coming of the first split. Boom done.

Wavy

Block Spammer
This whole wireless/wired thing is funny. It should only matters for the tournament scene players anyways where money is involved. To be honest the fairest thing is to make online tournaments wired required to make the game as smooth as possible online. Regardless you will still get a laggy person, if their net is buns, but its a whole lot less likely.

You don't need to change your house for anyone. You do you. Play the game ranked/online. Nobody is stopping you. As an example I have the game on the XBone(more personal friends) and most of TYM doesn't play on it. I have a ps4 but its the same room as my router(in work office). I had nobody to play with online because I didn't know anyone. I don't care though because I'm not a tournament scene player. Just a stream monster, online warrior, who's on xbox.

Anyhow, if you don't want holes in your walls you can move your console to the same room as your router. Also, competitively speaking you should be playing on a monitor instead of TV. That makes a night/day difference too.

With that said I do believe NRS did alienate some people putting the info out there. I'm willing to bet some people will never be played with again in the scene by people they used to play with. And honestly that's a little shame on their part imo.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
And if that was all this thread was about, then that would be one thing. However, there has been numerous instances rhetoric perpetuating the idea that Wi-Fi users are casuals, lazy, cheap, cheesing victories, etc. There are people who want to get better and play seriously/competitively on Wi-Fi. If this thread were just informing them of the virtues of LAN vs Wi-Fi, that would be fine (like that other thread that laid it out pretty clearly). However, this isn't.
Yes you are because u need a job if $10 is breaking the bank

Wavy

Block Spammer
I'm really not buying the whole lack of money thing. I can understand if you're renting in a place with internet as an outside source provided by owner. Or if your a kid and can't ask your parents. To be honest. You can seriously just move your console/setup. If you don't care that's a whole other story but doesn't come across as I don't care. Honestly, who really cares. This thread has become cancerous.

Last edited: