What's new

Injustice 2 Announcement Trailer + PS Blog Post from Tyler Lansdown

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Anyone else worried that this is going to turn out like SFxT with the gems and grinding certain gems to get the right load out? :|

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Regarding the Diablo/Borderlands style loot system, it honestly sounds like shit to me. Not very conducive to a pick-up-and-play experience, but I understand they're trying to innovate.

Two conditions must be met to make this work:

1) items must not be very powerful--maybe they improve performance by up to 5% or something... otherwise it's just cheap and not reflective of actual skill, but the gear grind.

2) there must be a barebones mode with gear disabled.

Not going to damn the gear system yet, I'm just highly skeptical of it.
There's no actuak skill in an NRS game. There's only safe 50/50, plus on block armor or fullscreen frametraps. :DOGE

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
If I had to guess I'd say we're going to have both a loot-friendly and a barebones online system, to cater to both casuals and competitive. Obviously NRS won't just lock OP gear behind a ''play for 200 hours or pay 20$'' wall, they're better than that.

My hope (and the one thing that makes me VERY excited) is that we can at least keep the aesthetics of our gear no matter the game mode. If I can't have my +10 lightning DMG Supes body armor, at least let me show off that sweet shiny kryptonian armor.

trufenix

bye felicia
My hope (and the one thing that makes me VERY excited) is that we can at least keep the aesthetics of our gear no matter the game mode. If I can't have my +10 lightning DMG Supes body armor, at least let me show off that sweet shiny kryptonian armor.
If nothing else, an MvC3 style pre-set selection system is vital.

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
Also, I know most people are going to come at me with pitchforks for this, but if we're going to have loot and upgradeable characters, I hope we don't only have Story and Arcade but an actual ''Adventure'' mode where we fight all kind of bosses, generic characters, geared up playable chars, endurance battles, battles with modifiers, tag team battles; some game mode where I can keep on fighting new threats to find my loot without getting bored. You can even make that shit co-op and have us play with a couple of friends in Adventure mode with our favorite geared-up superheroes. Throw in a guild system for Guild v Guild and add surprise PvP encounters in that Adventure mode, free $$$ right here.

Plus they can also keep creating new challenges like they do with the mobile game.

Last edited:

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Obviously NRS won't just lock OP gear behind a ''play for 200 hours or pay 20$'' wall, they're better than that.
NRS is better than that. But WB? Not so much. And you know the publisher is the one in charge of the microtransactions.

Others have mentioned it will likely be gear sidegrades, as opposed to gear upgrades (if balanced properly). We'll see.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
It's looks interesting. I'm not going to form an opinion as of yet but it looks... Innovative and outside of the box compared to other fighters. I guess that's always a good thing.

I need way more info between now and 2017 too really say I'm hyped. But it's a good start.

Interesting to say the least.

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
NRS is better than that. But WB? Not so much. And you know the publisher is the one in charge of the microtransactions.

Others have mentioned it will likely be gear sidegrades, as opposed to gear upgrades (if balanced properly). We'll see.
True dat. We can only hope at this point, and I prefer being optimistic with almost a year left until release or the wait is gonna be very frustrating. We should have a loooot more details in less than a week regardless, maybe that'll alleviate some fears. Or not.

Error

DF2+R2
I'M SO HYP-
"Injustice 2 offers the latest DC fighting game experience that expands on the previous title’s larger-than-life showdowns. Every battle defines you in a game where players personalize iconic DC characters with unique and powerful gear earned throughout the game. For the first time gamers can take control of how their characters look, fight and develop across a variety of game modes."

E

Eldriken

Y'know, by them saying there are thousands of gear possibilities, you have to keep in mind the following:

Gear 1:
+10% meter building
+12% damage taken
-43% trait cooldown

Gear 2:
+11% meter building
+12% damage taken
-43% trait cooldown

That right there is considered two different pieces of equipment. If the loot we find is anything like the above and its affixes are based off of RNG, that's why they're saying thousands of pieces of equipment for each character. There technically will be because even the slightest difference still means it's a different piece of gear.

Just think of Borderlands/Diablo for reference.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Y'know, by them saying there are thousands of gear possibilities, you have to keep in mind the following:

Gear 1:
+10% meter building
+12% damage taken
-43% trait cooldown

Gear 2:
+11% meter building
+12% damage taken
-43% trait cooldown

That right there is considered two different pieces of equipment. If the loot we find is anything like the above and its affixes are based off of RNG, that's why they're saying thousands of pieces of equipment for each character. There technically will be because even the slightest difference still means it's a different piece of gear.

Just think of Borderlands/Diablo for reference.
So people were mad about 3 variations,... and now they get thousands :DOGE

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
It does sort of make me laugh that it's almost like taking a fighting game and turning it into a Dungeons and Dragons game. *Opens Loot Crate* "Oh, a strength gauntlet +3! Hooray!"