What's new

Tech "I'm Gonna Enjoy This!" -Official Nightwing BnB thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macdaddy

STEAM: Bloodychaos2 XBOX: Macdaddy256969
AHHHH I get what you mean now. Yeah, you can't do them too low to the ground, and I think this was a design decision, not just a product of the engine. They're trying to make a different game, not MK9 1/2 so they really did a lot of fixing to separate this game from the rush down pit of hell that is MK9 (note I thoroughly enjoy that game.) You have to commit to a lot more in this game, like dashes and also jump-ins. Start them higher up and use j.2 as it's active for longer and the hitbox is REALLY disjointed on it. Also this game doesn't let you take breaks between moves so as soon as you connect the j.2 you'll have to be buffering in your next combo.

As for a d2 conversion, I feel I failed you here but here goes;

d2 j.2 d2xxKali Fury (it's a tight and weird timing, but once you get it down, it works for all characters d2 with very slight differences in timing) j.3xxWingding for 25%
I kept trying to get f2xxKali Fury to work in this combo but it simply doesn't, you'll be literally like a pixel out of range to connect with j.3, however, if you are near a corner, it's an option, so pay attention to spacing.

Also something that you can do if you can react and read your opponents jump-ins.

j.2 d2 j.2 2xxKali Fury j.3xxwingding 28%

You can do some similar stuff with j.3 but the timing is harder and you pretty much have to go straight into Kali Fury after the initial j.3.

Hope this stuff helps.
Helps a lot man thanks, thats fantastic.

Saitsu

Noob
Something I've been testing is using f213 as a combo ender then canceling the second hit into a Ground Spark Dash Cancel. Let's you either get the hell away from the opponent immediately or quickens the pace of your offense messing up your opponent's wakeup timing.

DARKazen

Noob
Something I've been testing is using f213 as a combo ender then canceling the second hit into a Ground Spark Dash Cancel. Let's you either get the hell away from the opponent immediately or quickens the pace of your offense messing up your opponent's wakeup timing.
Yeah I've been messing around with a lot of oki options, but I really wanted to get a solid list of options and things you can do to enhance your pressure before I started posting them. As I mentioned as well, you can enter the MB on ground spark while charging and your opponent can't tell until you release it. So you can either dash cancel it into a backdash if you see they're teching towards you (presumably for a reversal attempt) or you can decide to let it go to beat out certain moves when they get up.

It should also be noted that Nightwing builds meter the second he starts the charge, so if you end a combo with f213 and cancel the 2nd hit you can dash cancel and start another and it's a free 1/3 of a bar.

OH, and did I mention that j.2 crosses up rather ambiguously? AND if you jump at your opponent in the corner, you will cross them up? Yay free rush down mixups. And yes, j.2 will lead into any bnb you want to use... unless you've used all of the gravity on a 1 frame timing with pixel perfect amount of pushback.

Edit: Also the j.2 cross-up isn't punishable by standard anti-air. They have to be pretty psychic because any move they throw out will be facing the way they are currently facing... a.k.a. no auto-correct for punishes. In the corner it's easier, because the hitboxes are all mashed together, but midscreen they have to use some sort of special to either evade it, or punish it (and suddenly green arrow's up arrows seem like a great idea lol.)

Saitsu

Noob
The problem I've been having is punishing. How are people handing punishing anything from the opponent that even mildly pushes back? Or just using the Staff in general? These are things I've been struggling with.

So, I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but here are my combos!

Midcreen Meterless:

113xxkali fury ji3xx(air)wingding-29%
NOTE-for some reason you get more damage if you cancel 113 on the second hit of 3. Also, delay the ji3 for as long as possible so that all the windings can hit. This should leave you with plenty of time to dash twice to get Dick back in that ass. This same combo can be started using b2 2xxkali fury. It looks like this: b2 2xxkali fury ji3xx(air)wingding.

Midscreen 1 bar:

113xxMB flipkick f3 ji2 333-31%
NOTE-during 113 cancel the first hit of 3. Make sure you hit the f3 as early as possible or else they wont be high enough to ht with 333 at the end. There are other things we can do insted of 333 so I'd like to experiment more.

