What's new

Injustice 2 Announcement Trailer + PS Blog Post from Tyler Lansdown

PlatypusVortex

15 time Evo champion
I imagine they will have micro transactions in some form but maybe instead of it unlocking all upgrades for all characters it will maybe just unlock like the first tier of unlocks for each character. Ie. Level 1 armour, strength, gadget etc. Or they may have it so you can just unlock everything but for only one character.

Who knows at this point.

trufenix

bye felicia
Random thought I've been having is will there be another MK guest Character? I'd rather they didn't but Scorpion was the best selling for injustice so it makes sense to put Sub-Zero (for example) in.
There will be a guest. Probably more than one. I'd wager with the amount of money Injustice 1 made they won't be limited to picking their own characters though.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Nevermind. After further reading, seems like this game is a party game. No tournament edition. Too mainy varibles to lab correctly with armor drops. We have to see what the game play looks like.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Not a fan of super girl. Why have super girl when you have superman. Don't they have similar powers? And black Canary is pretty lame, come NRS, give me some cool characters .
I am not a fan of those two either, dont dislike them but feel kinda "meh" towards them. But, to be fair, having similar powers is not an excuse to leave anyone out. Shazam and Black Adam have the exact same powers, but they played nothing alike in In1

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I am not a fan of those two either, dont dislike them but feel kinda "meh" towards them. But, to be fair, having similar powers is not an excuse to leave anyone out. Shazam and Black Adam have the exact same powers, but they played nothing alike in In1
But they are archenemies like Green lantern and sinestro, so they should be given a pass. Not the case for Supegirl though.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Not a fan of super girl. Why have super girl when you have superman. Don't they have similar powers?
But they are archienemies like Green lantern and sinestro, so they should be given a pass. Not the case for Supegirl though.
Saying Supergirl shouldn't be in it because of her powers is like saying that Nightwing, Red Hood, Batgirl, etc. shouldn't be in it because Batman is.

There's a ton they can do with that power set in a fighting game and the character of Supergirl should be a good addition to the game's storyline.

zerosebaz

But they are archenemies like Green lantern and sinestro, so they should be given a pass. Not the case for Supegirl though.
Given a pass from what? If they played similarly you could say "they play the same but I give them a pass cause they are archenemies" but this is not the case, nobody is forgiving them from playing the same because they don't, even though they have the same powers in the comics. The same is true for every character, no one should be excluded for having the same powers in the comics because there are tons of ways to make them different gameplaywise, just like Shazam and Black Adam

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Given a pass from what? If they played similarly you could say "they play the same but I give them a pass cause they are archenemies" but this is not the case, nobody is forgiving them from playing the same because they don't, even though they have the same powers in the comics. The same is true for every character, no one should be excluded for having the same powers in the comics because there are tons of ways to make them different gameplaywise, just like Shazam and Black Adam
But why you would insert a char with same powers when you have a comic universe full of unique superheroes? The only reasonable excuse will be the archenemies status, but aside from that I can't see a good reason; I really doubt people want to play I2 with half roster batman chars and the other half Superman chars.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Nevermind. After further reading, seems like this game is a party game. No tournament edition. Too mainy varibles to lab correctly with armor drops. We have to see what the game play looks like.
I despise people like you.
We know little to nothing regarding gameplay and your're talking as if you beta tested it.
NRS clearly cares about the tournament community, they will sure take them into account.

zerosebaz

But why you would insert a char with same powers when you have a comic universe full of unique superheroes? The only reasonable excuse will be the archenemies status, but aside from that I can't see a good reason; I really doubt people want to play I2 with half roster batman chars and the other half Superman chars.
Mostly because they more popular, meaning more people know and like them. That is the reason Injustice had a lot more batman characters than any others. Its not that I dont get what you mean, but in the end what does it mater what their powers in the comics are if they play completely different in the game?

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Mostly because they more popular, meaning more people know and like them. That is the reason Injustice had a lot more batman characters than any others. Its not that I dont get what you mean, but in the end what does it mater what their powers in the comics are if they play completely different in the game?
Tbh NRS has shown they can make unique chars that appear same in the paper (like batman and batgirl), but they could appeal to broader audiences (like fans of Swamp thing, Constantine, Dr. Fate and many other DC comics) by not focusing in one or two franchises (Batman, Superman, etc). I guess I just want more from the DC world than Batgirl, Red Hood, Nightwing, Harley, Joker, Batman, Superman, Supergirl... you get the idea.

zerosebaz

Tbh NRS has shown they can make unique chars that appear same in the paper (like batman and batgirl), but they could appeal to broader audiences (like fans of Swamp thing, Constantine, Dr. Fate and many other DC comics) by not focusing in one or two franchises (Batman, Superman, etc). I guess I just want more from the DC world than Batgirl, Red Hood, Nightwing, Harley, Joker, Batman, Superman, Supergirl... you get the idea.
Of course I do, I want that too, I am all for more obscure character over Nightwing, Batgirl, Supergirl, or Zoom. I agree on that. What I was just poiting out is that characters having the same powers is not a reason to exclude them, cause tey can still play completely different.

