What's new

Tech "I'm Gonna Enjoy This!" -Official Nightwing BnB thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I punish with B112 or B11DF2 xxx continuation of your choice.

My problem is getting Kali Fury cancels online. I'm really going to have to fight to get into the offline scene in CA.
Kali fury MB cancels are a pain online! That as well as f213 are both good punishes. B112 is better since it grants frame advatage without cancelling into a special.
Yeah but remember that b1 is slower than f2. f2 is 10 frames while b1 is 14. Also d1 is 6f.
I didn't forget I know f2 is faster I just mentioned it because it grants frame advantage unlike f213. B112 could be applied granted a successful frame trap set-up. Using either string after a successful blocked f3 or b3 same applies to d1. If you continue the d1 into d2 and your opponent blocks you can blow most normals they do up with f213.

DirtyBoy

Noob
Midscreen meterless I been messing with is f213 df2 jump 2 land 2 df2 jump 3 db1(air) does 33% and it's pretty easy. Is f213 a practical string to start with or no?

Saitsu

Noob
Midscreen meterless I been messing with is f213 df3 jump 2 land 2 df2 jump 3 db1(air) does 33% and it's pretty easy. Is f213 a practical string to start with in a live setting or no?
Well for one you mean df2 to start with as we don't have a df3. Anyway, yes it's practical and you'll use it in close punish situations. It's your second fastest mid next to his d1 and it's only by a frame. Anytime you want a punish, this is what you'll go to.

Other notable starters are d12 (good pressure string as well, fastest mid), b11(a slower mid but necessary when you need to punish at range) and 113 (1 is your quickest normal however it only hits high and it will whiff against anything with a low profile, only use on jump ins and when you absolutely need the speed for a punish, like against Doomsday's Venom).

This is all for Escrima at least.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
I'm practicing with (Escrima) f213 xx df2, f3, j2, 223 xx df2= 31%
From mid-screen, it carries the opponent all the way to the corner.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
I have an interesting 40% midscreen one meter combo I just made, its a switch stance combo.
j2,f213xxswitchstance, MB db2, b3, j2, s1, flying grayson. 40%

7r17r1

Noob
Hi all :)
Investigating some combo depending on the starter, some that I didn't see in the topic :
Mid screen
Escrima - Overhead :
30% : db3 MB, f3, j2, 33 xx df2
can end with 3 xx 4 xx db3 for 30% damage and ending with staff

Staff - Overhead:
I saw the combo from a previous video, but he was doing 2 to b3, which is really hard to land at mid range
I don't think NW will ever land this overhead so close to his opponent, so I looked for a more reliable and confirmable way to continue the combo

36% : 2, db2 MB, b3, j2, 1 xx bf3$
landing the db2 can be tricky

Corner
Escrima - Overhead :
37% : db3 MB, late j3, 112 xx df2 j2 xx db1
32% : b2, 112 xx df2, j2 xx db1 (meter burn df2 for 36%)

Escrima - Mid 33 :
I like this poke since it is long range, confirmable and safe
37% : 33 xx db1 MB, 112 xx df2, f213

I m looking for corner staff combo, any idea ?

Another update, this time for b2 combos with Escrima.

b2, b11 xx df2, j3 xx j.db1 = 30%

Landing the j3 is tough but doable. You cannot land the j3 if you land b2 at max range though and I can't think of anything else to do so. I tried out this variation to lengthen the range of effectiveness for Escrima b2.
You can squeeze a little more damage out of this by delaying the cancel into j.db1. It goes up to 32%. Also if you replace b11 with 3 you will be able to connect the j3 much easier and still do 31%. 3 connects from a slightly longer distance too.

Endeavor

Alright guys, I found a decent 32% midscreen that ends in staff stance, Im questioning what to after this little bnb, cause I'm sure this has a set up potential to continue pressure but I'm not sure what else to do when it ends. Does anyone think i have the option to switch back to escrima after said combo for escrima stance pressure?

Combo is:
f213, xx, df2, f3, j2, 22, stance cancel, db3. (32% ground) (36% jump in)
(Notes: I have been trying to increase the over all damage by adding 33 where the 22 part is just before the stance cancel but thus far have been unsuccessful, please let me know if anyone is able to do it, and how you did it if you do it. )

Saitsu

Noob
No offense but that combo's been known for a long while Kyle. Even updated to make the ender f213 into staff db3.

DocCeaser, thanks for the update, I'll hit the lab now.

Endeavor

No offense but that combo's been known for a long while Kyle. Even updated to make the ender f213 into staff db3.

DocCeaser, thanks for the update, I'll hit the lab now.
Ah I see, sorry about that then, do you or anyone have any ideas, or know any good set up after this combo, or does it not really leave the option?

i've got a 37% corner combo from staff(40% if you land a Ji2).

2,2,1,F1,DB+2(ex),1,F1,DB+3

Also a 33% I call the Tight Rope Walk (It can walk the person from mid screen into the corner with a free trait change)

Ji2, 3,3, DF+2, Ji2, 1, DF+2(ex)

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Merged with the existing combo thread.

Make sure that a thread exists for what you want to post before making it.

I really hate when they're are unnecessary threads

Status
Not open for further replies.