Edited for Dick joke

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
The problem I've been having is punishing. How are people handing punishing anything from the opponent that even mildly pushes back? Or just using the Staff in general? These are things I've been struggling with.
I punish with B112 or B11DF2 xxx continuation of your choice.

My problem is getting Kali Fury cancels online. I'm really going to have to fight to get into the offline scene in CA.

b2, 4, db2(mb), 3, db3. does 29% but looks cool cause of the trait switch. probably can be messed around with to get more damage. i use it mostly because it is an overhead start.

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
Mix up strategy... Utilizing the over head slam enhanced...if you noticed. When you do combo string and the opponents just seems to block everything give him a taste of our good overhead crossup game. Utilizing this move will get you good dmg about 37% and 41% wit bwb (background wall bounce)

Roy

Noob

d1-2xx4xxMB Ground Spark b3 j2 3 1xxFlying Grayson 35%
I don't know why but I've really been struggling with this specific combo... I use d1, 2 then hit 4...switches to staff quickly but I can never get the MB Ground Spark off. Can anyone help me out?

Innocent Vision

♥ Nightwing ♥
Here are a few of my videos.. sorry about the quality, I sold my capture card. I'll include notations. The combo's are very basic, but when transitioning from escrima to staff it'll take some getting use to.

Innocent Vision

♥ Nightwing ♥
I'm not sure how the notations are - I haven't played MK9 in a while so excuse me if I get them wrong. Let know if I do and I'll fix.

First one is
Escrima ~ Midscreen
1,1,3 - f+2,1,3 - stance switch - staff spin = 12 hits, 26% (EX version 12 hits, 31%)

2nd combo
Escrima ~ Midscreen
b+2 - f+2,1,3(first hit only) - stance switch - staff spin = 5 hits, 26%

3rd combo
Escrima ~ Midscreen
3,3 - b,b+meter burn - j.2 - f+2,1,3 - stance switch - staff spin = 12 hits. 34%

4th
Staff ~ Midscreen
2 - 3 - 1 - flying grayson = 4 hits 28%

5th
Corner combo ~ Staff
1,f+1 - staff spin (ex) - d+1 - staff spin ex - d+1 - staff spin = 19 hits, 39%

6th
Corner combo ~ staff
2 - 1 - 1,f+1 - 1,f+1 - flying grayson = 7 hits, 32 ~ 34%

7th
midscreen ~ staff
j.3 - d+1 - flying grayson = 3 hits, 24%

Not sure what you mean by jump-ins being hard to land... are we talking mid combo or are we talking about trying to open somebody up with a jump-in? You can get combos off of both j.1 and j.2 and I don't think j.3 is a great combo starter unless you REALLY need the extra range on it to connect with a zoner throwing a really bad fireball. j.2 has extremely easy timing to combo after, remember its a dial-in system, so you just throw out j.2 and wait like a few frames and start buffering what will come next. The game is EXTREMELY lenient with its buffer window, as can be proved by doing j.df1 with Harley and then inputting a dial-in right away and watching it happen when you hit the ground.

At any rate, converting off of j.1 or j.2 is just as simple as pasting in any of the above linked combos that you happen to like. The scaling will change slightly, but the gravity should be almost identical... MAYBE 1 frame links wouldn't connect, but that's about it. Converting off of j.3 will eat gravity, and make certain moves push as opposed to launching, which is why I don't recommend it. Still if you have to I would do j.3 f2xxKali Fury j.3xxWingding 35%. Don't bother meter burning that Wingding unless you have them in the corner, in which case there are better options, but yeah, midscreen the MB version won't hit at all.