That said, I hope both Constantine and Swamp thing make it in, really looking forward to them.

Matix218

Get over here!
How are we supposed to lab this shit?
Yeah how are competitive players supposed to be prepared for every character with every possible combination of gear? This type of thing is great for rpgs but does not seem conducive to a competitive fighting game. Also, you think variations gave balance difficulties? Think of millions of potential gear combinations some of which could potentially break or over buff a character. No offense to NRS but no freaking way they will be able to test every gear combination with every character thoroughly enough to ensure balance assuming there is a lot of different types of gear (which sounds like the case since it seems to be an rpg like "drop" system.

Also what if you have not unlocked all of the gear drops? Can you only lab items you have unlocked?

This sounds like a potentially problematic system but hopefully NRS had figured out a way to make it work in the competitive/tournament scene.

NoobSaibot

PSN: JP_THUNDA
"This Tony Stark guy is pretty popular, what if he designed the outfits for the Justice League?" -NRS design team.

They do look pretty cool though.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Man, I don't know about this RPG element / gear talk. I like it in a lot of game types, but I don't really want it in my fighters. I think it's fine if someone wants to make an RPG-Fighter, but I'm concerned that someone is NRS and the game is IJ2; the very game which I was hoping would be my all time fighter of choice. I was really wanting to go all in on it, but now I'm not even sure what kind of game we are looking forward to.

At risk of saying a fighter "should be" something, fighters typically (ideally) are about dropping two people onto a level playing field and seeing which one wins through superior skill. RPG elements are always about success through time spent and thoughtful choices (spending routes); basically the exact opposite mentality. After all of the bickering about how 50/50's take control over success away from the player, this sounds like it has the potential to diminish the importance of actual player skill way more. I guess we really don't know yet what this stuff will look like (there was something about it being limited across certain game modes) so I'm going to try and keep hyped, but man...I don't know.

I will also say that I don't care what you posters above me are going on about. You all can have Superman, my character cursor is going strait to SuperGIRL.

virtiqaL

Noob
Need more details, but at the moment, I have a feeling that if you've been unhappy with the direction NRS has taken gameplay-wise since MK9, you're probably not going to be fulfilled by this game either. Gear gimmick or not.

It seems like NRS makes an effort to further appeal to casuals with each new game (at least since MK9), and with each game the hype/lifespan seems to be shorter than the previous game.

Don't want to trash the game before we learn more and see more of it, but I'm keeping my expectations and hopes tempered at the moment.

Theflyingrocky

Kneel Before Grodd
Need more details, but at the moment, I have a feeling that if you've been unhappy with the direction NRS has taken gameplay-wise since MK9, you're probably not going to be fulfilled by this game either. Gear gimmick or not.

It seems like NRS makes an effort to further appeal to casuals with each new game (at least since MK9), and with each game the hype/lifespan seems to be shorter than the previous game.

Don't want to trash the game before we learn more and see more of it, but I'm keeping my expectations and hopes tempered at the moment.
I also want to see what gear system is really like. It does seem to cater to casuals but that's how you make money in all honesty. As long as the game is fun I'll play it and guess what if God forbid it is another SFxt we can always play mkx so let's just wait a bit.

zerosebaz

Is there anyone else surprised by the fact Aquaman looks 20 years younger than in the first game? And i am not talking about the costume, which I wont complain about, but his face, he looks so cute. Hopes he stays like that :p

I know the faces were just probably made for the trailer and are in no way a reflection of the ones we'll get in the game (remember WW in the posters for Inj1? She looked so good), but I can only hope!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I know most people don't care about the storymode, but I am really curious how they are going to continue the story from Injustice 1. Who let Superman out?
And I'm curious about that too, especially when Convergence addressed Injustice Universe and he destroyed it lol Superman was already out from Batman, so I'm guessing they're ignoring that all together or maybe they'll explain that it some how got saved?

I know you said in another thread you suspect the Injustice Earth was restored probably right, I just hope they address it some how lol even if it's like 2 minutes that Telos felt they were unworthy then changed his mind once he realized Brainiac played him or something.

Sance

Noob
Wow, that gear system points toward microtransactions, also any kind of gameplay affecting progression system sounds really fucking dumb in a fighting game. I think I'll skip this one, looks like a horrible abomination.

As many others have expressed, this whole gear/loot system concerns me. Competition online will be greatly influenced on how long someone has been grinding for gear (I'm just assuming it's this system, I'm probably wrong) rather than skill level, and I have no idea how offline competition will work.