What's new

Injustice 2 Announcement Trailer + PS Blog Post from Tyler Lansdown

d3v

SRK
The Gear System uses RPG-like mechanics to reward you with loot drops every time you play the game. With each loot drop, you will earn character-specific gear to outfit and power up your roster – changing not only the look of each character, but your fight strategy and your personal approach to every match. As you gear up your characters, you’re building a roster of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains that reflects your choices, and your preferences, which can be vastly different than your opponents. A few play sessions in, you can expect your Aquaman to look and play different than anyone else’s Aquaman you may come across.
This has the potential to be SFxTekken gems all over again.[/spoiler]

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
The # 1 Best Selina Kyle player has RETURNED!!!!! & approve this Trailer!!!!!!!!
I didn't know @16 Bit has decided to compete again.

Either way I'm so hyped. New females to try out Hnnnngggggggg.

Supergirl
Catwoman
Wonder Woman
Batgirl?
Zatanna?
Poison Ivy?
Black Canary?
Vixen?
Starfire?
Star Sapphire?
Tigress?
Cheeta?
Circe?
Huntress?
Female lantern (take your pick)?

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
So if we want to talk about characters...and assuming this WHOLE game takes place in the Injustice universe(no parallel friends to help them) then let's take a role call:

Dead-
Lex Luthor
Dick Grayson
Shazam
Guy Gardner/John Stewart/Kyle Rayner
Martian Manhunter
Black Canary
Green Arrow
Joker
Most of the Titans
Batwoman
Huntress
And a whole lot more

And he's not dead, but Hal Jordan certainly isn't a GL anymore and he never should be again

So my question is how is the roster going to look without some of DC's heaviest hitters? No GL's(unless they went Simon Baz or Jessica Cruz), No Green Arrow, No Black Canary...again, no Shazam, no lex, no Joker, and we're going to have half a cast of characters who are so asshole-ish they are unrecognizable. Superman, Superman, and Superman. My question is am I going to have to just accept I'm playing an asshole Superman all the time? Because that sucks. I think the best part of the original game was the alternate reality part where we got to see true versions of the heroes AND they're Elseworlds counterparts. I'm not sold on this part of the game just yet. Still excited, tho

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
That trailer was awesome. NRS really nail their cinematic trailers.

I fucking loved the "assemble over the body" armour everyone has. Even though it deosn't make sense for some characters it still looks super cool.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So if we want to talk about characters...and assuming this WHOLE game takes place in the Injustice universe(no parallel friends to help them) then let's take a role call:

Dead-
Lex Luthor
Dick Grayson
Shazam
Martian Manhunter
Black Canary
Green Arrow
Joker
Most of the Titans
Batwoman
Huntress
And a whole lot more

And he's not dead, but Hal Jordan certainly isn't a GL anymore and he never should be again

So my question is how is the roster going to look without some of DC's heaviest hitters? No GL's(unless they went Simon Baz or Jessica Cruz), No Green Arrow, No Black Canary...again, no Shazam, no lex, no Joker, and we're going to have half a cast of characters who are so asshole-ish they are unrecognizable. Superman, Superman, and Superman. My question is am I going to have to just accept I'm playing an asshole Superman all the time? Because that sucks. I think the best part of the original game was the alternate reality part where we got to see true versions of the heroes AND they're Elseworlds counterparts. I'm not sold on this part of the game just yet. Still excited, tho
There are both universes though. Hal Jordan didn't convert in the original and Lex, etc are still alive in the universe where Lois is.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!

Dead-
Lex Luthor
Dick Grayson
Shazam
Martian Manhunter
Black Canary
Green Arrow
Joker
Most of the Titans
Batwoman
Huntress
And a whole lot more

MK9 killed off a bunch of characters that returned as playable for MKX so I don't think NRS will pick the roster based on who died in the last game.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
i wonder how this gear system will work, will it just be like variations? so however you powered up your character is how they will be online? and what about for tournaments that dont have the power ups that you have? so many questions but damn i love that trailer and that were getting Captain Cold this time around :D

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
I didn't know @16 Bit has decided to compete again.

Either way I'm so hyped. New females to try out Hnnnngggggggg.

Supergirl
Catwoman
Wonder Woman
Batgirl?
Zatanna?
Poison Ivy?
Black Canary?
Vixen?
Starfire?
Star Sapphire?
Tigress?
Cheeta?
Circe?
Huntress?
Female lantern (take your pick)?
I always wanted star fire in the game. So she will be my second main

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
...Every piece of gear you equip will have a distinct appearance that lets opponents know exactly what your character can do before the match begins. Think of it as build-a-variation.
Exactly, this is the ultimate variation system, I hope you can customize everything. But I'm a little worry this gears will be hard to earn and you will need real money (microtransactions) to get them all.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Do you really even wanna go there after what happened with MKX? Pretty sure there's still something of a mutual "fuck you" between WB and the PC crowd right now.

I almost wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even bother developing it for PC.

It does sort of make me laugh that it's almost like taking a fighting game and turning it into a Dungeons and Dragons game. *Opens Loot Crate* "Oh, a strength gauntlet +3! Hooray!"
You're just jealous that my mommy's credit card will unlock the legendary Kryptonite Encrusted Motorized 10-Speed Strapon of Agony with [+69 Gapeage to Superman's asshole], while you have to grind hours for it.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
As told by Tyler Landsown on the PS Blog :

But we didn’t want to stop there. At NetherRealm, we always want to make games that are fun, challenging and innovative. We strive to give players a level of control that makes playing our games a truly personal experience. For that reason, we have introduced a brand new Gear System, allowing players to build their own version of Superman, their Batman and ultimately, their Injustice Universe.

The Gear System uses RPG-like mechanics to reward you with loot drops every time you play the game. With each loot drop, you will earn character-specific gear to outfit and power up your roster – changing not only the look of each character, but your fight strategy and your personal approach to every match. As you gear up your characters, you’re building a roster of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains that reflects your choices, and your preferences, which can be vastly different than your opponents. A few play sessions in, you can expect your Aquaman to look and play different than anyone else’s Aquaman you may come across.
This sounds amazing to me.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Metallo and I won't even care about any of this shit.

I still love Aquaman though...

...Atrocitus is awesome too though.