What's new

Injustice 2 Announcement Trailer + PS Blog Post from Tyler Lansdown

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
...Maybe Batman gets to choose between using a heavier armor suit, with more strength but less mobility, and some lighter armour that gives him better footsies/zoning potential but less health. So I guess I'm hoping the gear system turns more into a custumization/variation system than a level-up system.
This :u would be the best decision by far. I hope NRS read this and take your opinion in account. (*-*)b

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Ok, so a couple of things I wanna bring up for discussion.

1. E3 is soon, maybe we'll see gameplay there? Every point after this could be answered at E3 if this is the case.

2. The balance of this gear system has to be good, it is so crucial to the game. What I mean is I don't think gear should be straight upgrades, you should gain something but you also lose something so that there is always a trade-off. Also like someone has already said giving each character a set of starting gear and then making the drops sidegrades would be a nice way of doing things.

3. How this is going to shake out for competitive play. Hopefully there is some way to unlock all gear for competitive play or maybe people decide to play with base characters only.

4. How gear is given out. So it's going to be random loot drops apparently. Honestly I think it might be better to do something like the MKX krypt where you are given currency and you can choose specifically what gear you want. Also are there different rarities?

Opinions?
We should wait until E3 because I'm sure there we will receive all the relevant information we need. But I canunderstand the worries. As you say gears shouldn't be pure upgrades but include a penalty to compensate the upgrade.
As with the costumes in MKX, people should approach Tyler Landsdown to ensure a temporary key to unlock all upgrades just for the tournaments.
They shouldn't be random loots, it would be better if they are like PS trophies, where you know before hand what to do in order to gain said gear.
Please no premium real money exclusive gears, that would suck.

Down 2

Noob
I'm really trying to stay positive on this one but I have faith in NRS. Hopefully they won't let us down and make this into my worst nightmare.

trufenix

bye felicia
I know most people don't care about the storymode, but I am really curious how they are going to continue the story from Injustice 1. Who let Superman out?
my working theory is that (as per usual in League vs Superman stories), either

a) Superman will "temporarily" pardoned by the heroes to fight the greater threat
b) Superman will get broken out and used by this greater threat to fight the heroes

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I'm excited about the game but...

Are any of you other guys like me, over 30, kids, mortgage, 40+ hour a week job?

Is it too much to ask for a fighting game that's just ready to go out of the box? Why do I constantly have to grind for something to have a complete game? I dont want to have to play your mobile games, or run through a krypt for hours.

I hate to say it because it pisses me off, but I really hope they just do what they did with the Krypt and allow me to pay for it all.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik

Are any of you other guys like me, over 30, kids, mortgage, 40+ hour a week job?

Is it too much to ask for a fighting game that's just ready to go out of the box? Why do I constantly have to grind for something to have a complete game? I dont want to have to play your mobile games, or run through a krypt for hours.

I hate to say it because it pisses me off, but I really hope they just do what they did with the Krypt and allow me to pay for it all.
Please no microtransactions or easy gears, etc. Let your kids grind the stuff for you.

trufenix

bye felicia

What are you, new here? NRS has always done unlockable content. Literally always. You'll still get a game out of the box that is 200% more complete than 90% of the games out there. Even MKvDC and MKA (which were undoubtedly their shittiest games) launched with 20+ character rosters, alternate costumes for everybody, full story modes, minigames, endings, etc.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Please no microtransactions or easy gears, etc. Let your kids grind the stuff for you.
Unfortuneately I think microtransactions are here to stay. Which I don't actually have a problem with. They're somewhat of a double edged sword, but if done well, I think they can help.

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
There are both universes though. Hal Jordan didn't convert in the original and Lex, etc are still alive in the universe where Lois is.
In the OTHER universe, not in the universe that we are following in this game if the description is telling us the whole truth

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
This is weird, usually an announcement like this would bring a lot of hype to the forum but it seems rather quiet. NRS destroyed all hope over time with such past let downs :(. A shame indeed.

I hear you chirping big bird. I myself am over 30, two boys, (5 & 2) mortgage, and a full time job, but I have to disagree with being able to purchase everything all at once. I hope the requirements to acquire some of this gear isn't ridiculously difficult, (It took me forever to get Johnny's Hot Shot Costume) but being able to buy it for me would take the fun out of it IMO. There's only bed time for guys like us and suffering through being tired the next day from staying up too late grinding it out.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I AM SO FUCKING HYPEEE OMG
Can't fucking wait, It looks way better that I could had imagined.
could this be in-game cinematics?
flash looks dope af
gimme rush down hawkgirl plss
poison Ivy plss
trailer doesn't make much sense, everyone is fighting everyone
still cool tho

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^

Here, here!