What's new

Injustice 2 Announcement Trailer + PS Blog Post from Tyler Lansdown

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Can you imagine the hype of a vanilla character destroying this absurdly pimped out character? Sounds like a Sonic_Fox thing to do.

(I'm speaking hypothetically. There is no evidence that characters can be "pimped" out to be better, or that "vanilla", or base characters, are inherently weaker. All context and terms above that are misconstrued or otherwise misunderstood are subject to a smart-ass remark from me, or on my behalf.)

trufenix

bye felicia
Isn't that an unusually long development time for NRS? Might explain how they've had the time to craft all of these "gear pieces" and have the "biggest DC roster in a fighting game".
3 years is a pretty standard turn around for a AAA title. Granted, a LOT of that time is when the game is little more than text on a whiteboard or doodles in concept artist notebooks, but this is still one of the biggest misconceptions in the video game playing community.

E

Eldriken

I don't think @Name v.5.0 was trying to imply that he wanted to be able to pay a one-time fee and have everything handed to him. I believe he was meaning that he'd like everything to be available right out the gate because he doesn't have the time to unlock everything.

Besides, do you really think they'd have a microtransaction that gives you everything with there being a perpetual amount of gear? If this gear is stat based (which it seems to be) and RNG is involved in any type of way, it would be almost impossible to have a microtransaction to acquire them all. Way too many affixes and combinations to worry about there.

If anything, they'll probably have loot packages that cost X amount of dollars and give you Y in return. To further this, the more expensive ones will probably be along the lines of you get X amount of items and Y amount are guaranteed to be Z quality.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
3 years is a pretty standard turn around for a AAA title. Granted, a LOT of that time is when the game is little more than text on a whiteboard or doodles in concept artist notebooks, but this is still one of the biggest misconceptions in the video game playing community.
Also factor in changing over to a new set of hardware. Means they have to throw out pretty much all the previously generated assets as the standard is so much higher after a hardware upgrade.

trufenix

bye felicia
Also factor in changing over to a new set of hardware. Means they have to throw out pretty much all the previously generated assets as the standard is so much higher after a hardware upgrade.
You don't have to chuck everything, but yeah a lot has to go. You can really see the difference in quality between the proper MKX characters and the "cameos" like Baraka and Rain and Sindel.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
What are you, new here? NRS has always done unlockable content. Literally always. You'll still get a game out of the box that is 200% more complete than 90% of the games out there. Even MKvDC and MKA (which were undoubtedly their shittiest games) launched with 20+ character rosters, alternate costumes for everybody, full story modes, minigames, endings, etc.
New here. haha. Been here since 2011.

There seems to be a new wave of gamers that want to level up, prestige, level up, earn skins, or some trophy...I followed many games where these gamers seemed to lament not being able to level up further or unlock the next thing. You'd literally see comments like this: "I'm at level 60 now and have all the stuff. What's the point now? Plz increase level cap!"

That's fine, but it's not my thing. I just want to play the game. Not the mini game, not the mobile game, not the challenge. I want to play THE game. So I'll pay if the content is worth it. Just tired of seeing a developer that makes fighting games waste time on all this extra curricular shit.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Is that Ra's Al Ghul narrating? Maybe I'm taking "pit" here to literally. Maybe it's Batman, I can live with the voice.

You know what my favorite thing about this trailer is? The color, the first game's color pallet was horrendous for a comic book game.

The armor changing is probably just showing off the new customizations, which I'm definitely eager to hear about. If I lose to someone because they bought microtransactions I'll uninstall the game. If you are gonna do that NRS make it palatable.

Last edited:

Carl-L

Sub-Zero hater.
I just need Green Arrow to be confirmed and I'll throw all the money NRS wants at them.

Random thought I've been having is will there be another MK guest Character? I'd rather they didn't but Scorpion was the best selling for injustice so it makes sense to put Sub-Zero (for example) in.

Last edited:

REYTHEGREAT

Not a fan of super girl. Why have super girl when you have superman. Don't they have similar powers? And black Canary is pretty lame, come NRS, give me some cool characters .

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
wekk wether you like it or not, you have to admit that NRS fn knows how to present a game and especially know how to produce amazing sound FX. Damn every punch has a huge impact, my face even hurts.