Also I don't think he has trouble against zoners (unless you mean cyborg.) Block reversal with Ground Spark and get what ground you can while they either eat it or block it. You can also fake jump-ins once you get in range by just neutral jumping into j.3xxwingding. I also feel like staff would have some pressure against zoners once you hit half screen, though I don't ever use staff stance *gasp* and I pretty much am always in Escrima.
People that can zone night wing like black Adam tend to pose a problem. Well atleast online anyway, as far as jump-ins I always stick with j3 it has a huge hit box and can't be contested air to air by anyone else on the roster. Trust me you will be surprised how often this hits in comparison to j2. You won't get a full combo 30% but you can get atleast 14-19% if you follow it up with a wingding. This will keep my opponent grounded and afraid to jump-in. As far as combos go I almost always go into staff stance atleast once. I like to use 113,Df2,j2,22-4,db3. It changes the pace of the match. I think its best to use stance switch combos on grapplers or rush down chars like flash or bane etc. The staff keeps them at bay and db3 blows up any moves with armor

HMD

Noob
I don't know why but I've really been struggling with this specific combo... I use d1, 2 then hit 4...switches to staff quickly but I can never get the MB Ground Spark off. Can anyone help me out?
It's a timing matter really don't try to do it as if you were canceling a normal hit in a special... just wait a little then cancel Staff change into MB Ground spark

Saitsu

Noob
Another update, this time for b2 combos with Escrima.

b2, b11 xx df2, j3 xx j.db1 = 30%

Landing the j3 is tough but doable. You cannot land the j3 if you land b2 at max range though and I can't think of anything else to do so. I tried out this variation to lengthen the range of effectiveness for Escrima b2.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
What are the best BnB combo enders you guys have found?
So far I have:
J3xxdb1
f213
f213xxdf2
224xxdb3

I'm not sure what will give me the best damage and what will give me certain oki set ups. Anyone break it down a little better yet?

Another update, this time for b2 combos with Escrima.

b2, b11 xx df2, j3 xx j.db1 = 30%

Landing the j3 is tough but doable. You cannot land the j3 if you land b2 at max range though and I can't think of anything else to do so. I tried out this variation to lengthen the range of effectiveness for Escrima b2.
Good find...I was wondering how I could extend b2 into a decent combo. I was doing b2,d1,db3 LOL

Saitsu

Noob
What are the best BnB combo enders you guys have found?
So far I have:
J3xxdb1
f213
f213xxdf2
224xxdb1

I'm not sure what will give me the best damage and what will give me certain oki set ups. Anyone break it down a little better yet?
Well f213 xx db3 is better than canceling into df2 as it grants a Hard KD for shenanigans. But other than that the ones you've mentioned (the last should be 224xxdb3...staff doesn't have a db1) are the best so far.

Good find...I was wondering how I could extend b2 into a decent combo. I was doing b2,d1,db3 LOL

You could also do the combo I have on my list now (haven't updated it yet) which is b2, f213 xx db3. You have to be closer for that one though.

And...I think I've already found a better variation of this new one...give me a minute or two.

EDIT: Never mind... You can land 33xxdf2 but I can't find anything that connects after that.

Well f213 xx db3 is better than canceling into df2 as it grants a Hard KD for shenanigans. But other than that the ones you've mentioned (the last should be 224xxdb3...staff doesn't have a db1) are the best so far.

You could also do the combo I have on my list now (haven't updated it yet) which is b2, f213 xx db3. You have to be closer for that one though.

And...I think I've already found a better variation of this new one...give me a minute or two.

EDIT: Never mind... You can land 33xxdf2 but I can't find anything that connects after that.
Is the combo mentioned mid-screen and corner or corner only?

Saitsu

Noob
Midscreen though you have to be inside max range.

EDIT: After I'm done with this set I'll go back to the lab to extend it in the corner.

I punish with B112 or B11DF2 xxx continuation of your choice.

My problem is getting Kali Fury cancels online. I'm really going to have to fight to get into the offline scene in CA.
Kali fury MB cancels are a pain online! That as well as f213 are both good punishes. B112 is better since it grants frame advatage without cancelling into a special.

Saitsu

Noob
Kali fury MB cancels are a pain online! That as well as f213 are both good punishes. B112 is better since it grants frame advatage without cancelling into a special.
Yeah but remember that b1 is slower than f2. f2 is 10 frames while b1 is 14. Also d1 is 6f.

Saitsu

Noob
Alright, got some for now and it's reflected in my combo list.

(in corner) b2, f213 xx df2, j3 xx j.db1 = 33% End in Escrima
(in corner) b2, f213~4 xx db3 = 26% End in Staff

If anyone has any better combos for a b2 starter in the corner to go into Staff feel free to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.